Chapter 2 - You're Crazy

A Complicated Regard

A/N: So I re-read my first chapter and yup, it was like a teaser after another teaser... Sheesh... Why do I feel like SM Entertainment???

 

 

Taehyung froze at the spot.

“You can see me?” the boy had said. And that sentence just sent that instant “zing” through his body.

 

“Haha,” Taehyung laughed nervously. “You’re funny.” But the boy in front of him wasn’t laughing with him, awkwardly or otherwise.

Taehyung noticed the seriousness on the stranger’s face. Feeling a sudden cold spot near him, he quickly opened the door and shut the boy out.

He was breathing heavily. And he had no idea why. He shook his head violently, that was such a stupid trick. Why did he even fall for it in the first place?

A few minutes passed. Taehyung continued to sit behind the front door, his back leaning on the wooden door. His heart seemed to calm down a little and those pesky little goose bumps on his hands disappeared.

It was a prank, right? Taehyung thought to himself. It was probably some bored kid trying to prank some people. Nothing more. Taehyung desperately wanted to believe it. That that fair skinned boy with the simple white button down shirt and black trousers was just playing a prank on him. But something in his heart didn’t seem to agree with that notion.

 

He heard a sudden click coming from the door and immediately moved aside.

 

“Tae-ah? What are you doing here?” his mother asked, seeing her very handsome son on the floor looking flustered and a little confused. She had some grocery bags in her hand which obviously meant that she went out shopping for dinner, probably. Taehyung stood up abruptly and yanked the door open only to see that there was no one outside besides his bewildered mother, who was now growing more puzzled by the minute.

“Are you alright, Taehyung?” she asked, walking past her son.

The said boy took some time to reply. “Uhhh. Yeah, I’m fine.” He was still standing near the door.

“Are you sure?” his mother asked from the kitchen. She was taking out the groceries from the paper bag in her hands and placing them properly on the shelves and in the fridge. “Mmm,” Taehyung simply replied and ran up to his room.

 

Only when he reached his room did the orange haired boy realize that he was still in his uniform and he still had his bag with him. He tossed his bag on the soft bed and ran his fingers through his perfectly luscious hair.

“I was merely daydreaming,” Taehyung said to himself and rubbed his eyes. He sat on the edge of his bed. But that was kind of weird, he thought. Why did it feel so real?

Realizing that he was probably sounding silly, he muddled up his hair. “Daydream, Taehyung. You were just day dreaming.”

 

 

Taehyung heard a soft voice in his sleep. It wasn’t his mother’s. And it definitely wasn’t his sister’s. The voice belonged to a male. Dad? No. It couldn’t be. His father’s voice was a little gruff and deep, just like his. But this voice was light, heavenly and it sounded unquestionably magical. It was husky and melodious at the same time.

Feeling a sudden cold spot, Taehyung’s eyes flickered until he finally had the strength to open them (very, very lazily). His vision was still unclear so he wasn’t sure of what he was looking at. But he knew he saw the silhouette of a person’s head above him. The light of the barely rising sun was blocked by whoever was above him, making Taehyung unable to see his face.

It was just a silhouette but Taehyung had this sudden feeling that the person hovering him was an attractive one (I mean, if the silhouette looked that good, then the real deal was bound to be better).

“Could you help me?” Taehyung heard the voice say. What? Who the hell would be asking for help in the break of dawn?

“Mmmmm,” Taehyung mumbled and rubbed his eyes. His vision slowly cleared and he saw, what anyone would think, the most wonderful yet frightening sight ever.

Well, wonderful because the boy above him was really, really attractive. And he was not exaggerating on the ‘really’. And frightening because, well, he had no idea who the boy was. He had never seen the face before.

Jumping up from his bed, he quickly scampered back to the wall, a scream threatening to leave his plump lips.

“No, wait,” the boy with the soft voice begged. “Don’t scream. You’ll wake the others.”

Taehyung’s mouth hung open, that scream still on the tip of his tongue.

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want to wake them. They’ll think you’re crazy,” the boy said, his hands shown fully to the disheveled boy with the strikingly orange hair.

The speaker slowly put down his hands and let out a sigh. “Look, I don’t like this any more than you, mister. But it seems like I’ve got no choice.”

Taehyung tried not to look so confused. But his wide eyes and saucer like eyes weren’t really helping him. “How’d you get in?” Taehyung stammered out, not forgetting to breathe occasionally.

The reddish haired boy sighed again as if to say ‘are you seriously asking me that?’. But Taehyung was serious. Very, very serious. Also, his brain wasn’t functioning properly at the sight of a stranger in his room, at what… five in the morning? Nope. Taehyung took a quick glance at the wall clock. It was friggen four fifteen a.m.

“I’m a ghost,” the boy simply said and stood up, placing his slim fingers on his equally lean waist. Taehyung noticed that the boy was wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

“Okay then, I’m a vampire,” Taehyung said, his voice filled with a truckload of sarcasm. The boy rolled his eyes and folded his arms as Taehyung continued to talk himself into believing that the boy before was nothing more than a thief, who managed to sneak in from the window or something.

“What do you want, you thief? And how’d you get in? I’m seriously gonna…” Taehyung was cut off when he saw his breathe fog up. That wasn’t supposed to happen. It was the middle of summer.

You see, Taehyung, as much as the genius that he is, was also a movie and anime buff. So he knew very well what the symptoms were to indicate a ghost, a werewolf, a vampire (no, they don’t sparkle) and others of the like. (Hoseok hyung and the others called it silly. Taehyung regarded it as a guilty pleasure thing). So when he felt that cold spot and the paleness of the boy’s skin and the fact that the boy was a little less opaque than a normal person, he knew that the boy was indeed telling the truth.

Judging from the orange haired boy’s expression, the ‘little-less-opaque’ male concluded that he had proved his point and that the handsome (did he seriously think that at a time like this?) male came to the point of believing him.

“What do you want from me?” Taehyung said, his voice becoming graver and more scared. “Relax,” the other said, “I’m not here to harm anyone. I just want your help.”

“To do what?” Taehyung asked growing more terrified by the second. He did not like where this was going one bit.

“Well, based on the movies that I’ve watched, I must have unfinished business which is probably why I can’t pass over. And you,” the fairer of the two turned to Taehyung. “You are the only one who can see me. Which means you’re the only one who can help me. Do you get it?”

Unfortunately, Taehyung got every part of it. In fact, he was making too much sense.

“Wait, wait,” Taehyung cut in the boy’s continuing speech. “But I have no idea who you are. Why am I the only one who can see you?”

By this time, the other stopped talking and looked at the taller. He sat down on the edge of the bed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I don’t understand that part too. I don’t think I’ve met you either.”

“Maybe it’s like those weird bonds where your similarities and such bring you together?” the slightly shorter male said. He was grasping at straws but hey, at least he was pitching in and not hanging his mouth loose like an idiot whenever the other spoke.

 

This was too much. Taehyung couldn’t hear what the boy before him was talking about because it was all nonsense. How could he be able to see a ghost? And come on, he loved learning about the supernatural but that didn’t mean that they existed. No way!

“Are you listening?” the boy in the uniform said, looking anxiously at Taehyung.

Taehyung closed his eyes. Slowly lifting his hand to his ears, he pushed his earlobes and shut everything out. “I’m just dreaming,”” he began to chant again. Taehyung could feel the disappointment and surprise coming out from the person (or perhaps illusion?) before him but he couldn’t care less. Well, more of he didn’t want to care.

He felt his body become a little colder but he dared not open his eyes. Then, in a sudden swoop, all the coldness disappeared. The hair on the back of his hands slowly lied back down and the goose bumps (again with the stupid goose bumps) disappeared. Taking the risk, Taehyung opened his tightly shut right eye to take a peek. The room was empty.

Taehyung finally let out that breath that he was holding and breathed easily.

See? He thought to himself. It was just a dream.

 

 

“Are you okay, babe?” Hoseok asked his boyfriend in the cafeteria. It wasn’t like Taehyung to get so easily startled so when this mere sentence sent a visible shock through his body, Hoseok realized that something was bothering him.

“Umm,” Taehyung said, blinking rapidly. “Yeah. I’m just a little… spooked,” he whispered the last word. “I’m sorry?” Hoseok asked. He didn’t quite get the last word as expected. “I’m fine, hyung,” Taehyung said, this time adding a reassuring smile on that incredibly handsome face.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of school…

“Yah, Min Yoongi! Give me back my book!” Jimin shouted at his hyung, whom he had no regard of by the way. Yoongi laughed and looked down on the short boy who was looking up at him because he was sitting on the branch of a somewhat high tree (DUH!).

“Come get it, shorty,” Yoongi teased, taunting the younger by swinging the notebook to and fro.

Jimin stomped his feet at the ground cutely. “You’re no shorter than me, Min Yoongi!” he shouted again. By now, a couple of students had gathered around them, taking in the amusing teasings.

“A centimeter makes a lot of a difference, Park Jiminnie,” Yoongi said before adding, “And it’s Suga hyung to you.”

“UGH!” Jimin grunted loudly. Just because some stupid girls gave him that stupid nickname because they thought that Yoongi’s smile was as sweet as friggen sugar! What the hell was that about anyway? Didn’t the girls know that Yoongi was a brat? Were those girls blind?

“Omo,” Yoongi continued to tease. “Could it be? You’ve finally turned into a pig?” Jimin rolled his eyes and scoffed. “Says the one who eats like one.”

 

 

“What the hell is going on?” The students scattered like ants to hear the school president’s voice. Jimin turned towards the voice to see his favorite hyung, Kim Namjoon walking towards them with his ‘bodyguard-slash-caretaker’, Seokjin, the vice president.

“Hyung,” Jimin whined. “Yoongi took my book and is threatening never to return it.”

Namjoon sighed. Not these two idiots again. He looked up to Yoongi, who sat smugly on the branch of the tree with a notebook in his hands.

“Yo, Suga hyung,” he called out. Yoongi turned towards the ivory haired president. “Come on. Just give the book back.”

Yoongi smirked and jumped down the tree, landing perfectly on the soft grass. Jimin rolled his eyes to see that smug gleam in the elder’s eyes. “Here you go kid,” Yoongi said and handed Jimin the book gingerly. “I just wanted to see how you’d react. Thanks for the entertaining reaction,” Yoongi said only to be cut off with an “I hate you” from the youngest. Yoongi shrugged his shoulders. “Like I give a ,” he replied and pocketed his hands and left the scene.

“Thanks so much, Namjoonie hyung,” Jimin bowed. Namjoon chuckled and told the boy that he was happy to help. “I promise I’ll treat you to ramyun one day,” Jimin said and ran away, thanking him again.

Seokjin, also known simply as Jin, gave his famous motherly smile to see the short boy run away. “What is it, hyung?” Namjoon asked, noticing the familiar smile. It was an adoring one, the same one he always gave when he was talking to his close ones (so, yes. Namjoon).

“Oh nothing,” Jin said in a sing song voice. “It’s just amusing that’s all.”

“What is?” Namjoon asked, turning towards the elder male beside him. Namjoon would never admit it but even though Jin was a little slow on things, Namjoon had this deep sort of admiration and respect for the hyung because, well for starters, everyone loved him and everyone listened to him even though he wasn’t strict at all. Also, there was the fact that he was extremely pretty, shaming most of the girls in the school. Wait what? Did he actually think that?

“YoonMin,” Jin said and giggled. Why did the giggle sound so natural and heavenly?

“Jin hyung,” Namjoon raised an eyebrow amusedly. “Don’t tell me that’s a mixture of Yoongi hyung and Jimin’s name? And don’t tell me you actually ship them.”

“What?” Jin pouted innocently. “Everyone’s talking about it. Besides, they look so cute together. They’re both short and adorable and…” Namjoon chuckled. “Yeah, don’t let either one of them hear this. They’ll skin you alive. And that’ll be just the beginning.”

“I’m just saying. They’re cute together. They could very well be the next Tae-seok.”

Namjoon cringed. “That sounds weird.” Jin agreed almost immediately. “Yeah,” he replied, “Man, the people need to come up with a good couple name for Hoseok and Taehyung.”

“Don’t count on YoonMin, hyung. I don’t see that happening,” Namjoon said, smiling that handsome, lady killer smile of his. Jin hid his sudden nervousness perfectly behind his smiling face. “Oh, just you wait, my dongsaeng president.”

 

 

 

Taehyung closed the door behind him and walked up the stairs to his room. He was so tired that he could just fall asleep at the spot. Why was he feeling so tired though? Wasn’t everything perfectly normal during school? He didn’t remember running around school or doing anything exhausting, for that matter.

He flopped himself to his bed and closed his eyes. His arms flung to either sides and he breathed out a deep sigh. Finally! He could relax.

 

 

“You were rude this morning, weren’t you?” Taehyung heard an all too familiar voice say.

Taehyung was too tired to jump up in shock to hear the voice from his empty room. So he groaned.

 

 

A/N: Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote, maybe???

And please expect cliffhangers (coz I'm bored) [Or not]