( ˘⌣˘)◞♥ヽ(•‿• )

ILY
XSYKOTICA

Because... if he knew those people... He’s either the one doing the beating or.. The one being beaten..

~

“Hey! Hey, wake up punk!” The sounds of clashing metal sends shivers to the doe eyed boy, who shivered with tears that silently rolled down the surface of his pale face. “Hey!” The sharp sound of skin on skin slap and more metal crashing echoes into Kyungsoo’s ears, he flinches at the sound and cowers into the corner of his remote apartment. Prayers that the victim wasn’t Jongin spilled from his abused lips.

Muffled grunts plays from the other end, along with the sounds of cruel laughter. “Oh you’re finally up, thought you were dead.” A low growl escapes the victim, pain and anger was evident and thick in his voice. “This your phone?”

Silence; then a suddenly growl and the loud crash of things that Kyungsoo couldn’t decipher raged into Kyungsoo’s ears.

The call died. Silence greeted him again. “He-hello..?” Kyungsoo tried but no reply came back. The only sounds that came to Kyungsoo’s ears were silence, and his phone slips from his grip into his lap. The commotion on the other end left Kyungsoo stiff and frozen. His body slumps against the walls and his limbs go limp. He felt no energy left in him. That’s what the call did to him; it took away every ounce of Kyungsoo’s energy, his hope, and even the sadness at the thought that Jongin didn’t love him anymore. Now, in the place of those feelings were fear, fear, and more fear if not worry.

Nothing happened to Jongin, Kyungsoo wanted to believe, that Jongin would come home any minute, but no matter how much he tried, Kyungsoo could only remember the occurrences from the call. The thought that maybe Jongin lost his phone and coincidentally the victim boy found it, was immediately dismissed as tears streamed. There was no way, that this world had so many coincidences. No matter how much Kyungsoo wished and hoped and prayed, the voice in his mind would only counter with the reality.

~

“Chanyeol?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as his ears picked up the familiar voice that whispered his name almost breathlessly.

At his door, stood the doe eyed boy whose eyes were blood shot. The fact that the boy cried was evident and Chanyeol could almost tell what questions would pour out of those red heart shaped lips.

“Where’s Jongin?” Chanyeol froze despite the fact that he expected the question. Cold sweat began to pour. Be careful of what you say, especially when and where, he was once warned and now because of that advice he was speechless. There was no way to explain without hurting Kyungsoo or worse... ruining everything. “Where is he? I know you know,” Kyungsoo began again after seeing Chanyeol’s reaction. “Chanyeol, tell me? Please?” Kyungsoo’s voice came out barely a squeak as his body shook and eyes threatened to spill tears again.

“Kyungs-soo… Kyungsoo-ah, please don’t cry… please…” Chanyeol felt his heart collapse along with Kyungsoo who crumbled to his doorsteps. His hands were dabbing away his tears that flowed uncontrollably. Chanyeol hated to see his friends cry, especially someone as kind and innocent as Kyungsoo. He always felt weak when he saw even the slightest bit of water collected in anyone’s eyes.

“Please..” Kyungsoo repeated nonstop in whispers that would be inaudible if it wasn’t because Chanyeol had keen ears.

In Chanyeol’s eyes, Kyungsoo has always been a little naïve boy that Jongin fell in love with; Kyungsoo always smiled, cooked and waited for Jongin. He’d always try to ease Jongin’s pressure and exhaustion.

In Chanyeol’s eyes, their love was so innocent and surreal, almost too good and strong that anyone who saw the two together could tell that they loved each other. Anyone could easily feel envious just by seeing them together; even Chanyeol remembered the bitter feeling. But because of that, Kyungsoo trust Jongin a lot, love was blinding, he’d believe everything Jongin say and that everything he says would be all. Chanyeol knew how Kyungsoo would choose to trust Jongin even if he have doubts, that was what Kyungsoo always showed him through the 2 two years, since Chanyeol met him. Love was just so delusional.

But it didn’t matter what was in Chanyeol’s eyes anymore, because he knew the reality. Yes… he knew it all.

“Kyungsoo… Come inside, okay?” Chanyeol knelt down beside Kyungsoo and offered a hand to pull him up. Kyungsoo’s head nodded slightly as he continued to shed tears. It was painful to watch and seem as if Kyungsoo knew he’d die without Jongin, almost like an unwritten fate: To die alongside Jongin. If he had to be honest, Chanyeol felt jealous of Jongin. He had such a lovely boy to lean on if anything went bad...

But now things went bad... bad enough that each other wouldn’t be enough.

“Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo began, catching Chanyeol’s uninvited attention. “What happened to Jongin?” His voice came out fragile and weak.

“Wh-why? What do you mean?” The question was rather suspicious to Chanyeol; could Kyungsoo possibly think that Jongin died? Kyungsoo locked eyes with the taller and his lips trembled to explain.

“Please tell me n-nothing bad happened...?” I’m sorry… I can’t.. “I c-called… J-Jongin…” Chanyeol’s eyes widened and his heart stopped for a quick second, but he continued into his house while guiding Kyungsoo as if Kyungsoo’s statement didn’t faze him.

“Did.. did he say anything?” As Kyungsoo bit his lip and shook his head negative, Chanyeol mentally cursed at himself for stuttering, but noticing that Kyungsoo didn’t notice he relaxed.

“H-hyung...” Kyungsoo fought back a cry, but unsuccessfully ended up choking out a sob. “I don’t know… J-Jongin..! They.. they had… someone has Jongin’s phone! An-and t-they hurt people!” Kyungsoo looked up, watching Chanyeol with fearful eyes and silently begging Chanyeol to tell him Jongin’s not with those people, but Chanyeol’s reaction gives no hints and doesn’t meet Kyungsoo’s gaze. “What if-”

“Kyungsoo, don’t think about it okay? I’m pretty sure Jongin’s fine?”

~

“I have to make an important call,” Chanyeol began after he seated, along with a cup of tea from his kitchen, Kyungsoo in his living room. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen with panic and confusion. He felt a twang of distrust strike him. He probably thinks I’m just avoiding the question. But in this case, he understood why Kyungsoo would lack trust in him, actually in anyone. So he continues, “It has to do with Jongin so… I need to just- I’ll tell you after, okay?”

Before Kyungsoo could reply or oppose Chanyeol was already making his way out of the room.

“Hyung...” Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol say as he exited into his kitchen again and out of hearing range. Tears continued to fall as if it was a living necessity and hiccups spilled from Kyungsoo’s now sore throat. With great effort Kyungsoo tried to hold back his hiccups in attempt to calm down and he had his hands tightly wrapped around the warm mug to calm his shaking hands.

~

After minutes of waiting and occasionally hearing Chanyeol yell at his phone, Chanyeol finally comes back from the kitchen. By now, Kyungsoo had stopped crying, although his eyes and nose were still red. Well of course they were still red! He’s cried almost 24/7!

Kyungsoo glanced up at Chanyeol with wide eyes and a hopeful look, which he avoids.

“How’s the tea?” Kyungsoo glances down at the mug in his hands; it was no longer warm but still untouched.

“I haven’t tried it yet.. Hyung please-”

“I’ll get you a warmer one then.”

“Chanyeol…” It was obvious that Chanyeol was avoiding Kyungsoo’s question and it didn’t make sense to him at all. Why?

“Please… I promised to tell you, so I will.” Kyungsoo nods at Chanyeol’s back, but even without Kyungsoo’s nod, he already began walking into his kitchen.

A few minutes later Chanyeol returned with two cups, one which he handed to Kyungsoo.

“Here, drink some.” Chanyeol says as he took a seat across from Kyungsoo.

Silence met his ears, and he glances meeting Kyungsoo’s doe eyes.

“It’s going to be a long talk, so just drink some.” Chanyeol gestured again, this time bringing his cup to his lips. But he doesn’t drink. Instead, he watched Kyungsoo take a large gulp of his tea, and watched how his eyes widened with confusion and horror.

Sorry…

“H-hyung…? What is th-” Kyungsoo is cut off as he goes unconscious.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: *cries* this story is a lot longer than I expected....

BTW, Sorry if some of you find the chapter thingy annoying since it's really just a one-shot but I thought it'd be easier for bookmarking ^^;;

Please comment and subscribe, love yah~

Looking forward for the next chapter, yeah?