Complications

Our Baby Lu [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I'm so sorry I didn't update this story last week, but my previous chapter was terrible and I decided to do some researches. This chapter isn't the best, but still, it's more realistic than it was before xD I hope you're not angry with me, because there is less angst and drama >.< Enjoy the chapter (^.^)

WORDS COUNT: 2237

   Kris couldn't describe what he was feeling at the moment due to the great shock he had just gotten, the feeling of his stomach twisting painfully and throat on fire never decreasing, even though the doctor had already intervened, ordering one of two midwifes to pass an endotracheal tube to him. The tube was connected to a machine Kris had never gotten the chance to see, that machine being a respirator, something that would help the baby take his first breath and then, maybe start breathing by himself.

    Kris felt as Baekhyun's hand had clenched around his painfully, worry written all over his flushed face, in a form of thin line his lips created, wrinkles formed on his glistening forehead or watering eyes. Even though the shorter male had been informed that there was a risk of his baby being born earlier than expected, which meant the need to use some medical equipment such as respirator, he still was a nervous wreck who couldn't calm down his raising emotions, especially the guilt he felt all this time his little son was struggling to take even the smallest breath, because Baekhyun had actually put himself before the poor creature's safety. Even though he did nothing wrong, he was still convinced that all the pain his baby had to go through was only his fault, no matter what others would say, there was no chance he would believe their words.

   While Baekhyun was watching the doctor and the two midwifes work, Kris' brown eyes were focused on the pale hand he had been holding since he got to the delivery room, different thoughts and questions running through his mind. Why their baby didn't breath at first? Did it mean that there was something terribly wrong with his son or he was just exaggerating? Would their son need to stay in the hospital longer? Would they need to go back home without their newborn baby once Baekhyun is discharged from the hospital? What were the consequences of what happened today? Did Baekhyun know something like that would happen? Why wasn't his son crying? Why couldn't he hear his baby's cries, so he wouldn't be that worried? Why his baby...

   A loud cry pierced through the whole room, the sudden sound bouncing on the walls, invading ears of people gathered in here. The little creature's mouth wide open and eyes tightly closed, sheding tears while the tiny body trembled probably from cold and fear, so many people gathered around the poor baby that wanted nothing more than to be held by his mother, the person who gave life to him.

   Upon hearing the sudden cry, Kris got pulled out of his stream of thoughts, his eyes traveling from the warm palm in his hand through the clean floor to the little creature that was moving his really small limbs a bit. The baby was finally breathing and Kris had gotten the proof he longed for, his eyes carefully watching as the taller midwife with short, black hair and warm smile on her thin lips, was cleaning his son tenderly, being as careful as she could due to the fact that the fluffy towel in her hands made contact with thin skin that seemed to be quiet delicate.

   Once the newborn baby was cleaned, the woman wrapped him in different towel, a blue one, looking at the doctor who nodded his head as if understanding her question that glistened in her eyes. It probably had to be her first time playing a role of midwife and she wanted to make sure that it was okay to hand the tiny creature in her arms to his mother after such complications.

   When Baekhyun saw the woman coming even closer to him, he loosened his hold on Kris' hand, outstretching his tired arms to welcome his awaited son. His dark eyes showed sparkles of antipication in their dephts, the thought of getting to hold his little son so close to become true.

   Once he got his son in his arms, he brought him close to his chest, nuzzling his head in the baby's chest, getting extremaly emotional. The tears he tried to keep in his eyes for so long had already poured, flowing down his red cheeks and hitting the soft towel his little bundle of joy was wrapped in. He was so happy that his son was safe, that his angel started to breath only after a matter of seconds, that he hadn't heard how the doctor instructed him to uncover the baby's chest and let their skin meet, because it was what mothers did. They were bonding with their babies, their reason of happiness, by the feeling of their children's skin on theirs, sharing their warmth and giving the feeling of care and love to fragile creatures.

   Kris observed as his ex followed the order the doctor had to repeat, exposing the tiny chest of their son to the world before hugging him even closer, their chests pressed against e

Please log in to read the full chapter