Threatened

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   This time we have got some dialogues, so you won't get bored with too much description. I won't write too much, because I know most of you don't even read those notes, so there is no need to make them long. However I wanted to thank laladwiputri who left me four comments and told me what she thinks about my story. I'm really grateful for her opinion, because it means a lot to me. This chapter is dedicated for you, laladwiputri :D

WORDS COUNT: 2379

   It had been few days since the delivery and even though Kris was by Baekhyun's side most of the time, the shorter male still didn't seem to acknowlege his presence. They only greeted each other before Baekhyun had outstretched his arm to grab a book, Tao had brought him, opening it and reading, ignoring the taller man for the rest of the day. Every time Tao came to visit Baekhyun after work, they talked to each other, but still, Kris was just sitting in one of the chairs in the room, listening to his ex and Tao's conversation, sighing, feeling defeated and frustrated, because hell, how was it even possible to ignore someone who had been in the same room as you for the whole day, trying to initiate even the smallest conversation, to get your attention, failing in every other thing and getting only more annoyed? It should be obvious by now that Kris was getting irritated to the point in which he wanted to leave the hospital room and never come back, because there was no way Baekhyun would pay him even a tiny bit of attention, listening to his explanations that would be useless after all. Especially since the love of your live - who are we kidding? - left you once they found out that you were pregnant with their baby. It was impossible to forgive such a crime and Kris should know better than that, but still, he was just a human being that liked, or rather loved to feel that there were no chains keeping him away from what gave him satisfaction in his life and the baby meant that he would lose his freedom. There was no way Kris would had given away his freedom without a second thought, because he still had a choice back then.

   Like any other day Kris was hardly listening to the conversation Baekhyun had with Tao, keeping his mind busy for most of the time with his endless thoughts. He was getting tired by that, only sitting in a chair and walking out of the room for a short walk before going back and taking his usual seat, the one that was the furthest from Baekhyun's bed. Kris felt so bored that he thought that he would fall asleep any time soon, the proof were his eyelids that not only felt heavy, but also kept on refusing to obey him and tried to close themselves, because the tall man had been bored for more than 5 hours. There was nothing interesting to do, his battery was dead by the time the nurse came with dinner this afternoon, which was only two hours ago, and Kris hadn't brought the charger in case his phone would decide to run out of battery, which made him even more irritated if it was even possible.

   Kris yawned, covering his mouth with his hand, blinking a few times to get rid of tiredness that was consuming his mind and body. He had no strenght to think about anything anymore and the thought of coming back home passed his mind, the thought so inviting that it was hard to ignore the temptation rising in his heart. Instead of looking for a job, Kris was wasting his time in here, listening to some stupid conversations his ex had with Tao, watching as the doctor or a nurse came to check up on the patient every now and then or watch as Baekhyun was reading or keeping himself busy in other ways.

   Kris could think of a better plan than just come back into Baekhyun's life, because his sudden return wouldn't make Baekhyun forgive him and come back to him in few days, something Kris had to experience on his own skin. It was simply impossible and the fact that Kris was the father of Baekhyun's baby couldn't change anything with the wound the tall man had left deep in his ex boyfriend's heart. The wound was so huge that it was hard to heal it, the process of healing long and painful enough to make Baekhyun forget Kris and their relationship, pushing the memories of them as a couple to the darkest corner of his mind. It was too late to fix anything, the baby was born and Kris wasn't even needed, because Baekhyun had Tao, someone who wouldn't leave him alone and crush his world in the process. The whole plan, if we can call it a plan in the first place, had been doomed to failure from the very beginning and even the most stupid human being living in this world knew that but Kris.

   Deciding that it was better to just go out without any word, Kris just stood up, feeling how his muscles had gotten a little bit sore from staying in same position for hours. Taking one last glance of Baekhyun, who was talking happily about his baby with a shade of worry, which he tried to hide, in his voice, Kris went over to the wooden door, taking a hold of the doorknob, pushing it down and opening the door, already taking the first step out of the room before something caught his attention all of a sudden.

"The doctor wanted to write down the father's name on my baby's birth certificate yesterday. It should have been done much earlier, right after my baby was born to be exact,

Please log in to read the full chapter