Chapter 8

He has everything. She had nothing.

Minna been rushed to an emergency room. She suddenly fainted during the breakfast before going to school.Everyone wait outsied the Emergency room. After 2 years Minna having that surgery and now it seems to happens again.

After an hour, Dr. Lee walk out from the emergency room and meet them.

"What happens to my daughter?"

"I think the cancer spreads again."

"What? I though the cancer have been removed before."

"Unfortunately, it happens again."

"So, what should we do now?"

"Lucky that it's still in early stage. We have to go to through the same procedure again. Let me know when you are ready to do so."

"But, the fees..."

"I'm sorry, the fees might not be the same like before..."

Mother and Father look at each other. 2 years ago, they have to sold their land and mortgage the house that they stay now. But, now there is nothing left for them to sold. The cost is to high for the surgery and treatment for Minna,

***

Minna walks to the cupboard and get her clothes.

"Where are you going, Minna-ah? You are still not feeling well."

"Unnie, today we have class right?"

"Minna-ah..."

"Unnie, I'm fine. Look at me, I don't look like someone that sick right? Why should we waste money to stay in the hospital."

"Mom and Dad will be here soon. Don't make them upset to see you like this, okay."

Minna stops buttoning her blouse and turns to look at Jinna.

"It's because I don't want them to be upset, that's why I have to show them that I'm okay, Unnie."

"...why I have to be sick again, Unnie? I should have just die 2 years ago so that Mom and Dad will not suffering because of me."

"What are you talking, Minna-ah?"

"You don't know how I feel. I feel heavy inside everytime I look at Mom and Dad. Do you think I don't know why we have to move out from our house? It's because Mom and Dad sold the house so that they can paid for my surgery. Am I right?"

"Minna-ah..."

"Unnie...I don't want to do the surgery this time."

"Minna-ah, what are you talking about?"

"I don't want to make Mom and Dad suffer anymore. I'm okay. I don't mind to die if that is my fate."

"Minna-ah!!"

"Don't force me, Unnie. If not, I will run away from you, Mom and Dad. If I have 1 year to live then let it be. Let's just live happily for that 1 year, Unnie."

Jinna speechless. There is no words that can comfort Minna. She knows Minna better than anyone. Jinna always asks herself what if she is the one who falls sick and not Minna. Will she let Mom and Dad suffer as well in order to make her stay alive?

Jinna just watch Minna walk out from the ward room.