Bonus #1: Moving Forward

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Settled #1

            May 2, 2018

 

“So, let me get this straight,” I clenched my eyes shut as I worked to comprehend the outrageous proposal, “You want to move in together, after getting back together for only four months after a four year break?”

 

“Technically,” Kai leaned back, “We didn’t get ‘back together’. We never broke up.” I groaned and rolled my eyes.

 

“It was just a short break! Four years is nothing compared to the years we spent together before that and the years we have ahead of us. We both never got into serious relationships between that time either. Think about it. It was like as if I had to go to the army and lost my hand so I couldn't write you any letters. Or if I got grounded for four years.  Or if I randomly got kidnapped and was held hostage in some creepy guy's basement for four years.”

 

I shot him a look, "Really?"

 

"You're really not going to let your boyfriend move in with you after he struggled so hard to break free out of his chains? Through a tiny gated window at the top of the basement? HALF STARVED TO DEATH? CRAWLING BACK TO CIVILIZATION WITH NOTHING MORE THAN THE TATTERED CLOTHES ON HIS BACK? GRITTING THROUGH THE PAIN? AND HIS ONLY WILL TO SURVIVE AND KEEP GOING ON ALLTHESE YEARS WAS THE IMAGE OF HIS GIRLFRIEND WAITING FOR HIM HELPLESSLY BACK HOME?" Kai cried dramatically, a hurt expression on his face. I laughed and shook my head telling him to shut up.

 

“But we’ve only been back together for four months.” I continued to emphasize, "Isn't moving in together a little scandalous?"

 

“No, I told you, it means nothing! Fate brought us back together now and I’m absolutely sure we are meant to be. If you think that I’m going to let you go again you are wrong. And who would judge? Everyone knows that we've been together forever.” I stifled back a smile and put back on my poker face, standing by my decision.

 

“We’re both in our twenties with good jobs! There’s no point in wasting money living apart in two different places when we’re always together anyways.” He ed his arms outwards; gesturing to the walls of his home to further prove his point. I was indeed in his small studio once again. We almost always had dinner and slept over at each other’s houses. I hadn’t slept in my own bed in days.

 

“And your apartment is closer to my job than mine is,” he continued to try to persuade me. He looked at me with pleading eyes, almost making me laugh at how this twenty four year old was able to look so innocent. But, he was right, but not by much. While he was living on the other side of the city and I on the other, his prestigious dance academy (where he was choreographing and teaching dance) was settled in the city center. My apartment was maybe 0.3 miles closer to the center of the city (which was nothing as he drove to work anyways). But I decided to let it go.

 

“Oh, alright.” I gave in. Kai immediately broke out into a huge smile. He got up from the couch and pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

 

“So… can I move in this weekend?” He asked hesitantly. I nodded my head, bumping the crown of my head into his chin as I did so. He pulled back to look at my face, a bright smile plastered  on his face. I felt my lips unconsciously curl upwards, mirroring his expression.

 

 

 

“So, tell me again; why did we pick one of the hottest weekends of the year to move all your crap into my place?” I complained, wiping the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand. My neat ponytail had fallen all over the place and the strap of my overall was falling off my shoulder. I threw my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter