HE IS DIFFERENT

ROOFTOP LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris staring blankly at his room ceiling. Meanwhile Lay and their manager, deep in sleep. They had to wake up early in the morning, for Showcase at China as scheduled. But Kris, still laying there with his eyes wide open. He can’t sleep, thinking of something.

“Did she already arrived at her dorm?”, he blurted and cupped his mouth, glances at their sleeping manager.

Kris let out relief sighs and get up from his bed, he walk out from their room and heading to kitchen. As he arrived at the kitchen counter, Kris startle when saw someone that he thought a ghost.

“You scared me!”, Kris scolds D.O who is in the kitchen. D.O only use his cellphone’s lightning in the dark.

“Really? Sorry, then..”, D.O said.

“You should switch on the light..”, Kris said as he switch on the kitchen lamp. D.O put his cellphone in his pocket.

“Can’t sleep?”, D.O ask and sit on the stool chair behind the kitchen counter. Kris let out heavy sighs and open the fridge.

“Yeah..something like that..”, Kris answered. D.O staring at Kris while thinking about something. He hesitate to ask about what exactly happen to him earlier at SM building.

“What about you?”, Kris asked.

“I’m nervous..”, D.O answered shortly. “I can’t sleep because of that..”, he added and chuckles.

“I know, right.. Me too..”, Kris said and drink his cold water.

“Can I ask you something?”, D.O asked, Kris glances at him and nod his head as ‘yes’. “What exactly happen to you at our dance practice room, earlier?”, he asked.

“Why do you want to know?”, Kris asked.

“Hyung, we are group. We should be caring to each other since we will be together is this path.. We are friends, right?”, D.O asked.

Kris glances at D.O again before decide to talk about it. “It’s about netizen’s comments..”, Kris said. D.O blinks his eyes, waiting for Kris to continue. “I just... I don’t know.. At first, I can’t accept what they said about me. It’s just..unfair for me. I’m human too.. This is me. There is nothing I can do if I had this type of voices..”, Kris start nagging.

“Deep voices, you mean?”, D.O asked.

“Yes.. They said something that hurt my feelings.. Meanwhile, they praised almost all of you, but not me..like, seriously? I’m EXO too. Can’t they appreciate my performance and talent? It’s not like I really want become a rapper in this group though. To be truth, I get into this company and get trained because I want to be an actor. I want acting and not singing! Because I know, my voice not suit when singing.. I can see this happen before debut.. And see, now.. It’s like nightmare become true..”, Kris said, he let out everything in his mind. D.O just being D.O. His round eyes still wide open, pay attention to what Kris want to say.

“What about now? You said earlier that ‘AT FIRST’, you can’t accept all of this.. What about now?”, D.O asked.

Kris staring blanky at the spoon holding infront of him while thinking about his moment with Jessica. “Now..”, Kris turned look at D.O who still looking at him. “..I will learn to accept it.. This is one of risk that we will face when entering entertainment industry, right..?”, Kris said, his voices calm.

“Plus, someone told me to...be confident of my voices..”, Kris added.

D.O smiling, in relief. “It’s good then.. Actually, there is comment about me too.. They said my face look like Moon Geunyeong-sshi..”, D.O said. Kris frowned as he look at D.O before chuckles.

“It’s true.. Your eyes, maybe..?”, Kris comment.

“I’m not! This is my eyes. My only eyes.. But it’s a honor, hehehe..”, D.O said. Both of them chuckles. Kris drink his water again – one-shot!

“So, hyung.. Where did you go after you walk out from our dance practice room?”, D.O asked.

“Why?”, Kris asked.

“Because we searching for you everywhere..but we didn’t found you.. Where did you go?”, D.O asked.

Kris remember what Jessica said to him, that ‘there is no one know about this place’. Kris raise his eyebrows and grinning. “Somewhere that only I know..”, Kris said.

D.O blinks. Kris washing the glass he used and wipe it with clean towel. “Somewhere that only you know?”, D.O asked. “Are you walk out from building, alone?”, D.O asked.

Kris put back the glass in the glass cabinet. “It’s secret..”, Kris said and walk out from the kitchen. “Good night! Sleep tight, Kyungsoo..”, he said and leave D.O alone in the kitchen.

“Hyung! Tell me! It’s dangerous to walk out alone!”, D.O shouts, whispering. But Kris ignoring him. “Wait, hyung! You said ‘someone’ told you to be confident with your voice? Who is he? Did you meet him?”, D.O asked, curious.

Kris walking to his bedroom that he share with Lay and their manager. “Somewhere that only I know~”, he mumbling, almost inaudible. “Somewhere that only we know..”, he change it and smiling afterwards.

 

The next morning, Lay wake up by their manager, told him to knocking s respective bedroom. He goes to Suho’s room at first so he is the one who wake up the others. After done with shower and get ready with their groggy face, the manager lead them to go downstairs and get into their van.

They must go early since they had to do practice before going to airport. In the first van, there is Suho, Lay, Kai, D.O, Chen and Chanyeol. The second van, Kris, Luhan, Xiumin, Sehun, Tao and Baekhyun. They heading to SM building at 5 am.

In the first van, everyone is sleeping except Suho who sit beside the driver seat. He just zoning out looking at the outside view. “I’m hungry..”, Kai whined with his eyes closed. Suho turned look at the back.

“Me too..”, Chen added. Their stomach growling.

“We will order chicken for you as soon as we arrive at SM building..”, Suho said. Kai nod his head and continue sleeping.

“Thank you..”, Chen said and sleep.

In the second van, Kris is the one who sit beside the driver seat. He choose to listening to the music in his cellphone. While the others is sleeping except Baekhyun who doing some warm-up with his voices at the back.

 

#SM building

 

EXO arrived at SM building. Both leader wake up their group members before getting out from the van. It’s lucky, there is no fans outside the building like always. All eyes swollen and sleepy face. Suho walk in first, follow by the other members and end with Kris.

“Like always, go to your practice room and practice your performance for today, understood?”, their manager asked.

“Yes..”, they answered in unison. With that, the other member get into the lift and go to third floor, meanwhile Suho stay with their manager. He told their manager to buy chicken and coffee for their breakfast.

Suho standing infront of the lift, waiting for the metal doors open. But it’s too late, Suho walk out from there and climbed up the stairs instead. At second floor, he met with SNSD’s Sunny and Yoona.

“Oh, Suho..”, Yoona called.

Suho raise his face and surprised. He hide his without make-up face from them. “Annyeonghasaeyo, sunbaenim..”, he greet and bowed.

“Annyeong~”, Sunny replied.

“What are you doing here? Do you have any schedule in the morning?”, Yoona asked.

“Ah, yes..”, Suho answered while covering his face. Sunny and Yoona chuckles seeing his condition.

“It’s okay, Suho.. There is nothing to hide.. You will be tired doing that because we will meet everyday without make-up here..”, Yoona said, the-matter-of-fact. But Suho still covering his face.

“What are you doing here, sunbae?”, Suho asked, it’s not good if he going leave them just like that without asking anything.

“Ah.. This is our second house, Suho-yah..”, Sunny said.

Suho chuckles. “We have group meeting.. Right now, Sunny unnie and me getting coffee for the other..”, Yoona said.

Suho nod his head. “Why don’t you asking for your manager??”, Suho asked, confused.

“Eyy~ Our manager have bad taste in choosing coffee for us..”, Sunny said. Yoona laughs and nod her head. Suho amazed, how can they talk like that about their manager? Is it okay??

“You better go to your members, they must be waiting for their leader..”, Yoona teased. Suho feel embarassed with that title. He bowed and climbed up the stairs. Yoona and Sunny climbed down the stairs and walk out from the building. They walking to the near cafe.

 

#In EXO dance practice room

 

Everybody is get ready to go to airport, after practicing for few hours, their manager told them to continue their rehearsal at their showcase location. They are getting their light make-up and individual practice while waiting for their manager. Kai is still eating his remaining chicken with Tao’s help.

Chen, Baekhyun, Luhan and D.O warm-up their throat. Sehun, Xiumin and Lay dancing in front of the mirror. Kris and Chanyeol talking near the window, their face look serious. Suho writing something on his paper. The door opened, all attention divert to their manager.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter