A Fool's Wish: Mr. Yoongi

Second Wishes

As I read the last page of the book in my hand I let out a sad sigh. It wasn’t what I’d expected, while I love books, it’s the endings I don’t always agree with. Particularly this one, when the fool, Yoongi, makes his final wish he’s only killed off seconds later for that wish to come true, because the person he made the wish for didn’t want him around. It’s heartbreaking, he spends the entire book trying to win the affections of a girl and still in the end knowing that he won’t be the one to make her happy, he makes his final wish so that in that instance she is happy.

“You know, I agree with you,” A voice says suddenly, looking up I see a boy sitting on the ground in front of me. “The ending is terrible. I mean, why would I waste my life for a selfish girl like Eunmi?”

I stare at the boy, and he stares back simply waiting for me to say something, to say anything. “This isn’t real.” I mutter under my breath, it couldn’t be. People do not just come out of books. People do not come out of books promising strange things. I keep trying to find a rational explanation to this; I mean surely he just had been here before I got here.

“I’m Min Yoongi.” Said person says after a while, grinning at me rather happily. “Where are we?” He asks curiously, as though we came in this place together and he has simply forgotten the name of the book store.

“Antique Books,” I say slowly still staring at the boy. It isn’t possible, I’m blocking off the only way into this isle, and it’s the wall, Yoongi and then me. I am absolutely positive that no one else was here; this of course blows my first and only theory out the window. “I’m Nana,” I say slowly.

“Right, so Nana, where do you want to go from here?” He asks curiously, happily watching me from his seat on the ground. “I’m feeling kind of hungry, how about we grab something to eat?” He asks rather energetically.

I frown at him lumping us together, as though we came into this store together, as though we’re friends. “I don’t know you.” I say frowning even more. “I’ve never met you, and I have no idea where you came from.” I continue, putting the forgotten book in my hand back on the shelf, turning around abruptly and attempting to exit without this sketchy Yoongi character.

As I leave the store, making a quick exit towards my right, my mind still puzzled by the boy. While Yoongi is attractive, his voice sweet, and the fact that I more or less met him in a bookstore is fantastic, I’m not good with people, especially ones that just claim a place in your life uninvited. “Wait, Nana,” Yoongi calls from behind me, I make an abrupt turn into an ally, following through until I come out on the other side of the block. “Gosh, you’re hard to follow.” Yoongi says while grabbing my hand.

I let out a surprised scream, quickly clamping my over my mouth. “What are you doing?!” I ask him haughtily after he chuckles at me. “I don’t even know where you came from!” I say harshly trying to keep my head.

Yoongi gives me a puzzled look, his amused one fading quickly. “You were reading my book,” He says confusedly. “I’m from A Fool’s Wish. I’m the fool.” He says this like it should make sense, like it clears everything up. “The book you had in your hand back at the store.”

I shake my head trying to make sense of it. This guy can’t be serious, I mean, he came from some book? Instead of holding a conversation, I opt to walk away, until I feel Yoongi’s hand still latched on to mine. “What do you want from me?” I ask quietly wanting nothing more than to get away.

Yoongi is silent for a moment. “I’ve gone through my story over and over, the ending has never changed, and most people think it was a super romantic thing to do. To sacrifice my life, even if I didn’t need to, for Eunmi, what kind of life is that?” Yoongi asks a bit harshly, not to me, but seemingly to the rest of the world. “You’re one of the few people to think that way! I want you to help me change my story. I don’t want to go back to endlessly being in a never-will-be love story.” He says seriously.

I turn back to look at Yoongi, the words said imbedding themselves into me. I can’t imagine how tragic it must be, endlessly living the same story over and over again. “You really came out of that book?” I ask hesitantly, still not entirely sure I believe that an actually book character is holding my hand.

“I really came out of that book.” Yoongi says seriously. I glance up at his face, startled by how serious he looks, the way his eyes are staring at me, not in forceful way, but rather in a pleading way. He wants me to believe him. “Nana let me come with you.” He says simply and quietly. “Help me change our stories.” Yoongi says finally. I nod my head slowly, letting Yoongi hold my hand as I lead us to someplace to eat.


I'm sorry I attempted to do a mystery kind of thing,
but it didn't really work out too well. OTL
I'll work on that, but as far as fantasy I hope you like it!
Thank you so much for requesting~! ^^