When fate is against it (Part 1)

Love is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]When fate is against it[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Ara was excited that day. It’s been a month she hadn’t visit the hospice. She missed the grandmas and grandpas.

 

“I’m ready to give up my life for you.” She said her line, and Il Woo approached her. He cupped her face ready for the next action.

 

“Cut.” Min Ho shouted. He was frustrated. How could he do his job correctly with his best man pleading him of not allowing the two of them to have skinship?

 

“Do it again!” He commended and they followed.

 

***

 

“Director Lee is acting weirdly, don’t you think?” Il Woo asked her, she shook her head.

 

“I don’t really know, I think he’s pushing us for better acting.” Il Woo nodded.

 

“I’ll give you a ride home.” He suggested and she shook her head. “I have somewhere to go first.”

 

“Where? I’ll take you.” He insisted, she finally agreed, he led her to his car.

 

“Stop at this supermarket, I have some courses to make.” He did as she asked. She got out and bowed to him to thank him but was surprised when he got off.

 

“I can do groceries shopping on my own, you can just go.” She smiled to him. “Your house is far from here.” He commented. “But I have somewhere to go.” She walked in, he just followed her. It was a little burden to her, why all the men she met are imposing themselves on her and intruding her space?

 

Her annoyance turned to laughter, he was a fun to be around and she enjoyed his presence. He pushed the cart and she guided him.

 

“It’s my first time shopping.” He confessed. “Well, everything has its first time.” She winked to him.

 

Before she could pull her money from her wallet, he paid for everything and took the bags toward his car.

 

“What are you doing Il Woo-sshi?” She ran after him. “Taking you home.” He opened the door for her. “I’ll go there.” She pointed to the small building in the end of the street. “I can walk there, also her.” She handed him money.

 

“Why are you giving me this?”

 

“It’s the price you paid instead of me.” he sighed.

 

“Do you think I’ll take it?” he asked annoyed.

 

“And do you think I’d take your charity? Please take it.” His face got red.

 

“You’re not a charity case, why are you making me feeling so bad.” He walked to that building, her bags in his hand.

 

“Where are you going?” she ran to his side.

 

“What if someone kidnaps you?” she laughed.

 

“Are you serious? I’m old enough to manage myself.” She crossed her arms all proud.

 

“But a beautiful face like yours will be in danger in this area. Aren’t you afraid?” she scoffed. “I’m coming to this place since I was 15.”

 

He followed her as she entered the small and old building. He looked confused and she noticed that. She knocked on the door and was greeted by a middle aged woman.

 

“Aigo, it’s been such a long time you hadn’t visited. It’s such a pleasure to see you again.” That woman hugged her.

 

“I’m sorry ajhumma, I was kind of busy.” She bowed to her, that woman noticed Il Woo, he also bowed to her. “Who is this gentleman? Your boyfriend!” before he could say anything, Ara shouted in denial. “We are partners and close friends.” The woman gave her a suspicious look. “There is no friendship between a man and a woman darling. Please come in.”

 

“Where are we?” he whispered as they followed the ahjumma. “It’s a hospice.”

 

“Are your grandparents here?” she looked at him. “I wish they were alive, but all those persons are my second family.”

 

They entered a hall; many old people were sitting in groups or alone, some chatting, some watching TV and some playing Baduk. They all stood and a smile spread to their faces

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter