Dating at Eighteen

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Neutrality #1

September 4, 2013

 

One year. 365 days of complete bliss. That's how long Kai and I have been together. I wouldn't say that much has changed in our relationship aside from the kissing and the label. Before we were dating we still spent all our time together and acted like a couple so even with the label no one really said anything. The only major difference was instead of shining away and awkwardly laughing when asked if we were a couple, we could now smile and proudly say 'yes'.

 

The boys did not find out until about a month after Kai had asked me to be his girlfriend.

 

(In case you were wondering my jaw had dropped open after he had popped the question and I turned a bright tomato red as he waited with a patient smile on his face. My mind was a complete mess, I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or hallucinating. Eventually, I was able to stutter out a soft yes, which caused Kai to break out into a huge grin and pull me into a giant bear hug whilst spinning me around.)

 

The boys would of probably never of found out as we didn't act suspicious or different and it would be too awkward for us to flat out and announce it. The way they found out as actually a funny story now that I think back on it…

 

October 4, 2012

 

"You know," Kai whispered casually slinging an arm around my shoulders, "Tomorrow is our one month anniversary." We were occupying the love seat in Sehun's living room watching a drama that evening. The boys were too engrossed into the show in front of them to even notice the quiet conversation between Kai and I... Or so I thought.

 

"Of course!" I hastily whispered back.

 

"Let's go on a date." Kai declared. I turned my head up to look at him and he stared down at me with a smirk, "Leave everything to me. Just be ready with your pretty self by 11."

 

I pursed my lips and nodded my head. I wasn't a big fan of surprises, and he knew that. But to humor him I decided to just go along with his plan. My compliance brought a cheeky grin to Kai's face. I rolled my eyes and fought back a smile of my own as I turned to face the glowing screen once again.

 

During this whole little exchange we failed to notice a boy watching us intently through his peripheral vision with a confused expression plastered on his face.

 

"Something is up with them, I swear." Kyungsoo crossed his arms, blocking the doorway out of Sehun's house. Kai and I had just left and were making our way to my house.

 

"Something is always up with them, what's new?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

"Yeah, those two have been the closest out of all of us for years. It's only natural he's quite protective of her. And they've been grossly flirting and stuff for like a year now, it's not that weird. We've all seen it, Kai is naturally a skinship monster." Sehun agreed.

 

"No, like I think there's a more than friends vibe going on here. Despite Kai's natural flirty ways and skinship."

 

"I don't see any difference in the way they act. I'm pretty sure they're going to be like that forever, even when they're both married. You know she would never date that playboy."

 

"Nor would we let her!" Suho pointed out.

 

"I overheard them saying something about going on a date tomorrow though!"

 

"Those two always hang out without us, big deal."

 

"Let's just follow them around tomorrow and see what's up." Baekhyun suggested. The rest of the boys mumbled in agreement.

 

"Meet up at ten, now get out of my house!" Sehun cried pointing at the door.

 

Kai let out a low whistle after I had opened the door. He was casually leaned against a pole on my porch looking as stunning as ever. In his hands was a bouquet of red, white, and pink carnations. His dark hair was swept upwards in a messy yet fashionable way. He looked dauntingly handsome in a light denim button up, sleeves rolled up to the elbows. And finally black pants complimented his long legs flawlessly.

 

I felt a pang of insecurity as I looked down at my own outfit. I had on a simple white and baby doll pink floral summer dress paired with tan wedges. My long hair hung down in loose waves down my back. I must've looked extremely plain next to my super model looking boyfriend. I hesitantly brought my face back up to look at Kai only to be met with a breathtaking smile.

 

"You look beautiful." He told me, offering me the flowers. I blushed and any thoughts of insecurity had been wiped out of my mind. I shyly took the flowers from him and brought them inside, leaving them in a vase in the living room.

 

“Ready?” he offered me his hand after I had locked up the house. I slipped my hands into his naturally as he led me away from the house.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“It’s a surprise!”


 

“This is ridiculous.”

 

“Am I really spending my weekend stalking people?”

 

“This wig is itchy!”

 

“Shut up! You’re being too loud”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter