[New] The Text Message

Moment of Truth
 
 
Luhan’s POV
z10573842.gif

A week after that night, I reread my text messages of Hee Joo and I. We, EXO; just finished our MV entitled ‘Wolf’ that time. Slowly reading, sadness has conquered my heart. I didn’t cry that time because I still have confidence to prove her; how I really feel about her.

Luhan: Hee Joo-yah, let’s go for a date.

Hee Joo: You crazy? Since when did we have a relationship?

Luhan: I told you, “I think I like you.” Don’t you remember?

Hee Joo: The word “think” sounds unsure,  Luhan. I was drunk. I’m not in my right of mind that time, of course I would be doing stupid things.

Luhan: Let’s talk. Meet you at 10:00 a.m sharp. In front of SMent. <3

After that she didn't reply and she didn’t came. I went to the restaurant where she sings there; I guess that’s her permanent job, I like her to succeed though, why does she stay there just to sing? Why not share her talent?; I wonder why she’s like that? I know she had a crush on me during high school but why is she acting like this? Playing hard to get, I guess.  My fan girls go crazy on me. How can she just ignore me like that? It’s my first time here so I decided to order anyways. I went to order some snacks and food, somebody bumped into me, my sunglasses fell along with my cap.“Isn’t that Luhan?” I heard some girls talking about me, taking pictures.As I bow down my head because of embarrassment, walking out. A lot of girls came in to the restaurant, to see me.  Somebody took my hand and said, “Follow me.” we went outside and ran into some quiet streets. “What are you doing?” she said, panting. I was surprise. I removed my sunglasses to look at her, it was Hee Joo. “What are you doing here?” she asked me. “I came here to see you.” patting her hair. She started talking.

“I seriously don’t like you Luhan! You’re not my type. I mean you’re too innocent and too cute enough to be my boyfriend. I know I sounded silly but—“ I know that she was just making some sort of excuses there. “That’s all? I thought you like me? Isn’t this what you longed for? My confession. What more do you like?” I grab her shoulders. “N-Nothing. It’s just I don’t see you as a man. Yes, you’re kind and all but—“

“What is it because of my past? I already forgot about her, and all I wanted now, is to have great memories of ‘us’ together.” "You don’t understand. I don’t want to lose you, because you’re my closest friend.” Why can't we go out? Why do you play hard to get?!”

“Enough Luhan! it’s because I don’t love you anymore!” she stutter. “Don’t you get it? I’ve been wasting my entire time on you, giving me those false hope.” she bursted out in tears. I know that’s some sort of another excuse. I know she like me and how could she just forget about me like this. It rained that day, I just stared at her the moment she walked away from me. I can feel raindrops already. Time was slow, everything went blurred but I can still see her running. I went home soaking wet,  I sat on the couch; leaning my head back I started staring at the ceiling. I finally understand those words she has said. Maybe it’s because I was her first boyfriend that she wasn’t ready for it or maybe ‘trust’ doesn’t exist or worst, maybe something happened?

End of POV

 
Hee Joo’s  POV
z10573842.gif

/FLASHBACK/

You went to SM entertainment a day before you received a text from Luhan to see if he’s okay and doing well. You were about to come inside the practice room, when you heard their manager.

“Hee Joo it’s you. I always see you here.”

“Hello sir, how are--?.”

“I think I’m wrong about what I said before. Remember?”

“N-no I don’t.”

Luhan went out bringing bottle of water in his hands, sweating and exhausted from the practice; drinking it while you’re talking with the manager he smirked. You told him that you’re going to see him in any minute after talking to his manager.

“I think I should have considered this, are you dating one of the members right now. If you are whoever he is. It’s best if you break up with him—“

“W-Why?”

“Because dating maybe a serious factor in terms of his image, you know what I mean? Fans don’t like their idols having a ‘girlfriend’ they don’t approve on their relationship, well some do; but not all of them.”

“And if I refuse?”

“It will be hard on your part. You know how big SMEnt is, it can do anything. You know we can fire him at any moment. You don’t want that, right?”

“Y-Yes” you hesitatingly answered.

“Do it as if it was a natural breakup.”

/END OF FLASHBACK/

 

All of the EXO members were concerned about you, you didn’t answered any of their calls; didn’t even visited them anymore, to see their practice. You already bought yourself a decent house, which means you’re not with your friend Ah Ri anymore, because she finds it troublesome going to your house. It takes time to go to your house. Even though, you still felt the pain on your heart, the rain poured that time, it was raining very hard; from your window looking down; you started to think:

What if I didn’t let that happen?  for our relationship or should I even call it like that? What if I followed my heart?

Somebody went to your house that time, it was midnight;  you heard a loud knocking sound in front of your door, repeatedly, –knock knock- you went down to see. They all sprinted into your house because of the heavy rains. “How did you guys know my house?” you asked them, closing the gates. “Ah Ri told us and besides we thought you already need us. We already miss you, you don’t respond on our texts.” Baekhyun said, scratching the back of his head.

 “Anyways shouldn’t you treat your visitors right away?” he joked. “Come in” you smiled.”We miss you” Kai grinned as he hugged you. All of them were there, except for Luhan, Kris and Tao. “You guys are so caring. I feel like I’m the bad guy here, you offered me comfort all the time. I am a loyal fan to you though. I make sure to spread only good rumors about you guys in different ways.” “Our Hee Joo is very supportive” Sehun patted your head. “I even bought your albums from the time you debuted until now. I love “Growl” the most because I find you guys manlier” you laughed, you saw them grinning. It felt awkward so you decided to go to your kitchen and prepare ome of those midnight snacks for them. “Want to watch a movie?” you asked. “Sure! Thriller!!!” they said.“I don’t have those type of movies.” “We brought one with us. Why? you scared?” you didn’t respond. “Let’s just watch Titanic?”

“Hmmm, fine I haven’t seen that though” Chanyeol said. “Is popcorn alright for the snacks and just some root beer for the drinks? I haven’t been on the grocery store.” “Let’s watch ATM (Movie) please.”the maknae commanded. “Please not that one.” you stutter as you sat on a couch; grabbed a pillow.  you gulped. “Stick close to me and you’ll be fine.”Kai smiled as he wrapped his arms around you.”O-Okay.” You were trembling in fear because you’re afraid of watching those scary movies;you placed a hand in front of your eyes and squalled. You felt his cheeks pressing on your forehead “Hush, It’s okay now.” Kai said with a calm voice, embracing you; his warm embrace makes you want to lean close to him, which you actually did. “Ayiee, I feel a little chills seeing the two of you hug each other.” D.O joked. “Hey!” you said to D.O denying all the happenings. “Stay.” Kai said. At that moment you were embarrassed and don’t know what to do. “Today is our break so we decided to come.” Lay said, while eating a bunch of snacks. “SORRY WE’RE LATE!” you heard a familiar voice, and stood up; it was Luhan.