The Easy Way: Mr. Bobby

Second Wishes

It was one of those things that people couldn’t understand, one of those relationships that shouldn’t work, one of those things where people didn’t need to understand, and where the relationship works anyways. That’s Bobby and I. I study hard and focus on my school work, Bobby does not. Bobby dances and raps, he can be clever with words, I’m not. Bobby is teasing and adventurous, I’m shy and scared to try anything new. Bobby and I shouldn’t work out as well as we do, but honestly, I don’t mind.

 

I stare at Bobby hesitantly, he’s smirking at me and giving me his signature eye-smile, the exact one he knows I have a hard time resisting. “Bobby, what exactly are you doing here?” I ask unsure, people are starting to gather around us, mostly because well, Bobby is rather recognizable. I let out a tired sigh, it was another thing I don’t like about liking him, the attention that comes with the relationship, the whispers and the stares people always gives us when Bobby visits me at school or takes me out.

“Jinhwa,” Bobby states affectionately and with his usual confidence. “I’m here to kidnap you, we can do this the easy way or I can take you out of here kicking and screaming.” He says grinning. I know he would. I could tell him that me being in my next class determines whether I pass or fail and Bobby would take me away.

“Well then, by all means, let’s do this the easy way.” I say deciding against fighting it, after all I’m not really in the mood to be here, and I being present won’t change much, after all today isn’t exactly going to change everything for me.

I step forward, much to Bobby’s surprise, “What?” He asks stunned, the surprised look on his face well worth this. “Jinhwa?” He questions as I lead us out and away from the gathering crowd of students.

Looking over my shoulder I smile at him. “I thought you were kidnapping me, kicking and screaming or not.” I tease as I walk on.

Bobby catches up quickly a rather pleased smile on his face as he does so. “You are still full of surprises, I thought I was going to have to get on my knees and beg for you to take the day off with me.” Bobby says chuckling. “I usually have to do something like that to get you to even take a study break.”

“Well,” I say letting out a rather refreshing breath, “I’m tired and you’re cute.” I state confidently as Bobby takes my hand. I ignore the possibilities of getting in trouble, I focus on Bobby, as said, he’s cute and I’m tired of the everyday. “So what do you have planned for the day?” I ask curiously.

Bobby simply gives me a smile. “It’s just a bit of fun, after all Mr. Yang has been working the guys and me rather hard since the results. Well, we’ve been pushing ourselves too.” Bobby says, his smile never falters; instead he looks even more determined.

Bobby and I walk for a few minutes and I quickly realize where we’re going. “The arcade where we met?” I ask excitedly.

“Of course,” My boyfriend says proudly of the choice. “We’ve been busy; I’ve missed hanging out with you.” Bobby confesses.

I blush and bit my lip slightly. I like this part of our relationship; I like this part of liking Bobby. I like how special I feel, I like that it’s me and Bobby. “I’ve missed you.” I whisper shyly, I say it again more confidently like Bobby. “I’ve missed you a lot.”

Bobby walks a bit slower than his usual pace; he swings our hands slightly and looks around happily. “I know people say a lot of stuff to you, about us noting being good together.” He sounds worried about it, like I listen to the words said.

“They’re wrong,” I say going on for him. “I think it’s good that we’re not exactly perfect for each other that we don’t mimic each other completely.”

“I think the same thing,” Bobby says rather pleased. We never talk about it; it’s just something we’ve always understood. “I try to look into things that you tell me about, to learn about them so we can talk about them, like how you ask me or the guys about music.”

I smile, knowing that we’re both working for what we have. “I didn’t know that,” I whisper as we come up to the arcade, walking in I follow Bobby to his favorite game. “I guess we really aren’t taking the easy way.” Bobby just sends me a cheeky grin, obviously having come to this conclusion a while ago.

I let him have the moment; one of the few rare times that Bobby has figured something out before me, even if I think we’ve both thought this to ourselves since we met. Nothing is easy when it comes to him and me, things don’t quite add up or make a lot of sense, but at the same time I don’t need them to, at least not with us. 


My dear Left, I am sorry this took me so long to write.
I hope you like this. ^^