Turning Point

Billion Won Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

Bzzz... bzzz...

Blink her eyes once. Twice. Took her phone closer to see the message better. Agh.. the sunrise just hurt her sleepy eyes so much. It's 11 am in the morning. Rubbing her eyes, it's been a while since the last time Nicole could sleep so thight. She missed her very own bed so much.

Grin plastered on her lips. What could be better than wake up in the morning and rolling in the bed freely?

Ehm...

Jaejoong close up look introduced to her eyes as Nicole opened her eyes. Oh yeah, we slept on the same bed last night. She recalled her descision to let him sleep by her side to avoid her family suspicion towards their relationship. 

'You looked cute without those annoying smirk of yours, you know?'

Nicole stayed on her position, observing the person that slept soundly beside her. Even his bare face looked so beautiful, as if it was perfectly sculpted. If only he stop annoyed her with his overly high pride and ego, maybe she would..

'Jung Nicole! What are you thinking?'

She could feel her face reddened with her own crazy thought as she placed her hand on her cheek. Nicole turned her body around in the speed of light to calm herself down. But her movement seemed too strong that wake Jaejoong up from his peaceful sleep. 

"Morning already?" Jaejoong husky mumbling voice only made her startled more. Took a deep breath, Nicole pretended to be just awaked.

"I think so."

Nicole heard no response from him. He must be back to sleep, that was what on her mind. She gathered all of her guts, slowly Nicole turned her body to prove her prediction. But all she get was just the sculpted man Kim Jaejoong was staring at her calmly. With his trademark smirk.

"Yah!" She turned her body over to avoid his gaze. "You're going to scare me to death?"

Chuckle sound was heard in the silent room.

She hated it.

"What?" Nicole threw a glare to disguise her embarrassment. She couldn't put her eyes on focus as his toned shoulder and chest was shown as Jaejoong hold his head on his hand.

Gulped.

"I just think..." He paused in between, "You looked quite cute when you're sleeping."

Jaejoong jolt up from his sleep and sit on the corner of her bed. She couldn't see it, but she was sure he was smirking behind his back. Tried to breathe in normally again, Nicole sat on her bed with her phone in hand. This guy really know how to annoy me...

"I'm going down to make us breakfast."

*****

"Really?"

Nicole tried to hold her laughter by munching the straw on her drink. The other man beside her eyed her with contempt. 

"Yeah, thanks to you." Jaejoong rolled his eyes when he remember his last night converation with uncle Sungyong. "He looked quite scary despite of his friendly look."

"It's your choice to come with me," Nicole gave him her best merong face and walked faster. It feel so good to win him sometime. Well, it's not her who win it anyway, but her imagination of Jaejoong's stiff look during their father talk really made her a day.

"Did he do the same to your previous boyfriend?"

Nicole turned her body arround then shake her head. "Actually I've never get anyone who I was able to call boyfriend." She kept her eyes on her feet at she started walking backward.

Her statement somehow made Jaejoong surprise for a second. But unfortunately, the idea of him being her first boyfriend just became another idea to irritate her more.

"Ah, they must be glad to know that now you are taken," giving her his challanging look. "By this divine Kim Jaejoong."

Nicole lilted up her head to see his confident look and rolled her eyes. "Whatever..." slurped a bit of her americano, Nicole turned her body around and walked forward leaving the laughing man behind.

"Yah," Jaejoong walked faster to follow her. "Where are we going now?"

His girlfriend looked at him thinking while bitting on her straw. "Ah!" clapping her hand.

Jajoong looked confused as Nicole took his hand and walked faster. She looked so excited.

"Where're we heading?"

Nicole threw him her cutest eyesmile when she turned around to see him.

"Haeyoung Kindergarten." she said. "Let's give her surprise visit."

Nicole explained that her niece school was nearby so she decided to pay her a visit. She grown up a lot since her last time she saw her. People say it right that kid grow up faster with the blink of eyes. And for technically raising her up during her early days, the feel Nicole had for missing her growing up far away from her just as strong as a mother would have.

Ah, that's why you have those motherly vibe when you were with Chung-ie..

They greet the officer that staying near the main enterance. Nicole showed him her visit permit that her mom gave her previously.

"Thanks God I didn't return it to umma."

It's almost Haeyoung time to off from school, Nicole could see many of the kid's parents coming to pick up their kid. Some of them were looking at them while wishpering to each other. Some was giggling and the other was throwing those undfriendly look. Nicole didn't aware of them as she was busy looking for her niece, while Jaejoong who was caught them in hand while pointing here and there to them was eying them back with those cold glare of him

"Hey," Nicole suddenly grabbed Jaejoong's sleeve. "Was that Haeyoung? I can't see clearly." She's been complaining of her dried eyes which lead to bluriness lately.

Jaejoong believe in his own memory, eventhough he only saw her last night he's sure the girl Nicole mentioned just now was Park Haeyoung. The little one looked sad and looked at her own feet. Haeyoung felt she was singled out with those 'friends' of her mocking her.

The kid looked so fragile.

Nicole was about to rush in if only Jaejoong didn't pull her back. Jaejoong gave her reassurance gaze as he know what was her concern. He took Nicole's hand and walked calmly to the group of children.

"Looked Par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter