( ˘⌣˘)◞♥ヽ(•‿• )

ILY
XSYKOTICA

We are assassins, Kyungsoo. You’re at our headquarters. The words echoed meaninglessly in Kyungsoo’s head. They floated around, ramming into different parts of his mind and created delusional thoughts that caused Kyungsoo to laugh hysterically. Kyungsoo’s reaction wouldn’t exactly described as shocking or surprising to Baekhyun nor’ Yixing. Truthfully, they had probably expected such a reaction, but the delay of his reaction worried Yixing.

“Kyungsoo we’re not-” Baekhyun started to say, his eyes were showing their usual glow and his brows knitted into a worried expression.

“Joking?” Kyungsoo laughed again which made Yixing worry more. He didn’t believe them… honestly who would? But his laughter wasn’t from disbelief or out of fun. It was a forced, sad laughter, Yixing realized, as Kyungsoo’s eyes began to water. He actually did believe them then..? But before neither Yixing nor Baekhyun could question or comfort Kyungsoo, the door behind the two boys slid open. The crying boy had his face buried in his hands and bed sheets, but tears were visibly wetting into the fabric.

“Uh...” Kris was standing in the doorway awkwardly staring at Kyungsoo. “I came into the right room, right?” He asked before he started to call for Chanyeol and Joonmyeon to hurry up. At the mention of Chanyeol’s name, Kyungsoo’s head whipped up, alert.

As soon as Chanyeol pushed pass Kris and Joonmyeon, who crowded at the door since they were still unsure if they were in the right room, he saw Kyungsoo’s tear stained face and his chest twisted and shriveled in pain. Chanyeol’s eyes brimmed with tears that threatened to fall as he practically tackled Kyungsoo and pulled him in a tight embrace. “I’m sorry,” Chanyeol whispered, closely into Kyungsoo’s ear, in a chant. He wasn’t crying but still, Kyungsoo was taken completely by shock. He felt an urge to shove Chanyeol away but at the same time he felt the need to return the hug. Chanyeol drugged you. The voice sitting in the back of Kyungsoo’s head warned. He did with a reason. Another voice countered as Kyungsoo’s arms hesitantly wrapped around Chanyeol’s waist loosely. Within seconds, he broke down in Chanyeol’s arms. The giant pulled away slightly but to wrap Kyungsoo in his strong arms again and drew comforting circles on Kyungsoo’s back. “It’s okay,” He whispered this time.

The other four guys watched the two, and smiled hesitantly. In Kris’s mind a thought clicked, and whispered something into Joonmyeon’s ear. The two eldest stepped out of the room, unnoticed, as the rest stayed behind with Kyungsoo.

~

It took almost half an hour to calm Kyungsoo down. As the timed passed by, one by one, Baekhyun and Yixing were called out of the room leaving only Chanyeol with the frail boy. Once he calmed down enough, the idea of being in an assassin’s headquarters became a realization of the reality. That was the reality, and Kyungsoo itched to ask a very specific question.

He pulled away from Chanyeol; the tears on his face were dried and only remained as invisible streaks, while on Chanyeol’s button down shirt, there were numerous tear stains. “H-hyung... Does that mean.. J-Jongin’s a... an a-assassin?”

The question left Chanyeol breathless and stiffly frozen. His breath stuck at the bottom of his long forgotten lungs, he stared into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “No,” One simple word lit up Kyungsoo’s eyes, but it hurt Chanyeol and brought him into a deeper part of the darkness he stood in. “Jongin isn’t, Kai is though.” The doe eyed boy stared at Chanyeol with confusion.

“W-who’s Kai?” The older of the two hesitated to answer again. “Then where is Jongin? Is this why Jongin doesn’t come home that much?” The large eyes of Kyungsoo wandered and scanned his surroundings again. “What does Jongin work in here as? Baekhyun hyung said they were assassins… are you one too..?” The accusing thought of Jongin being with another man or woman had long left his mind, now they were replaced with the guilty thoughts of his own selfishness and admiration for Jongin who worked so hard. There was no anger that he was left out of the acknowledgement of Jongin working in a headquarters either. Kyungsoo understood the needed conspiracy, just like those CIA or FBI dramas and movies he’d watched. That was how Kyungsoo saw it all while he waited for Chanyeol to respond.

“Kai... Kai’s someone really.. really close to Jongin.” Chanyeol hesitated again, almost as if he was thinking of what to say. “Jongin’s... he’s the brain of the- the assassin Kai.” The younger boy stared with a worried look; there was a feeling where all of his questions would lead him to an unwanted answer. “T-they.. they are both on mission.”  Chanyeol was stuttering. His hands trembled when he searched for Kyungsoo’s eyes.

Their eyes frozen on each other’s, Kyungsoo’s eyes doubled in size, he shakes his head once, eyes still locked on Chanyeol. Twice, Jongin’s on mission, the words repeated in his head. Words formed one after another on Kyungsoo’s tongue and each spilled with the breath which he unconsciously held. “H-how long had they.. been on mission?”

“Since that night...” Chanyeol trailed off.

“That.. night..? When..?”

“That night,” A whisper, everything was spoken in a whisper. It was as if anything louder could set the bomb planted in Kyungsoo off and ready to blow. As if the truth spoken in any tone lower would save him. “When.. when you two were supposed to have dinner..” The giant’s tears began to pour. Even before the boy who just found out that his boyfriend was in a life or death situation, Chanyeol’s tears poured. Maybe Kyungsoo was too shocked to cry now. Maybe he had lost all of his tears. Maybe he ran out, but that didn’t matter to Chanyeol, all he noticed was the paleness Kyungsoo suddenly became. The pearl peachy color washed from his face and his eyes glistened with fearful tears. Kyungsoo looked almost like porcelain, his eyes were glossy, and so were his cheeks. Oh, he was crying.

“Kyu-Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol panicked to Kyungsoo’s side, and pulled him into his arms. “I’m so sorry! Maybe I shouldn’t have said all this. Oh god, you just woke up too, I-”

“N-no…” He whispered. “But.. Jongin messaged me…” The doe eyes met Chanyeol’s and his brows scrunched upward. “I got messages even after…” His voice trailed off as the thoughts of his call to Jongin flashed in. It was on the floor vibrating so I picked it up, the raspy voice played in his mind. Jongin’s phone wasn’t with him. So how did he..?

“Soo... Jongin sends those messages every time he goes on a mission.” Chanyeol paused. “Sometimes, he sends them even during an assignment. He told me.. just in case, he wanted.. t-to say he loves you if... he.. got into trouble. Kai asked me to- I meant Jongin- to hack into his phone.” Chanyeol pulled away from Kyungsoo, his eyes focused in his lap. “Sorry... Those 5 messages were from me...”

The small body slumped lifelessly against the pillows, his eyes went dazed and ears blocked out anything Chanyeol began to say. Sounds became faint and tears clouded his eyes, though none slipped.

It was then that Chanyeol realized: The bomb had long gone off. It was already ticking.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I hope this chapter didn't ^^;; as I pormised yesterday, chapters would be updated frequently now, so there might be another update later on today. I'm already half way through it *grins proudly* There will probably be one or two more chapters ^^ it depends on how much I end up writing xD

Anyways, comment~ Hahaha I must be annoying about this ^^;;