Night Expedition

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   Okay, so there is an update, yay! I had to finish this chapter today and I hope that you all will like it. This time, you will get to see the baby once again, and learn something about premature babies, but not that much. However, who is happy about the update and the appearance of the baby?

WORDS COUNT: 2319

   The last day in this hospital was nearing its end and Baekhyun couldn't wait for tommorrow morning, because he was going to go back home at nine. However, there was one thing that couldn't get out of his head, that thing being the thought of leaving his little son alone in here, because his baby needed more time to become strong and well enough to be able to leave this place. Baekhyun had already talked to the doctor about his baby boy's condiction, Tao and even Kris were present during that time, and the doctor stated that the little creature wouldn't be able to go home along with his mother and will need at least two months to become healthy and ready to join his parents. Baekhyun was just plainly heartbroken, because he didn't want to leave his only child alone and he couldn't stay in the hospital for those two - please, make it only be two - months to watch over his little angel.

   It had been already dark outside and patients weren't meant to be walking around the hospital at such an ungodly hour, however Baekhyun couldn't just lay on his bed and sleep peacefully, because he felt the need to visit his baby and spend some time with him. Knowing that he won't take his son home made the short male feel somehow empty deep inside of his heart and it was such an uncomfortable feeling that Baekhyun couldn't help it but feel down all this time, thinking only about the way to stay as close to his precious angel as possible. He wanted to keep the baby close to his heart, hug him, carry him around their new home, show him his soon-to-be bedroom, his pretty clothes, which Tao had helped the man with choosing the best and the cutests ones, and also his toys. Baekhyun didn't know if his baby was going to be a girl or a boy, wanting to find out the gender as soon as the baby would be born, so he opted to buy only some of the clothes and toys, waiting with painting the walls of his son's bedroom, because he didn't want to choose the wrong colour. If his baby would turn out to be a girl, then the walls would end up pink or maybe yellow, but not too bright shade of yellow. However Baekhyun had got a beautiful son, so he would paint them blue with some help from Tao.

   During the last two days of his stay at the hospital, Baekhyun was finally able to start small conversations with Kris, who helped the latter to calm down once they learned the news of his child's longer stay. Kris even got permission to hug his ex, because Baekhyun had been too depressed to notice the tall figure coming closer and wrapping his arms around the smaller male's body. Baekhyun even hugged Kris back, but it was only because his mind was too hazy to comprehend who was the tall figure he was hugging.

   A lot had changed during those last two days, after Kris visited his son for the very first time. He wasn't the bad guy anymore, however he wasn't a good guy as well. He was just somewhere in between those two characters and even though Kris didn't like the idea of not being able to define his role, his current character in this story, he was glad that he wasn't just a heartless jerk who had abandoned his boyfriend and his unborn baby anymore. He took a huge step forward and it was only because of his son, who wasn't even aware of his actions and their aftermaths. The little creature was just an innocent baby that played a big role in this story and Kris should remember that if he wanted to win Baekhyun back. However we all know Kris and that stupid mind of his that was processing new informations too slow to make him realize such an important thing.

   Baekhyun stopped at the door of the neonatal ward, looking around to see if someone was nearby, but there was actually no one around. He took a firm grip of the handle because of his nervousness, the knowledge that no one was around never calmed him down enough to leave his mind at peace, and pushed it down, getting to hear the quiet, but how agonizingly long creak that accompanied the process of pushing the door further and further to let the man in the ward.

   Once the man closed the door, he tiptoed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Ward, not being able to wait to see his little baby and accompany him for a while before going back to his own room, hoping that no one would notice his sudden disappearance. Baekhyun stood next to the incubator, hardly seeing the sleeping figure of his son, placing his hand in the hole that he had to find first, because his eyes, even though they already were used to the darkness, couldn't see it. He brought his hand closer to his baby boy at a nail's pace, afraid that he would wake his tiny angel up if he wouldn't be careful enough. Once his fingertips touched the soft skin of the small creature's arm - God, how was it even possible for his son to have such a soft skin - he moved them to his child's hand, cares

Please log in to read the full chapter