Past, Present and Future

Billion Won Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

Nicole looked at Jaejoong blankly. It worried the two ladies beside him as Nicole kept putting her eyes on Jaejoong and Chung-ie with her shocked response.

"He's your son?!"

Chung-ie who was clueless of what had been happening could only threw her his sweetest grin and hold onto her more.

Jaejoong and the two ladies beside him nodded their head in sync.

"NO!"

they held their breath as Nicole's voice echoed through their house.

"How could this cutie pie be your son?"

Three of them dropped their jaw as NIcole started to hugging and cuddling with him happily. They exchange their glance at each other, trying to make sure that what they thought was the same.

"Yah..yah..." Jaejoong walked slowly to her. "What do you mean by that?"

Nicole looked at him with her trademark eyesmile. "Chung-ie is too adorable to be your son."

"Yah!"

Those two ladies chuckled with Nicole's statement. They felt relief that she was able to accept the fact that Jaejoong was the father of a two years old boy.

"Yongjoo-ssi," called Jaejoong's mom. "Are you OK with the kid?"

"Why not?" Nicole nodded her head. "I'm good with children since we have one in my hometown in Jeju-do." She let Chung-ie down on his feet.

It seems that she slightly misunderstood her question, but her answer was welcomed by them as a relief.

His gradmom walked closer and patted her hand. Seems that she was really fond of her grandson's girlfriend and so did Nicole. "Alright, Yongjoo-ssi let's have our dinner first." she lead her to their dining table. "We still have a lot of things to talk."

"Appa~"

Nicole took a glance at the boys that made his way to his dad. But what surprised her most was Jaejoong cold attitute towards his own son. He seemed to avoid him and just let her mom to lead Chung-ie to their dinning table while he himself walked before them.

Nicole frowned her eyebrow, confused.

 

***

 

All of them gathered in the living room after finished their dinner. Everything went smooth and better than they'd ever expected. Jaejoong mom and grandma really fond of Nicole with her bubbly personality, of course she got a plus score with their previous encounter in the police station. Nicole also didn't expected them to be a friendly parents with cute personality.

Chung-ie seems to be quite attached to Nicole as he never left her after they finished their meal.

"He like you a lot." said grandma with her motherly smile. "He never like to be with stranger before."

Jaejoong's mom nodded her head agree. "It shock me when I saw he was sleeping soundly on you at the police station."

"He was attached to us too much."

Nicole looked at the cute kid that now was playing on her lap. She'd never thought he was such a introvert boy like they told her. Chung-ie had been a cute kid and  played with her since the first time she saw him.

"He inherit it best from his dad."

Nicole couldn't hold his laughter as his annoyed looks got into her vision.

"But Chung-ie is better since now he had you to cling with." added grandma.

"Joo-umma!" all pair of eyes was drown to him as his little finger pointed at Nicole. His random shout shocked the other three member of Kim family and Nicole, but the little kid only smiling brightly to them. He showed Nicole his toy car.

Nicole pointed at herself nervously. "You're calling me?" He nodded.

"Joo-umma!"

The two ladies were joyed by his randomness, hand on their mouth while the other two young adult were startled. Red shade started to invade Nicole's light skin when the little boy addressed her by umma.

"Chung-ie yah~ You shock Yongjoo imonim." His grandma took him from Nicole and patted his back lightly. "You're just too fast with it."

Both Jaejoong and Nicole laughed nervoursly caused by that innocent kid statement.

They'd been talking to each other for hours and now it's time for them to go back home. Jaejoong told her mom and his grandma, but just when they got near the door, Chung-ie started to cry and hugging Nicole with all of his strength and didn't want to let her go. He cried even harder when his grandma tried to hold him away from her. It's hurt Nicole a bit to see him crying.

"Andwae!" he kept ranting in his grandma's arm.

"Jaejoong-ah," called the old lady. "Why don't you stay a night here tonight?"

His mom nodded, her heart was hurt by hearing the cry of her only grandson. It might be the only way to stop him from crying right now. Nicole looked at Jaejoong cluelessly which responded by shrughing his broad shoulder.

"We have some new clothes for Yongjoo to change." His grandma tried to peruade them to stay. "And it's been a while for you to stay for night in this house."

Jaejoong took a deep breath and looked at his girlfriend. "How?"

Frowned her eyebrow, Nicole was thinking wether she need to stay or not. She looked at him than at his son who was now pleading and pouting his lips as if asking her to stay. She was weak with that.

She nodded her head lightly. "Alright." It can't be help.

All of them breathed a relief with her descicion. Nicole looked at Jaejoong who giving her a slight pat on her head and smirked.

It's not a bad idea, she thought. But she changed her mind immediately when Jaejoong's grandma asked her grandson to take her to his room to take a bath and change her clothes.

"Yongjoo-ssi, here." she bowed when receiving the clothes given by Jaejoong's mother, then followed her boyfriend into his bedroom. As expected, it was big and luxurious. Nicole got used to it now, everything related to him must be something extravagant.

Her eyes stopped on the photo that sticked on the board hanged on the wall while oberving the bedroom. It seems that Jaejoong liked to stick the photo of his family on it. There's several photo of him with his mother and grandmom, some with his buddies Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu. He looked so happy with them, but Nicole couldn't find his photo together with Chung-ie except their family photograph. She was about to asked him if only the last two pic on the corner didn't get her attention. One was the picture of one girl with beautiul sharp fitures alone, and the other one was Jaejoong with her. He looked so calm and sincerely happy while put his arm on on her shoulder. Nicole took off the polaroid from the board.

Thank you, Park Gyuri.

It was what written behind it. Curiosity started to grow on her mind with it. Nicole was about to ask Jaejoong when she found him standing behind her. 

"What are you doing?" he took the polaroid from her hand. Nicole noticed the change of Jaejoong's gaze on the picture, it looked much tender. And painful... "You must be thinking who she was, aren't you?"

Jaejoong put his polaroid back on the board and walked away. He gestured Nicole to sit beside him on the bed. Nicole did as he asked. Jaejoong took his phone from his pocket and showed it to her. Nicole could see the same girl from the polaroid on his lock screen.

"She is Park Gyuri, my former girlfriend." He looked at his phone with the same gaze as he did with the polaroid. "The only one that I've ever loved."

His voice almost sounded much more like a wishper to her ear. Nicole never saw him in such emotion before, and from the way he looked at her picture she could tell that she must be someone that so precious to him.

"Uhm..." she paused. "Was she Chung-ie mom?"

Jaejoong nodded with smile on his lips. He took another photo from his drawer, Nicole took a close look on it saw the said girl was holding a newborn baby that supposed to be Kim Chung but she couldn't see Jaejoong beside her, and it was weird.

"So where is she now? Why she's not here and live with you and your son?"

Jaejoong smiled bitterly and walked to the table near the window. "She's not here anymore..." he took the note book and pen from his bag and put it on the table..

"You... mean...?"

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter