Old scar

Never regret

 

~ Kris’s p.o.v ~

 

 

“Next!”

“Give me caramel frappe and cappuccino”

“To go?”

“No no”

“That will be $10 here is your number and we will serve your orders soon”

 

Once I paid the drinks I went to my favorite table and continued reading my book until I saw Joanne who looked scared while walking into the cafe. I waved at her and she smiled. What is she hiding?

 

“Hey!”

“Did Chanyeol stop you?”

“Uh? No.. He was ok with it”

“What’s with the pause? I know you’re lying”

“Uh? No, I’m not”

“Umm lies. That’s ok you don’t trust me”

“No no! I trust you”

“Then..?”

“He.. got mad but it’s nothing. Don’t worry”

“Are you sure? Your face says otherwise”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he is ok now”

“If you say so”

 

Soon our drinks arrived. I don’t even know how many times I have to tell her that it was my treat but she still insisted on paying me back.  After talking about some useless stuff she dropped the bomb.

 

“What’s with the hate?”

“Hate? What hate?”

“You and Chanyeol?”

“Oh.. it’s a long story”

“Tell me”

 

Should I tell her everything?

 

“I..”

“You.. what?”

“How’s your dad?”

“My dad?”

“Yeah. How’s your dad?”

“Real dad or stepdad”

“Oh… sorry”

“No worries. Both are nice to me even though my real dad doesn’t call”

“I’m sorry. You can stop”

“For as long as I could remember my dad was never there for me. The last time he was there for me is the day my parents got divorced. He persuaded me to follow him. I asked my mum why they had to divorce and all she said was that my brother needs him more than us. So that’s when I found out that I have a brother”

 

She stopped for a while and took a sip from her drink before continuing even though her eyes b with tears.

 

“Turns out that my dad met my brother’s mum way before he got married to my mum and has been keeping it a secret until my mum followed him one day and that’s where everything stopped”

“May I know.. how old is your brother?”

“He is a year older. Umm your age”

 

It can’t be

 

“Why?”

“It’s nothing..”

“Well I told you everything”

“Well then... It would only be fair if I told you everything about me”

“If you can’t it’s ok”

“Ever since I was born my dad only comes to see use once a week. You see... I was born out of wedlock…”

“You don’t have to continue”

“I was always teased by my friends for not having a dad but I do. That’s why I always persuaded my dad to come to stay with us. My mum… she’s sick and we needed him..”

“So.. did he come back?”

“Yeah.. he’s back. He’s taking care of mum now in the hospital”

“What happened to your mum?”

“She has cancer.. but she’s getting better after treatment and since dad has been there for her.”

“That’s good. Your dad must have loved your mum”

“He loves my mum but his parents won’t approve of them”

“Wait... what’s your last name again?”

“My name? Kris Wu?”

“That’s your mum’s last name right? Your dad?”

“Li”

“Maldo andwae”

“Why?”

“Don’t tell me your dad’s name is Li Jiaseng”

“Yes, that’s his name.. why?”

“Maldo andwaee! I don’t believe this”

 

She kept on shaking her head. What? Why? What’s wrong with my dad’s name?

 

“I’m Li Joanne.. Li Jiamin”

 


 

 DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

 

Who is the real Joanne? Who is Li Jiamin? What's their relation? Find out soon ;)