Start Walking: Mr. Yoongi/Suga

Second Wishes

I watch Yoongi as he performs, I’m not at the show, I stopped going to them. It isn’t that he’s changed, or how he’s changed, but perhaps how I’ve changed. We’ve known each other since we were little kids, but now it seems that we’re strangers who don’t even share the same childhood memories. That pains me, to think that my best friend, well used to be best friend, has forgotten who I am when he said nothing could make him forget.

It’d been little things at first, promises to hang out, meeting at which place for dinner, coffee breaks, and just talking. It quickly escalated. Yoongi forgot my birthday, our plans for my birthday, plans for his birthday, and I suppose altogether he forgot about me.

I stare up at the screen I happened to pass by, the one showing him rapping at some music show; I realize painfully that Yoongi isn’t him to me anymore, he’s Suga. I’m not Jihyun to him; I’m just a face he used to know. I adjust my jacket sparing one last glance to the screen and walk away, though the pain I’ve felt for weeks has plagued me, I feel a sense of relief flood by body, the heavy weight lifted and walking away from the had-been friendship good for my troubled thoughts.


Just a quick little drabble ^^