An ordinary day

Love is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]An ordinary day:[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2]Ara was taking a rest from her practice. It’s been a week they shared a double date. She should feel embarrassed but thanks to Min Ho, she wasn’t.

What are you doing?

Il Woo interrupted her thoughts.

Nothing, just resting.

She changed the subject.

Do you think we will be chosen? We are the best in class, of course we will. But seniors also participate. Hey partner, don’t lose hope. Also, we choose the perfect play.

The audition was the day after. This week was a tight one. She had to practice for the audition, while Seung Gi had been busy with cases. He often finished early to meet her. She never answered his calls, being too busy, she only texted him after practice.

It hurt his pride passing by her practice room to see her dancing with Il Woo. He argued with her and tried making her changing partner but she refused. She already gave her word to Il Woo, and wouldn’t back off.

That day, Seung Gi had an important guest. Shin hye offered him inside intimidated by him. How not? He is the great Park Ji Suk, the legend among lawyers, lost only 3 cases in his long career, currently retired.

Take a sit abeoji.

Seung Gi pulled the chair for him after greeting him with a huge smile. Shin Hye, hearing that sentence before closing the door, was suspicious of the “abeoji”. His last name is Park while Seung Gi’s is Lee.

It’s an honor for me to have you as a guest in my humble office. Young boy, you’re still the same upright kid I’ve knew long time ago. Your father must be proud of you. Thank you abeoji. I am also proud of you.

Seung Gi was happy seeing his father’s best friend here. He knew him since a little kid, and always inspired him to be a man that upholds law and justice.

Shin Hye walked in again with coffee in her hand.

Enjoy your coffee sir. Thank you young lady.

She left, still trying to stool the maximum of glances she could of this legend.

What owes me this huge surprise abeoji? You still the same, impatient as always.

The old man laughed, and Seung Gi smiled.

I’m here to ask you a favor. A favor?

Seung Gi wasn’t sure what he wanted from him.

You know I have a daughter, right? You knew each other when you were young. Yes abeoji, I do. Well, she's causing trouble. I’m embarrassed having to ask you this. Please don’t be abeoji.

Seung Gi was curious but afraid of his request.

Well, she’s one of your students. I see.

Seung Gi frowned.

She didn’t inherit from me; she is just like her mother. And is a little … well too much a weak student. Oh.

He didn’t dare saying more.

I would be grateful if you become her tutor.

Seung Gi never felt more embarrassed than this. This man was a second father to him, he stood by him even after his father’s death. It was the first time he ever asked him something.

Of course abeoji. Tell her to come and meet me after conference tomorrow.

The old man took Seung Gi’s hand.

Thank you so much son. You don’t know how relieved I am.

Seung Gi smiled; this man was indeed precious to him.

Ow, you have to join us over dinner one day, how about this Thursday? Mme. Park wants to see you too. Of course I’ll come.

Seung Gi accompanied him to the door.

Also, send my greeting to your mother and little sister. When they visit you in Seoul, bring them to my house, it’s been a long time I didn’t saw them. Of course abeoji.

He bowed to the old man, and this one gave him a warm hug. It was a pleasure for Seung Gi to see the man he looks up to, also he wanted to hear the words “I’m proud of you.”

 

 

It was the audition day, Ara asked her friends to be there. She also called Seung Gi and asked him to come. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to see her perform with another guy, but he had to, this is the job she chose, and he doesn’t have the right to interfere.

Today’s conference felt the longest to Seung Gi. He received a call earlier from Mr. Park reminding him of his promise. That’s why he waited after his lecture’s ended. The look written in his face was unpleasant. He didn’t like knowing San Dara was his uncle’s daughter.

Good evening teacher Lee, I’m Dara, San Dara Park. Good evening. I’m Park Ji Suk’s… I know who you are. He cut her words annoyed. Let’s meet when you have free time to make a schedule that suits both of us. Yes teacher. Here!

She handed him a piece of paper.

Call me.

She ran so fast, he couldn’t even blink his eyes. He unfolded the paper to find her number written in it. He walked to the trash can and threw it in.

He looked at his watch, it was time.

 

Shin Hye was sitting next to Min Hyun and Kristal. She excused herself and walked to backstage.

Ara!! Oh shin Hye-ya.

She found her friend turning around, her eyebrows frowning and sweating.

What’s wrong with you?  Shin Hye-ya, I just know it, I’ll forget my script or … or trip and fall while dancing. Ya, ya!! Look at me. Who are you? Go Ara.

She whispered.

I asked you who are you? Go Ara!!

She shouted, suddenly, feeling her fears disappearing and gaining more strength.

That’s my girl.

Shin Hye patted Ara’s head like a baby. Though they met just two weeks ago, they already know each other.

Shin Hye-ya, I know it’s neither the place nor time to ask. Shin Hye frowned. Did he call?

She shook her head.

 

Last week’s double date didn’t turn out too well. Ara was hiding during the roller coaster ride in Seung Gi’s arms; it was okay since she is a girl. But to Min Ho, he never felt more embarrassed his entire life. After shouting and crying during the ride, he vomited his soul the minute his foot touched the ground. Despite the disguise and embarrassment, Shin Hye stood by his side, patting his back while he was throwing up, and handing him a handkerchief and bottle of water. It was a shame to Min Ho, he rejected her hand, and stormed in his car away. Seung Gi ended up driving the girls home, apologizing for his friend’s behavior. He called him to meet with a dead line, so he drove to his house.

 

Instead of apologizing the next days, he cut the lines by turning his phone off, and not opening his door.

 

Seeing her friend worried, she smiled brightly.

Today is about you! Go there, and show them what my friend is capable of.

 

Ara looked at her thankful, she knew Shin Hye is a strong girl, she never doubted it.

Thank you Shin Hye-ya. Now go, there is your partner.

She pointed to Il Woo. And Ara joined him, practicing their lines one last time.

 

Shin Hye took her sit, and the curtain closed, allowing the backstage workers to prepare the stage for the next performance. They all held their breaths.

 

Ara was wearing shorts with a large sweater that hang l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter