TROUBLE IS COMING

ROOFTOP LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#SM’s Cafeteria

 

Kris, Tao and Kyungsoo in-charge for buying food for their member who waiting them at dance practice room. Kris supposed to be eyeing them, Tao and Kyungsoo do their punishment for their previous game. They were betting for not sleeping in flight during their way to Korea from China. But Kyungsoo and Tao fall asleep.

“What would Umin hyung like to eat?”, Kyungsoo mumbled as he looking at the food. Tao put a slice of Kimbap into his mouth and munching it slowly so that Kris didn’t realizes what he doing.

“I don’t know.. Just take anything..”, Tao said with his full mouth. Kyungsoo turned look at him and chuckles when saw Tao’s cheeks got bigger.

“Yah.. Are you..”, he about to ask but Tao gesturing him to keep quiet. Kyungsoo turned look at Kris who sitting while watching them from afar. “Oh, Kris is coming..”, Kyungsoo said as he look at Tao.

Tao swallowing his food in mouth. Kyungsoo chuckles and shook his head. SMACK! Tao startled when someone smack his back head. “Ah!”, he whined in pain and turned. It’s Kris.

“Are you stealing food again?!”, Kris questioned.

“I’m not!”, Tao said and rubbing his back head. “It’s hurt..”, he whined. Kris glare at him. “Stop disturbing us.. Go to your seat!”, Tao said, frustrated.

“What if I don’t want? What if you stealing food again?”, Kris said. Kyungsoo just giggling.

“I said, I’m not! Geez..”, Tao said.

“Stop lying, Huang Zi Tao..”, Kris said and look away. His attention caught someone being dragging by his senior, Donghae. Kris frowned. “Is that..”, he mumbled.

“Oh.. How did you know I’m lying? Okay.. I just take a little bite..”, Tao admit. But Kris didn’t pay attention to him anymore. “I’m sorry, okay.. I’m hungry here!”, Tao nagged.

“Are you think that only you who hungry here..?”, Kyungsoo questioned. Tao look at him.

“You too?”, Tao asked.

“Of course!”, Kyungsoo answered.

“So..you should eat too.. Who care about them?”, Tao said. Kyungsoo look at him, more like glare at him with his round eyes.

“I’m not like you..”, Kyungsoo replied. Tao roll his eyes, annoyed. They turned look at Kris but his not there. “Oh..”, Kyungsoo look at Tao.

“Where did he go?”, Tao asked Kyungsoo.

 

Kris followed where Donghae drag Jessica, to the back of the building. Since there is only door there, Kris standing there for a long time. Hesitate to come out and disturb them. “What if.. They have something to discuss?”, Kris mumbled. His hand hold the door-knob, firmly.

“What if..they want to be alone?”, he questioned himself. But seeing Jessica’s expression just now, make he worried. She look unpleased being dragged.

“What should I do?”, he monologued.

“Oppa! Let me go!”,

Kris’s heard thumping hard when heard Jessica’s voice. His eyes wander, as his curious to know about what exactly happen behind the door.

“You can’t treat me like this! Hee Chul hyung will get mad at you when he know about this!!”,

“I don’t care!!”,

He can’t take this anymore, his hands turned the door-knob and swing it open. He step out and saw Donghae being harsh on Jessica. He hold her shoulder and pinned her against the wall. What worse, she is crying and trembling.

“What’s going on here?”, he asked.

Both Donghae and Jessica turned look at him. Jessica hung low her head and shook it slowly while Donghae meet eyes with Kris. They glare intensely. Donghae let go of Jessica and turned facing Kris.

“What are you doing here?”, Donghae questioned. Kris divert his attention to Jessica who avoid his eyes.

“Jessica-sunbae.. Are you okay?”, Kris asked. But Jessica not even look at him. Donghae scoffs when Kris ignoring him.

“I’m talking to you here! Are you listen to me?!”, Donghae scolds. Kris look at him. Actually, his heart hurt when saw how he treat Jessica but Donghae is his senior too.

“I’m sorry but you shouldn’t treat woman like that..”, Kris said.

“So what? What is your relation with her that make you so brave to told me that? Huh?!”, Donghae questioned but got cut off by Jessica.

“Enough..”, she said. Donghae and Kris look at her. Jessica wipe off her tears and inhaled a deep breath. “Kris..you should get back inside..”, Jessica said. Kris frowned.

“But-”,

“I said go back inside..”, Jessica said as both of them look each other eyes. Kris nod his head but still worry about her.

“Oppa..come with me..”, Jessica said to Donghae and walk away. Donghae look at Kris before following Jessica to her car. Kris just standing there, watching them. He don’t know what Jessica thinking, but he meant to help her.

 

Donghae get into Jessica’s car after Jessica. Donghae shut the door and look at Jessica who holding the steering wheel, firmly. “What is your relation with that new rookie?”, Donghae asked.

“None of your concern..”, Jessica said and turned her head look at Kris who still standing there, look at them.

“So, now you want we discuss here? In your car?”, Donghae asked.

“No..”, Jessica said and turned look at Donghae. “Wear your seat-belt. We will going somewhere else..”, she added as she pull the hand-brake and reverse her car. Donghae starled when Jessica reverse dangerously. He not even wear his seat-belt yet.

“Sica.. Be careful!”, Donghae scolds as he buckle up his seat-belt. But Jessica ignoring him and drive her car, leaving the company.

 

Silence. Jessica drove her car in silence. Donghae turned look at Jessica as he thought that Jessica already grow up as beautiful woman. He know her for 12 years, she changes. From boyish and shy girl to feminine and mystery woman. No one know what is she thinking right now. Even himself.

“Stop making hole on my head, can you?”, Jessica said as she realizes that Donghae had been staring at her. Donghae blinks and look away. He let out awkward chuckles. How can Jessica being cold to him like their first meet.

“What are you looking at newbie?! Stop making hole on my face!”

He took a short glances at Jessica again, she not even look at him. “Sica.. Are you still going to the rooftop?”, he asked with his low tone voice. But Jessica ignore him and stay focus on road.

Donghae look away and smiling. Even Jessica being cold with him, he happy for have a time with Jessica like this. “I don’t know that you manage to buy a car..”, Donghae speak out of silence. But Jessica, still ignoring him.

 

After a long ride, Jessica ended with parked her car at the side road. Donghae look at the beach not far from them. Frowned. “What are we doing here?”, he ask Jessica who buckle off her seat-belt and getting out from her car. Donghae just staring at Jessica, walking to the beach. Donghae getting out from Jessica’s car and look around.

“What is this place?”, he wonder but still look familiar to him. Donghae look at Jessica. He shut the door and approaching Jessica.

“Sica..”, Donghae called.

Jessica shut her eyes, feel the breeze brushes her exposed skin, calming her nerves. Donghae staring at Jessica, her hair that waves softly, her pink lips, her eyes. He miss her alot. Jessica open her eyes and turned look at Donghae.

“Bada..”, she mumbles, her voice so calm. ‘Bada’ mean Sea. Since Donghae’s name is same with one of the sea’s name, Jessica used to by calling Donghae, ‘bada’ as ‘Donghae Sea’.

Donghae just look at her. “Do you know where we are right now?”, she asked.

“I..don’t know. But it seems look familiar to me..”, Donghae answered. Jessica smile as she let out heavy sighs.

“I know right. If you want to know.. I will reminds you about this sea..”, she said. Donghae staring at her.

“We used to having family vacation here.. With SM family. Remember?”, she asked as she turned look at Donghae. He blinks and start calling that day. “I bet you forgot about where you confessed your feelings towards me for the first time..”, she added.

Donghae look around him, the road, the sand and the sea. They used to parked their cars on the side road, playing volleyball and some dash competition. Campfire at night, all trainee sit around the fire and sleep in the tent. He recalled everything. He smile.

“And you rejected me..”, Donghae added. Jessica let out chuckles and nod her head, admiting that. “I remember when you always teasing me with calling me ‘bada’. ‘Pabo bada’..”, Donghae said as both of them chuckles remind about their past.

“But why?”, Donghae asked. Jessica look at him. “Why you bring me here?”, he asked again.

“After I choose to broke up with you to focus on my own career,..”, she begin. She really want to talk about this with Donghae since long time ago. But she doesn’t have time. And Kris, he saw everything what he shouldn’t see or know about it. That’s why, she decide to go this place and be alone with Donghae, without no one know about them. “Honestly, I regret that so much..”, she added.

Donghae remember that time, he know Jessica regret her choices for broke up with him when she trying to win his heart again. But, he is the one who didn’t accept her back.

“I want to be back with you.. Be your lover. But it’s look like you already someone else..”, she said, refer to Yoona, her groupmate and dongsaeng. Donghae hung low his head. “But when I thinking about it again, I’m right..”.

“What do you mean?”, Donghae asked.

“Oppa.. I saw and know everything. You always have your eyes on Yoona whenever she is around and searching for her when you didn’t saw her. Both of you go having lunch and dinner together even though you said that you go with her as friend, as dongsaeng or as hoobae.. But this is my instinct, I know that you have feelings with her..”, Jessica answered. Donghae totally taken aback. Everything what Jessica say is right.

The reason he refused to back to Jessica is he falling for Yoona. With Jessica broke up with him, that is the only chances he have to win Yoona’s heart. When Jessica know Donghae is in relationship with Yoona, she choose to accept the fact and get her own life.

“But I don’t blame you for falling in love with her. Who don’t, right? He is totally stupid if he don’t. She is beautiful, nice, funny and everyone’s ideal..”, said Jessica.

“Sica.. I’m really sorry..”, Donghae apologized.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter