Chapter 23: Recalling Memories

Shadow

Kyungsoo’s POV 

Monday

I walked around town with Krystal today. I think she was still a little suspicious of me because she chose to walk through all the suffocatingly crowded areas even though she hates places with a lot of people. There was once where I thought I had lost track of her in the crowd but she showed up beside me a few seconds later. She looked really uncomfortable so I took her hand in an attempt to reassure her. She didn’t pull away.

Tuesday

Krystal and I rode bikes by the river today. Even when we cycle, she’s faster than me. She laughed a lot. She looks really pretty when she does. I think she had fun.

Wednesday

We hiked up to the small hill today to catch the sunset. I think she remembers the last time we were there because she asked, “Are we going to make any wishes this evening?” Her eyes were twinkling when she said it, like there was a galaxy of stars in them.

Thursday

It was freezing cold today so Krystal and I just stayed inside a mall for most of the day. There was a spot with a bench overlooking a huge glass window and we just sat there for a while, watching the people outside tighten their jackets around them in an attempt to brace themselves from the cold wind. “Will we be able to make snow angels again soon?” I heard her say. I smiled and replied,” I sure hope so.”

Friday

I tried to hum “Miracles in December” and “Goodbye Summer” a lot today. I think she might have caught on to it, because I caught her laughing softly into her gloved hands once.

Saturday

I was walking with Krystal around the shop lot area when she suddenly paused and stepped towards me with her eyes staring in another direction. She grabbed my arm and asked, “Isn’t that our song?” and I realized a shop was playing “Goodbye Summer”. I think she took my smile as a sign that she was right because she smiled back with a smile so radiant it could blind the sun itself.

Sunday

Out of the whole week, I was most concerned about where we were going today. In the afternoon, I brought her to the park area where we used to race when we were kids. The road facing it directly was where she was hit. We stared at it in silence for a while, and then she gently tapped my arm. “The past is the past,” she told me quietly. “I’m fine now, so you don’t need to worry. The question is, are you okay?” I sighed shakily and managed a smile, so grateful that she was still here by my side. “I’m fine now too,” I replied.

 

Happy Early Easter, my dear readers! :) The next chapter will probably be the last one for this story. Thank you so much for sticking with me despite my irregular and late updates. I love you all! <3