Just Friends: Mr. Baekhyun

Second Wishes

I stare at both boys nervously, having just talked to Kai about being just friends; I’m now facing two rather eager boys who what to know where I stand with each of them. I glance to Chanyeol and then back to Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol,” I say slowly, I can sense both boys tensing considerably. “I’m sorry.” I say softly trying to find the right words.

Chanyeol stands before I can say anything else though, sending me and Baekhyun a forced smile. “It’s okay, I kind of butted in.” Chanyeol says simply while patting Baekhyun’s shoulder and then sending me a genuine smile. “You both better take care otherwise Kai and I will kick your butts.” He says jokingly.

Baekhyun looks back at me from Chanyeol and smiles. “Come on, let’s go for a walk.” Baekhyun says standing up from his side of the table, walking around he takes my hand and leads me around campus. “There are a lot of things I want to do.” He says slowly, glancing at me he lets out a happy little sigh.

I chuckle letting him lead us towards the little café on campus, “Like what?” I ask curiously, the feeling radiating from Baekhyun holding my hand flying through my entire body.

“Like I want to take you out on lots of dates, I want to sing you songs, make you laugh, find out what makes you giggle a little bit, go on walks on Saturdays, have study dates, things like that.” Baekhyun says grinning at me. “I know, cheesy.”

“Sweet too,” I agree smiling. “I’m fairly certain we can do all of those things.” I tell him as we get in line. “We have a while before you graduate anyways.” I say simply deciding to live in the present, after all if either of us thinks too hard about the future it’ll only make us anxious and tense.

 

~~~

 

Falling on the couch I look at the numerous boxes that Baekhyun and I need to unpack. “You know we’re supposed to be unpacking.” Baekhyun says setting a box down, smirking at me as I happily ignore said statement and contently look around the room. “Jihyo, I am fully aware that today is Sunday.” He says chuckling, walking over to me and taking a seat. “But, we do need to get our apartment all set up.”

“You just like saying our,” I say giggling slightly, I take Baekhyun’s hand into my own and look around, boxes piled all over the place. “It’s a lot of stuff.”

“Someone refused to get rid of some things.” Baekhyun teases me. “Though once we unpack and everything has its own place it’ll be fine.” He says letting out a sigh. “Jihyo, we need to get at least our bedroom unpacked.”

“That still makes me nervous.” I say quietly, blushing at the thought of sharing a room with Baekhyun. We’ve talked about moving in once I came back from London. We’d decided if we were still dating by the time I graduated, and we were at the right place we would.

“If this doesn’t work, we’ll convert another room into a bedroom.” Baekhyun say softly. “Jihyo, it’ll be fine.” He promises me gently, his voice soft and soothing. “But we won’t know until everything is unpacked.

I roll my eyes as I get up. “I get it, Mr. Naggy.” I tease smirking as I head back towards our bedroom, Baekhyun trailing me. “I call dibs on the right side of the bed.” I tell him as I enter the threshold of the room. The furniture is already set up, dresses, bed and bedside tables; the shared closet, and a bathroom all waiting to be set up.

“I’ll get the bathroom done first, then the bed.” I compromise walking over towards said room. “Can you get all your clothes in the closet first?” I ask while turning around, finding Baekhyun extremely close. “Yes?” I say surprised by his proximity.

Said man smiles at me, leaning in to peck my lips lightly, “I love you,” He mumbles against them before pulling me into a hug.

I chuckle nuzzling into his arms. “I love you too.” I whisper. “Though we have to unpack,” I as I pull away winking at him as I’m pulled back into his arms. “I thought you wanted me to unpack.” I say giggling as his hands brush up my sides.

“I do, just together.” Baekhyun mutters while kissing my cheek. “Come on, let’s set up the closet, then the bed.”

I let Baekhyun lead me out of the bathroom, and to our boxes of clothes. When I’m released I head toward my box, opening and unpacking them into their proper places. For a while the pair of us are focused and working on getting the room set up. Taking a break once the room is mostly set up. “So we’re going to get dinner soon right?” I ask as we sit on the floor by our bed. “Then sleep?” I ask hopefully.

“Food then sleep,” Baekhyun promises. “You know what I just thought about?” He asks randomly, when I shake my head and look at him curiously Baek smiles. “High school, we’re all graduated now. Kris and Miyoung are married; the guys are all either dating or engaged. We’re not kids anymore.” He says while holding my hand contently.

“Well it isn’t like we’re old yet either.” I comment happily. “It’ll be Suho’s birthday next week too. Did you wrap our gift?” I ask him worriedly.

“Yes, I did.” Baekhyun say happily. “He’ll love it.” He mutters pleased with the thought no doubt of hanging him the gift.

I think back to when Baekhyun and I first met, started dating, him graduating, the huge fight we had about whether we should or shouldn’t have broken up, breaking up for almost a year before dating again, promising to move in together till now. “I’m glad you came back,” I say feeling a bit drowsy from unpacking and moving all day. “When Sehun, Tao, Kai, and I graduated.” I say clarifying my statement.

I hear Baekhyun’s delightful chuckle. “I wanted to see you again, it didn’t seem quite right not talking to you. I wanted to at least be friends.” He says softly. “Even if being just friends would have been hell.” He says seriously. And I nod my head agreeing with that, being just friends with Baekhyun wouldn’t have been easy, but would have been worth it to keep him in my life.



Another alternate ending to my fanfic Just Friends
Sort of just a she picked him and then a montage to the future of what it would be like.
I hope you enjoy~!
^^
Thank you for requesting!