( ˘⌣˘)◞♥ヽ(•‿• )

ILY
XSYKOTICA

He didn’t come home at all.

Kyungsoo sat curled up with his face pressed in his arms as he rested them against his knees. It has been almost a week since that night. Kyungsoo couldn’t help crying every night, over and over as the days passed and no signs of Jongin’s return came to him. So many times, Kyungsoo considered calling Jongin, but his cell phone, still tossed in the cushions of the sofa, was left untouched. It was probably another one of those week-long businesses that Jongin had to attend to. It was probably something really important that he couldn’t even text to say where he was staying or doing what.

Despite, his mind telling him to believe in Jongin, Kyungsoo’s heart was slowly corrupted by doubts and insecurities, It was enough that he only received short texts of “ILY”, enough that Jongin never hugged nor’ kissed him anymore, enough that Jongin had always set up dates and his hopes then crashed them all down. Kyungsoo couldn’t even remember the last time he had a full conversation with Jongin personally, face to face.  It was enough. But Jongin always found the worst ways to hurt Kyungsoo, perhaps even without knowing.

The thought that Jongin might be tired of him haunted him. For all he knew, Jongin could be sleeping and with some . For all he knew, Jongin didn’t love him anymore. It hurt like hell to know that there was a possibility of each of his fears actually occurring behind his back.

Hearing a small click at his doorway, Kyungsoo brought his head up to stare at the door, waiting for Jongin to casually step through. But, of course he doesn’t.

Even in the dim light, Kyungsoo’s face, covered with dried tear streaks trailing down both sides of full cheeks, his lips, chapped and bruised with dried stains of blood from the abuse of his teeth and blood-shot eyes were clear to spot. He appeared slimmer as well, almost as if he almost starved himself.

Behind the door, hushed voices evident with concern traveled to his ears as he settled into his arms again with a sigh. He’s not here...

“Are you sure someone still lives in there?”

“Yeah of course, I don’t see the boys much these days though.” Judging from the familiar sound, it was probably the neighboring ahjuma.

“How can anyone live without ever leaving his apartment?” How can anyone live with a broken heart? Tears began to build in the corners of Kyungsoo’s already tired eyes as the thought came to mind. The thought has visited him enough times already but it seemed to like bothering Kyungsoo.

“I’m worried about him.” She said, her voice thick with concern and confusion as she glanced at the door, debating whether to knock on the door.

“Ahjuma, let’s just go. Let’s not bother him. Who knows what kids nowadays do anyway?” Her friend said pulling her away. Although she was worried as well, it was better not get involved with a kid who obviously refused to eat. And if she guessed right, it was probably a heart break. Sometimes it was best not to trigger anything while the boy should be recovering. If hunger strikes them long enough, they will eventually eat. And there was no more pure love, in the present day world, there are no more love till’ death. That was all she could think as she shook her head with sympathy. Love always ends with a tragedy. That was how life works now.

As silence recovered, Kyungsoo shifted his position so he could stand. His stomach grumbled painfully and he was feeling weaker and weaker as nausea struck him. So this is what hunger feels like. Kyungsoo’s lips twitched into a pathetic smile as his brows knitted and another sharp pain strikes his abdomen. Jongin…have you eaten..?

~

After hours of continual tear shed and occasionally slumber, Kyungsoo, almost unconsciously, crawled towards the sofa, towards his cell phone. As commonly as Jongin goes without any notice, it was still worrisome for Kyungsoo. And now as he felt it was obvious that their love ended, he decided it was better to officially end their relationship, it would be good for both of them. Probably for the best, Jongin would be free and Kyungsoo would stop crying so much.

With a protracted sigh, Kyungsoo picked up his phone with shaking hands. Already on the screen were his text messages, there were about seven from Jongin which he hadn’t read, but he ignored them and exited the app. Yes, for the best... He urged himself on as his fingers hovered over Jongin’s number. Shakily, Kyungsoo pressed down. Deep down, he hopes that Jongin doesn’t pick like he usually wouldn’t.

Duuuruuuruu..... Duuuuruuuruu....

At the second ring, the line connects.

“J-Jong-in...” Kyungsoo stuttered and muffled a squeak as tears rolled down his face. There’s no backing out now. We’re officially over.

“Who? Who’s Jongin?” An unfamiliar voice blared on the other side of the line with a raspy laugh. “Yah, who are you?!” Kyungsoo only stiffens and his breath freezes as his cries force him to choke in fear. He pulls the phone from his ear and checks the caller ID, surely it was Jongin’s so who ‘s this man?!

“W-who are you?” He spoke, his voice barely louder than a whisper. The man on the other end laughed again, and the malicious sound sent shivers down Kyungsoo’s spine. “W-where’s J-Jongin..?” Kyungsoo choked out and waited for another laugh. It seemed like this guy liked to laugh a lot and the way sound of his laughter itself sounded like a nightmare.

And the laugh came. “Who the hell are you? Who do you think you’re talking to huh?” The raspy voice responded annoyed. In the background the sounds of air vents and grunts were audible. Before the man could yell at Kyungsoo again, another voice bellowed out, “Yah! Shut up will you? Take your call outside!”

“No, hyung-nim, this is an interesting call,” Kyungsoo froze and his apartment suddenly dropped in temperature. Who were these people? Why do they have Jongin’s phone?

“Let me see.... who’s this from?” Shuffling on the other side of the line was heard as the phone was passed around. The voice was different and sounded an octave deeper but had a warmer tone.

“I don’t know. Whoever’s phone this belongs to apparently doesn’t keep their contacts,” The raspy laugh responded.

“Well obviously! Who’s it asking for?” The voice called out to the other guy but within seconds a question was directed to Kyungsoo. “Who you?”

Kyungsoo gulped, surely this man sounded nicer but that didn’t mean he wasn’t scared anymore. He didn’t understand what was going on, who were these people? They shouldn’t have Jongin’s phone, how did they get hold of it?

“Yah, hello? Anyone there?” Kyungsoo didn’t realize that he was holding his breath but as he does he exhales and a whimper escapes his abused lips. “Oh so you are there. Who you looking for, son?”

“Said he was looking who ‘J-Jongin~’” The man in the background mocked Kyungsoo with a laugh, before Kyungsoo could say anything. If it wasn’t because Kyungsoo could only feel worry and fear at the moment, he’d probably find that laugh growing annoying. Even the ‘hyungnim’ on the phone scowled. “Will you shut up? And who the hell’s that?”

“I dunno..”

“Well find out!!”

Other than the sound of shuffling fabric, Kyungsoo could only guess that the guys were looking for Jongin so he remained silent. Again the question runs through Kyungsoo’s mind: Who the hell are these people? They don’t even know Jongin?

“Yah!” The voice pulled Kyungsoo out of his thoughts. “Where’d you find this phone anyway?”

“It was on the floor vibrating so I picked it up,” The now familiar raspy voice replied, followed by an over dramatic gasp. “Hyung, do you think it’s... for… that guy..?” Kyungsoo now listened closely as curiosity took over his fear.

“Oh this is interesting!” He laughed; the voice that once sounded warmer suddenly sounded cold and cruel. Now his fear returned and perhaps more scared than ever.

“Yah!” Kyungsoo flinched at the voice and the sound of scratching and creaking metal followed shortly after. These people are crazy! “Hey hey! Wake up!” A few pained grunts were heard coming from the other end on the line. What are these people? Did they beat someone up?! Kyungsoo’s mind was whirling now. He knows for sure! Jongin don’t know these people! He couldn’t possibly! Kyungsoo was almost begging desperately that Jongin only coincidentally dropped his phone and as said before, it was only ‘found on the floor’. If not... No, he couldn’t let doubts cloud him now! Jongin don’t know these people!! Because... Kyungsoo heard his mind tell him despite his denials, if he knew those people... He’s either the one doing the beating or.. The one being beaten...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello!! OMG I finally finished ><

Well.... so much drama for one chapter LOL.... yeah... I'm so lame..

Thank you for reading!!!! And please comment and subscribe, love yah~