Together

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heartbreak #5
 

September 4, 2013

 

“Happy one year anniversary babe.” Kai beamed at me. He was dressed in a crisp black button up shirt, black tie, and black pants. His hair styled upwards in his usual fashion.  He was definitely the most handsome guy I had ever seen in my life. He let out a low whistle as he scanned his eyes up and down my body. I had on a matching black skater dress and black heels, both bought by Kai.



 

“Wear this on our anniversary, okay?” He told me, handing the box to me. I looked at him skeptically but accepted the gift anyways.

 

“Knowing you,” he answered my unsaid question, “You will find some way to mess up the way I plan for us to match, so to make sure everything is perfect, I’m picking out your outfit as well.”

 

I glared at him and struck his arm, “You wanted to wear black, how can I mess that up? There is literally only one shade of black.”

 

He shrugged and grinned. I rolled my eyes and leaned over to peak him on the cheek. “Thank you.”

 

“Anything for my baby.”


 

“I’ve always knew you’d look good in black but damn!”

 

“I could say the same to you,” I blushed. I curled a piece of hair behind my ears and rocked back and forth of my heels nervously.

 

“These are for you!” Kai pulled out a bouquet of flowers behind his back, a dozen red roses.

 

I reached out and took them from him, lifting them up to my face for a smell. The smell was nauseatingly sweet. My lips curled up in a small smile as I thanked him. I ran back inside quickly to put the flowers in a vase of water.

 

After grabbing my clutch and locking the door I slipped my arm into Kai’s and we set off to whatever adventure he had set up for us.

 

“What is this Kim Jongin?” I crossed my arms as I stared at the flamboyant vehicle in front of me.

 

“Isn’t she beautiful?” Kai cried, “Her name is Cherry.” I gaped at the bright red two seat convertible.

 

“Mom and Dad finally bought it for me!” Kai explained giddly, “They said I’ve been really responsible lately.” I nodded as I continued to admire the car in front of me.

 

“Well, don’t just stand there, get in!” Kai opened the passenger door for me and pushed me in. I shot him a glare as I almost stumbled due to my high heels. Ignoring me, he closed the door shut and ran over to the driver’s seat.

 

“Aren’t we a little overdressed?” I mumbled, tugging on the ends of my short dress. I turned over and was met by Kai’s perfect side profile. I sighed dreamily as I admired my boyfriend’s perfect face.

 

His lips twitched into a smile, “Done checking out your hot boyfriend?” I scoffed and turned away.

 

“Where are we even going?”

 

“Why do you always ask things you know I won’t answer?”  



 

“No way.”

 

“Yes.”

 

I looked around in shock as I stared at the scenery before me. A beautifully set up table adorn with candles and flower petals sat in the middle the clearing, trees from the side bent over, providing shade and shelter. Along the trees was a line of bright lights all around us. Soft music played from a boombox in the corner, setting the mood.

 

I brought my hands up to my face as I looked around in awe.

 

“Did you really do all of this?”

 

Kai scratched the back of his neck, “I had some help with the lights and the cooking from my mom.”

 

“It’s lovely.” I smiled. Kai offered me his hand, which I gladly took and led me towards the table.

 

“What’s on the menu for tonight?”

 

“Your favorite, Italian food.” He chuckled. My eyes lit up like a child as I excitedly waited for the meal.

 

After the delicious mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter