Bonus #2: From the Past

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Settled #2

September 18, 2018

 

 

Like most couples, Kai and I had our fair share of fights and arguments. Although the amount was considerably lower than most, they still happened. They never really lasted long, we would end up giving in for one another (usually I did anyways) or it would be small enough where we would just sleep it off.
 


If you think about it, there isn't much to fight about with your significant other, especially if they are truly your other half. You're supposed to compliment each other, and by that logic you probably wouldn't clash with one another.
 


What is there to fight about? Finance? Jealousy? Not spending enough time with each other? Morality? Politics?
 


We never fought about any of that stuff. We learned to compromise and to discuss our different views calmly (sometimes). I would be lying if I said our debates never got heated. But we knew our limits. (Well more like Kai got tired and ended up shutting me up with a kiss, which I must admit is very effective.)
 


People say it is the first real road bump in the relationship that will either make or break a couple. You either learn from it and better your relationship or it crashes and is just downhill from there (if you even stay together).

 

I was never was I really a jealous person. I've always trusted Kai. The only times he had ever looked at other girls was when I was confused of my feelings myself and we weren't even together, I wasn't allowed to feel jealous. I also understood that we needed to give each other space, and that wasn't difficult with our four year break.

 

So, I wasn't really sure what came over me. Or what really cause me to act so childish.

 

There was only one person out there that bothers me to be around Kai. It's not anyone from SNSD, it's not Megan Fox, heck it's no one extraordinarily beautiful or famous. It was Kai's only real ex-girlfriend, Jiyoung.

 

Maybe it was because she was the only girl to have ever made him cry, the first person who was able to affect him that much. Maybe it was because she was the only other girl he dated seriously. I know what you're thinking, I'm being immature. It's not like I doubted what Kai felt for me or that I didn't trust him. It was the sheer fact that they had history that bothered me.

 

Needless to say, it shocked me when he mentioned her name again. It had been almost ten years since she's come up into conversation but I immediately was able to recognize her.

 


 


 

"Do you remember Jiyoung?" Kai blurted out, his eyes fixated on the road. I cocked my head and turned over to look at his profile.

"That college girl? Back in high school?" I clarified. I watched him nod his head twice.



"What about her?"



"I bumped into her the other day, funny enough."



"Oh?"
 


"Yeah she's actually working at my dance academy as an assistant instructor. She's under one of my colleagues and works on the same floor as I."
 


"She's into dance?"
 


"It seems like she wanted to be self-actualized, she wasn't happy to be working an office job and realized that she would rather do something in the arts."

 

"What a coincidence she ended up at your school though."  I noted.

 

"Yeah... Lucky her. We pay our staff really well. I wouldn't know how else she would be able to pay her bills as she's an almost single mother."

 

"Single mother?" I raised my eyebrow.

 

"She's separated from her ex-husband seven months ago and waiting for the divorce to finalize... Unfortunately for her she found out she was pregnant a month after he left for his job across the country."

 

I didn't say anything.

 

"She seems really lost and lonely, I feel bad for her. Our department decided to take her out for a company welcome dinner this Friday." Kai mentioned. I nodded.

 

And the conversation ended at that.


 


 

I glanced at the clock on the wall; the little hand was on the two and the larger one on the four. 2:20 AM. Where was Kai?

 

After sleeping together every night for nearly eight months, I was so accustomed to the warmth and company he provided that I could not sleep without him. With a sigh I rolled over onto my back, hoping he would come home soon.

 

The moment Kai kissed my cheek and continued to tell me he loved me as he got ready, I knew that he was expecting to get drunk. I wasn't fond of a drunk Kai as he was quite loud and reckless but I'd let him slide this time. He has been good for a long time.

 

But not being home at 2:20 and possibly being drunk was a bad bad combination. I wasn't sure if he was passed out somewhere or doing something stupid like driving. I should gone with him.

 

I reached over to my nightstand for my phone, planning to call him when I heard the front door shut. Immediately, I threw the covers off of me and headed towards the living room.

 

"Baby?" I called.

 

My head peaked out around the corner and furrowed at the sight before me. Kai stood before me, a sheepish smile on his face and his face still slightly red from drinking. On his back laid a blonde haired female.

 

"Who is that?" I asked calmly. I had a strong feeling in my stomach that it was Jiyoung with a different dye job.

 

"Jiyoung."

 

I pursed my lips and nodded.

 

"And what is she doing in my apartment?" I didn't bother hiding my bitter tone. Kai didn't notice.

 

"I know this looks weird but she got really wasted and passed out. None of us knew where she lived and she had no phone on her I was nominated to take care of her as we lived the closest, no one was sober enough to carry her, and she was the most familiar with me."

 

"Okay."

 

"Okay cool so you can go back to sleep and she'll just sleep on my side. I'll sleep on the couch."

 

"Kai, I'm not comfortable with that."

 

"You're both girls and you know she isn't a serial killer or anything." Kai reasoned.

 

I shook my head, "It's weird having someone you don't really know in your bed...why doesn't she take the couch?"

 

"Don't be silly," Kai laughed, "If it bothers you I'll change our sheets in the morning."

 

I sighed, dropping the subject and moving aside so that Kai could bring her into our room. After positioning her comfortably on his side of the bed, he strode over to where I was standing. After wishing me goodnight and kissing me on the side of my temple, he headed towards the couch.

 

With a huff, I headed over to the bed and slid in. This whole sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter