Selfish?

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   Hello there, my lovely readers :D Before, this chapter was a little bit shorter, because there were only almost 2900 words, but now it's slightly over 3000 words. I want to thank the readers, who commented the fifth chapter, because they comments were the ones I needed all this time. I wanted to know if you are enjoying this story and if not, then why, and thanks to those people I got to know what they think about this story. Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me and I hope I won't disappoint you. There is one thing I want to share with you, because it's funny how I got the idea for a sequel for this story, even though I haven't completed it nor planned the next chapters. There is one character, who might appear later in the story, or not, and I'm curious if you will find out who that character is :D

WORDS COUNT: 3086

   The next day Baekhyun was told by the doctor that he was going to be discharged from the hospital in two days and he could go and see his baby - that was in neonatal intensive care ward for this whole time - if he wanted, but first, he had to finish his breakfast the nurse had brought him few minutes ago. Baekhyun was happy to hear the news, his heart fluttered cheerfully and his eyes started to sparkle in anticipation, because he had finally received permission to get up from bed and go to his little angel that had to feel lonely withouth his mother by his side.

   Baekhyun had been thinking if Kris had even payed their son a short visit, if he had took their baby's little palm in his hand, talked to him or shared his warmth through a simple touch. Baekhyun didn't know if Kris had even thought of going to the neonantal intensive care ward, however deep down in his heart, he felt that the brown-haired man didn't care for their son at all. Kris spent a lot of time with Baekhyun everyday and it probably meant that he hadn't gone to his son like fathers usually did. Baekhyun was almost sure that after the delivery, his ex didn't went to check up on their baby even once, because during childbirth the man was too focused on the shorter male to even acknowledge their child. Of course, there was that time when Kris' attention was focused only on his son, however it was due to the fact that their baby boy wasn't breathing once he got to see the world outside Baekhyun's womb and it was also due to the shock the older male had experienced right at that very moment, seeing his son struggling to take even the smallest breath. Kris wouldn't have even taken a short glance at their child if it wasn't for that incident and it made Baekhyun disappointed for some reason, because no matter how badly he wanted to believe that the other male had come back to take care of them both, him and his son, to fix their relatioship and re-build their lives, their broken family, he didn't want to be as naive as he was before and be left heartbroken for the second time. No, Baekhyun wasn't prepared for that, so he took his steps carefully, watching the groung under his feet, trying not to trip over something and hurt himself in the process.

   Once Baekhyun was done with breakfast, he immediately rushed to the neonantal intensive care ward to see his little angel that he had been forced to leave for few days, because males' pregnancy was different from females' and his doctor forbid him from even standing up from bed. He was told that he would recover sooner, but it didn't mean that he would listen to those crazy people, who kept him away from his little angel and watched over him every now and then, making sure that the patient hadn't done something that he wasn't allowed to do. Baekhyun wasn't that type of person, who would listen to others easily, and he had occasionally tried to sneak out twice or thrice, but got himself caught eventually, getting one of the nurses to watch over him for most of the time for next two days. He just gave up after that incident and decided that it would be better to just wait for permission, so he wouldn't get into any troubles and today, the doctor finally announced that he was free to go out of his room an go to his son, talk to him, hold his small hand and spend some time with him.

   Baekhyun was almost running down the corridors right now, earning other patients and their relatives' attention, but he couldn't care less about such an unimportant thing. No, he just couldn't, because excitement was rushing through his veins, fogging his already hazy mind that pushed the curious people to the back of his head, making all of them invisible, just as if there was no one around.

   Baekhyun didn't know how much time it took him to get to his destination, but it seemed like eternity to him, even though the male found himself taking the last corner in only five minutes thanks to his speed, green walls changning their color into blue one, making the atmosphere in that part of the hospital more peaceful. He could feel more comfortable now and maybe it was because of that colour which was perfect for the future walls of his baby boy's bedroom who would join him soon, the man hoped.

   However his calm state hadn't lasted for too long since Baekhyun got to notice the presence of someone else in the empty corridor, standing only few feets away from the door of the neonantal ward with their fingertips lightly pressed against the cold surface of one of the glass windows, that gave you a view at prematures babies, looking straight ahead at the little creatures in the ward - if there were more than just one - making Baekhyun stop in his tracks immediately. The man, who had his eyes focused on one of the smallest children in the whole ward, that was divided into two parts with a wall in the middle of the room, hadn't noticed Baekhyun's presence at all and he just kept on staring straight ahead with a small, sad smile on his face, a long sight escaped his mouth and shoulders slumped heavily soon after in a resigned manner.

   Wha-What is he doing in here? The twenty-one year old male thought, his mind struggling to form that simple question due to the sudden shock it received. Baekhyun even thought that he had started hallucinating, however a quiet creak of the door being open made him regain his senses and come to the conclusion that he wasn't seeing things just seconds ago. The person, who wasn't, of course only in Baekhyun's opinion, supposed to be in this part of the hospital, had really came and it made the short male confused, because he wasn't expecting his ex - or whoever Kris was to him since they hadn't offically broken up yet - to even think of visiting their baby. It was almost as if something impossible became possible all of a sudden and there was nothing that could surprise Baekhyun even further, because, hell, Kris had really decided to check up on their son after all.

   Baekhyun was observing the tall figure coming over to the only incubator that had a baby inside, their son being the only newborn baby that needed it in this moment. The young man couldn't see his little son's body clearly from his current spot, because his child was so tiny that it made Baekhyun's heart clench painfully in his chest, a sudden wave of anxiety washing over his body. The

Please log in to read the full chapter