Just Friends: Mr. Jongin

Second Wishes

As I step out of the car I grin at Jongin, “There’s my favorite girl!” He cheers pulling me into a hug. “How was England?” He asks eagerly. “Was your flight alright? Was there a lot of turbulence? Did they serve you gross peanuts?”  He bombards me while hugging me tightly.

I giggle while shaking my head, “You’ve turned into such a worry wart Jongin.” I as I wrap my arms around him tightly. “And no, I didn’t get sketchy peanuts, there really wasn’t any turbulence, and my flight was just fine.” I say answering all his questions, knowing he’d just ask them all again and again until I answer. “I did however, miss you.” I say kissing his cheek affectionately.

“As it should be,” He mutters pulling away only to kiss my forehead before hugging me again. “I can’t believe you’re finally back!” Jongin cheers happily. “I’ve missed you so much Jihyo.”

“As you should,” I joke back as we finally pull apart; Jongin takes my hand, happily leading us back to the car to grab my luggage, then insisting on rolling it himself. “How was your first year at K-ARTS?” I ask curiously. Jongin, Sehun and Lay now all attend the same university; Lay transferred after his first year at the affiliate school. Well everyone did, everyone transferred to various schools here in Seoul.

“Pretty great,” Jongin says excitedly. “I’m in the Dance Performance Department, Lay-Hyung and Sehun are in there too.” He explains happily as we enter the apartment complex. “We got to perform in a ton of shows, I’ve learned a lot too.”

“Sounds like you had a rather stellar year.” I say happily. I’m struck by how much has changed. After that first year of high school, with a handful of our friends graduating, and with Chanyeol focusing more on his music we broke up after about a year, a month or so after he graduated. “Have you heard from Tao lately?” I ask curiously trying to get updated on everyone has been.

“Yeah, he’s staying with Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, we’ll see them tomorrow.” Jongin reassures me. “Sehun will be back from visiting his family tomorrow as well.”

Again the changes stick out to me, Jongin and I started dating during our third year, making it now about two years since we left being just friends. “It’s nice to be back in Korea.” I murmur looking at all the familiar sights, well more familiar than London had been at first.

“I can’t wait until we finish university, you’ll be back here.” Jongin says excited by the notion. “The school is a four year school right?” He asks frowning slightly, smiling again quickly when I nod my head. “Good, well, since Sehun and I only have a two bedroom loft, looks like we’re sharing while you stay.” Jongin adds in cheekily. Quickly tugging me along a little faster than before at the mention of our sleeping arrangements.

I chuckle happily, “Sounds like someone is a little bit excited.” I say teasingly, Jongin looks over at me and nods his head exuberantly. “I thought we shared during Christmas.” I point out.

“That so does not count. We all stayed at your family’s huge place here in the city and shared one big room for the most part.” Jongin says seriously. “This will be our first official time sleeping in the same bed together since we were kids.” He explains rather seriously. “And so help me if the others try to weasel in…” He mutters under his breath.

I find this side of Jongin rather cute, “So when we get in, do I get a kiss?” I ask as we get on the elevator. “Or do I have to wait until later?” I ask my boyfriend sassily, successfully drawing his attention away from muttering how he’s going to kill our best friends.

Jongin shakes his head at me, leaning down slightly he presses his lips against mine. “A chaste kiss until I can get you alone.” He mumbles against my lips. “God, I missed you.” He mutters rubbing his nose against my, rather cutely.

Jongin surprised me when he rather seriously stated that we should go on a date way back in high school. Sehun and Tao apparently finally managed to talk him into it, especially after everyone caught wind of Chanyeol and I breaking up. Jongin told me very clearly he didn’t have then intentions of comforting me as a friend, he got Sehun and Tao to do that for him, He then came swooping in to save me whenever disaster was about to strike. “I missed you too.” I whisper leaning against Jongin rather contently.

“How was London? You’re always so brief when we video chat or talk on the phone.” Jongin says as we step off the elevator and head down the hall.

I let out a soft sigh. “It took a while to get used to. Though there are a lot of things I want to show you, but it was fun to go visit Miyoung-Unnie in Paris too.” I say rather cheerfully. “I learned a lot too while at school, I’m taking up painting as well.” I say excitedly thinking about next year’s courses I’ll be taking.

Jongin chuckles rather happily. “Well you know how you told me you can’t come home next Christmas?” Jongin say as he pushes the door open. “I saved up enough and bought a ticket, so you can show me all those things now.” He says proudly.

I stop and turn to face Jongin. “You’re coming to visit?” I ask feeling a surge of joy rush through my veins. “You’ll stay with me and I can show you all the sketch books I’ve filled out?” I ask while wrapping my arms around Jongin’s waist, the door closed behind us.

“Yeah, it’ll be a lot of fun.” Jongin whispers leaning down, his lips hovering just above my own. “Come on, we can take a nap.” He mutters mischievously as he pulls away from me at the last second. Wheeling my suitcase down the hall, I follow behind a little upset that he’d teased me like so, but then again it wouldn’t be Jongin if he hadn’t.


This is an alternate ending to my Just Friends fanfic.
I decided rather than coming up with something while they're still at the high school to skip
to them being in 
I wanted for them to evolve passed their just friends relationship.