Distance

Never regret

- Joanne's P.O.V -

 

The number you have dialed is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

 

It's been three days since I stayed with my family. Chanyeol isn't answering his phone and is nowhere to be found. I tried looking for him at our home, his family home but to no avail. It just seemed like he vanished from the earth. I sat on the edge of the pool remembering the first time he came when our parents told us about the engagement. 

 

"Still not answering his phone?" Kai asked handing me his half-eaten chicken.

"No answers and please keep that chicken"

"It's only been three days. Maybe he is busy with something?"

"With what? He doesn't have to work, doesn't even care about school"

"Who told you that? You know he's a senior but he's in our class"

"Why? I thought he was smart? Or he could just say the magic words to his dad and he can jump to college. Any college he wants"

"Well.. his dad is cutting him off. Ever since that incident 3 years ago. His dad doesn't want him to use his privileges. Which is why he is still in the same class and he failed twice"

"Oh.. what happened 3 years ago?"

 

He looked up to the sky and sighed.

 

"I don't know the details but I know something happened and it involves Kris"

"Kris?"

"Yeah.. your other intense-looking brother"

"Well.. it still doesn't explain why he isn't calling me and where he's been"

"You miss him?"

"Heck no! I just felt sorry about the other day. He just took off like that"

 

Kai's phone beeped. He made a face while reading a text.

 

"Who's it from? Is it Chanyeol?"

"I've got to go. I'll see you at dinner" he said walked away in a hurry.

 

I watched as his figure disappear into the garage and zoomed off in his car. What is with these guys? Why do they always run off? I decided to pack up and went back to my place with Chanyeol since mum said "you have to be home when he comes home" or "wait for him and welcome him with a smile". 

 

As I was walking back home I had this feeling like I was being followed. Or maybe I was just being paranoid? I entered the empty home that was once filled with his obnoxious laughter. I noticed something on the table. A letter. 

 

Dear fiancee, 

Will be away for some time, I believe that we both need this distance before we truly get married and live the rest of our lives together.

Sorry for the way we left things before I left.

Remember to eat, do not ever skip your meals.

 I do not want to marry a pole. I'm sorry I went off in a hurry without any explanation but I will be back once everything is settled.

Do not miss me too much!

Yours only,

Chanyeol

 

"So he left? Just a piece of dumb paper without even telling me where he is going? Screw you."

 

Suddenly there was the sound of a glass shattering coming from the kitchen. Is someone there? Could it be Chanyeol? I quickly ran to the kitchen.

 

"Yeollie! Is that you? Hey! Chanyeol!"

 

I searched the empty kitchen only to find the broken glass on the floor. Funny.. the doors are closed and windows are closed to.. it could not have been the wind right? I felt someone behind me. Slowly I turned around.

 

"Who the are you?! was the last thing I remembered before everything turned black.

 

 

- Chjeanyeol's P.O.V - 

 

~ three days ago~

 

I looked up at the bright sky, the sun is shining bright like her smile. It's been three years and I can never forget her. I placed down the tulips next to her headstone.

 

More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.

 

More love, less hate. Tell me how I am supposed to love again? You were the only one that I loved. Taken away so quickly. I have tried my hardest to move on since you left us. I can never find anyone to replace you. No one is above you.

 

"It's been too long Yumi. I miss you. I'm getting married soon. I hope you're not angry. She's just like you sometimes. Very annoying but no one can ever replace you. I can never love anyone else"

"Funny thing about this marriage.. she is HIS sister. Of all the people in the world am I right?"

"It's always nice talking to you Yumi. Happy birthday"

 

I made my way to my penthouse. It was my haven. I bought it years ago while dad was still treating me like a prince. A place I thought I'd be able to share it with her no one knows about this place not even Baekhyun. I sat down scanning through the empty room thinking about selling this place. As I lay down on the couch, closing my eyes and let the sleepiness take over me for hours. When I woke up I searched for my phone that was apparently turned off. I my phone to look at my notifications.

 

8 missed calls, 2 unread messages

 

 

Joanne; I'm meeting Kris after school.  - 11:55 A.M

 

Kai; hyung Joanne went with Kris the whole day after school, told her about her curfew but not home yet. - 10 P.M

 

I looked at the time. 10:55 P.M. 

 

Is she still with that tall jerk of a brother? I decided to give her a call 

 

 

The number you have dialed is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

 

 

Damn it. Where is she?! Reluctant, I called him.

 

 

"Well hello there brother in law"

"Save it. Where is she?"

"Look, I wouldn't do anything to hurt my sister. I dropped her off at Kai's"

 

 

Before he could say anything else I hung up. Where could she be? I was about to leave the place when I received another text with a picture.

 

 

Unknown; She's lonely isn't she? Funny if one day she.. disappears. 

 

 

 

Who the is this? That place looks like the cafe near her place. I took all my stuff and the leftover flowers before making my way to Kai's place. I rang the bell and waited a few minutes before being greeted by Joanne's mum.

 

"Chanyeol what brings you here so late? Are those flowers for Joanne?"

"Oh erm sorry eomonim I didn't mean to intrude this timing but Joanne isn't answering her phone and I told her to stay here for today as I had some business to attend and.. yeah its for her.."

"Lovely. She loves tulips. Her phone probably died. She usually hangs out at the cafe nearby. Maybe you should check there? It's getting cold. It might rain"

"Ah neh... I'll make my way there now"

 

It started to pour heavily. I sighed as I knew I had to walk in the rain again to find her. As I walked out of their house I saw her walking, giggling with another guy. I walked towards them slowly. Footsteps heavy from bring soaked in the rain.

 

"Chan-"

"Where have you been?  It's late. I told Kai you should be home by 10 pm. look at the time now its almost midnight"

"I was jus-"

"Who is this guy? Dude don't you know she's engaged?"

"Look I'm sorry, I was just walking her home because it's raining. I have no other intentions" the nerve of this guy!

"Yeah right. guys like you are all the same. hitting on another guy's girl. Bug off jerk!"

"CHANYEOL! Apologize now"

"What? You're taking his side?"

"You have no right to say that to him! Did you forget what you said to me in class this morning?" 

 

With that, I threw the flowers and drove off. What is wrong with me?

 

 


 

 

A/N; Heyyyyy. I wonder if there are still people reading this but I have to finish this story. for me myself and I. Joking haha Hope you liked the chapter so far. Do drop a comment if anyone is still aliiivveee.

 

                    

 

p.s. please stay healthy! Luv you all!