Falling Apart: Mr. Nichkhun

Second Wishes

I frown as Nichkhun sits down, late and on the phone. “Yeah, I know, it sounds like fun, but not really my thing.” He says calmly. “I got to go, bye.” He flashes me the usual apologetic smile. “You didn’t have to wait for me.”

Sighing I shake my head at him. “I didn’t, I already ate.” I explain as I stand. “You however can enjoy the same company I did.” I say calmly as I walk away from the table. This, however, is hardly new. It isn’t the first time Nichkhun has showed up late or missed a date. Nor is this the first time I’ve left him to eat alone just like this.

Honestly speaking, I’m not hundred percent sure why we’re still doing this. Why we’re still obviously making up excuses to put off what should be done. It isn’t like we’d be killing anyone by doing it, by ending what has obviously reached the end. We might actually end up being happier than circling what should be done.

Though there are brief moments when things were like the beginning. When everything was fresh, new, unexplored, and a time when we both tried; more than anything, I miss those days.

While times like tonight are a more common occurrence, there are little moments that somehow seem to outweigh either one of us forgetting a date, showing up late, or even us fighting. Little windows of us being in love still, though perhaps these rare moments won’t outweigh the other ones for long.

By the time I’m outside and in a cab I’ve received a few texts from Nichkhun, none of which I am interested in reading at the moment. It isn’t until I’m lying on my bed in my pajamas comfortably that I decide to read the messages hours later.

 

I’ll make it up to you, I promise.

We’ll work things out, I know it.

I love you.

Tomorrow, you, me, dinner, my place, I’ll cook for you.

For a moment I just stare at my phone, I wonder if he really can. Could Nichkhun really make it all up to me? What about me though, could I make up all the fights, wasted time, could I give all that back to Nichkhun so that we wouldn't have that anymore? Perhaps we could save our relationship, maybe we could finally make peace with each other, maybe we could have a happy ending.

~~~

I glance at the table, the food Nichkhun prepared for us, and then to the man sitting down glancing to his phone anxiously. “I can’t do this anymore.” I say, letting out a long breath. I stare at Nichkhun sitting calmly. “I’m not doing this anymore.” Getting up I glance over at the calm and collected Nichkhun. We've hardly said a word to each other since I arrived. This dinner that was supposed to make up for last night isn't much better, maybe it isn't even better. He doesn’t say anything as I walk away. Part of me really wanted to be wrong. I wanted Nichkhun to break that apathetic streak, but some things are too much to ask for. And while a part of me wanted that, all of me knew he wouldn’t. I’m not surprised in the least.

The fact is we burnt up and all that was left were the ashes. We aren’t phoenixes; we didn’t come back to life and in the end, we didn’t end up together, we fell apart. Just because its true love doesn’t mean you end up together or happy. It can be true love, but it doesn’t mean you stay together. It can mean you grow apart, that you hurt each other, that the fall can shatter everything that you built up together. It can mean you lose the one person you thought would never walk away from you. In the end it can mean that the relationship and the person aren’t worth the pain you’d have to endure to be together. In the end it could mean falling apart.



Recently I've had the urge to write a story where there isn't a happy ending.
There isn't any possible way to recover what was lost.

This is the result. I hope you guys don't mind this unhappy little drabble.
Anyways, I am accpecting requests again!