Life isn't a blue sky with rainbows.

Love is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Life isn't a blue sky with rainbows.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Min Ho took Shin Hye to a calm park. She kept a serious face the entire walk.

 

I’m sorry, I was a jerk. I was so… Embarrassed??

She cut his words.

Do you know how much it hurt seeing you ignoring me?

He looked at her confused. She didn’t need his answer and so continued.

If you can’t show your own weakness to a woman you claim to like, to whome will you show it? I – I was so embarrassed and acted rashly that moment. And after, I was ashamed to call. I thought it’s better if I didn’t face you. So why are you facing me now?

He looked right to her eyes, he took her right hand and put it across his face. His closed his eyes sensing the soft fingers moving along his cheeks. He kissed her hand and looked at her again.

I came to realize I care for you more, I can’t let go of you.

Shin Hye’s heart melted, but she urged herself to be cold and rough with him. She took her hand and locked it with her left hand. She looked away, knowing she won’t resist him if her eyes locked with his.

You have to earn your forgiveness.

 

 

 

 

Seung Gi came back to the room to find Ara alone.

Where did that kid go?

He was looking around.

He left; he didn’t even tell me where … Who called?

She was embarrassed she asked. A little blush flashed her cheeks when she realized they were only two of them in her apart.

My mother. He answered. She’s visiting me tomorrow. Oh! Aish! My house is in a terrible state.

He mumbled to himself.

I’m sorry Ara, but I need to go.

He took his jacket.

But why? She grabbed his arm causing him to stop. The maid that does the house chores only comes in Sundays which is two days after, I can’t let my mum clean my house after her trip. I’ll help you. You don’t have … to.

She was already in front of the door. She gave him a look to hurry.

 

 

 

Are you sure a human being lives here? It doesn’t look like it to me.

He gave her a glare, but then faced her with his back, hiding his face in embarrassment, especially when she arranged his bedroom. With all the clothes that were scattered around, it was a mess.

 

 

 

She threw herself to his couch once they were done.

You, I never asked for your help. You’re welcome. How come you never say nice things? Hello? I’ve always been nice to you; you’re the one ignoring me.

He jumped in the other side of the couch and leaned his head to put it on her lap.

What are you doing?

He was patting her lap.

You passed the first test.

He closed his eyes trying to sleep.

What is wrong with you guys’ tests today? Em? Nothing.

She wasn’t waiting for his answer.

You know, you are chubbier than you look. What! You, get off!

He laughed as she tried pushing him from his shoulders.

You can’t sleep!

She whispered patting his hair.

Why? You need to drive me home.

She caressed his cheeks slowly.

Just sleep here.

He opened his eyes and adjusted himself to look straight to her face, as he predicted, it is red.

You want to greet your mother with a girl in your … house.

He gave her a serious look. He smirked, seeing how she whispered the last word.

My mum will love it, finding a girl in my bed…. Ah! Ah ah ah!

She pinched his cheeks hardly.

Take me home, now!

She scared him, he didn’t dare saying anything else, his cheeks are already red and swollen.

 

 

 

On his way back he received a call from Mr. Park. He wanted to confirm their dinner appointment. Seung Gi excused himself from it. He told him his mother and sister will visit tomorrow, so Mr. park invited them over too.

I have something to talk about with your mother.

He just said.

 

 

 

The next morning he woke up early. He waited for his mother and sister at the train station and drove them to his house. His sister kept jumping to his arms hugging him.

Your house is clean! I didn’t expect that. Well, someone helped me. (He scratched the back of his head, a little embarrassed.) By the way, I want you to meet this person.

His mother gave him a questioning look.

Oppa, you finally have a girlfriend?

He nodded. His mother blinked her eyes.

Ask her to join us for lunch.

His sister beamed in happiness.

Sure, I really want to see this person that finally moved my son’s heart.

His mother couldn’t hide her joy. Never in her life did she saw her son with a girl. He always ignored them.

 

 

She held a smile upon meeting Ara. Seung Mi, his sister gave her a hug that Ara returned. She was so shy to meet them, it was fast. Everything in their relationship was so fast.

 

 

Ara was helping in the kitchen with Seung Mi and Mme. Lee, she was awkward not knowing what to do, thanks to Seung Mi’s nice and friendly personality, she adjusted a little.

Oppa, lunch is ready.

His mouth watered seeing the full table next to him.

Mother, you were tired from travelling and still overworked yourself? It wasn’t tiring at all; Seung Mi and Ara granted me great help. This is the only dish I made. (She pointed to the kimchi stew). The ark shell soup was made by Ara, also this duk-buk-ki. And the rest side dishes I brought them with me. You need to eat well, look how your cheeks are almost gone, like someone had been pinching them a lot.

His eyes went to Ara, like wanting to tell his mother she was the culprit. She gave him a threatening look. His sister burst in laughers, understanding the situation when they stared awkwardly at his mother’s questioning.

 

Unnie, you’re so cool.

She gave her a thump up. Ara laughed to send away the doubts.

 

 

Ara and Seung Mi did the dishes while talking about girls stuff. They really enjoyed each others. They each considered each other’s sisters. Mme. Lee used the opportunity to ask questions like any mother. Like where is she from? What she does in life?

 

 

She didn’t argue much. Her son is a mature and responsible man. She was satisfied he finally found someone. And though Ara is a really beautiful lady, she found in her something special. She was far away from being materialist.

 

 

My mother loves you.

He was taking her home.

 

She’s a nice person.

She sounded kind of sad.

 

Ara? Em?! Can I ask you something?

He looked her in the eyes.

Yes sure.

He hesitated.

Where is your family?

She looked away. He touched a sensitive spot.

My mother passed away when I was 10. I’m sorry. It’s okay, no need to apologize.

 

How … (he hesitated again) and your father?

She gave him a weak smile. He confirmed it; she is stronger than she looks.

 

I don’t know him.

Seung Gi didn’t know what to say. He grabbed her hand, and the minute their eyes locked, he gave her a warm smile. She smiled back; it was a genuine this time.

 

 

 

 

He told his mother they were invited by Mr. Park. His mother’s reaction wasn’t really how he expected it.

Is he still contacting you?

He frowned, he always considered him a second father.

Mother, what is wrong?

He didn’t hide his annoyance. His mother turned her back; she didn’t want to show him her tears. He walked away frustrated.

 

I’ll come and drive you at six o’clock.

He walked out of the house. It was only two hours before their dinner appointment.

Where are we going eomma?

Seung Mi walked to her mother, a little too cheerful.

What is wrong mom? Oppa upset you?

Mme. Lee shook her head.

It pains me that I lied to him honey.

Seung Mi blinked her eyes, not understanding a thing.

 

 

It was 17:30 p.m when Seung Gi came back to his apartment.

 

Here!

He said in a cool way, embarrassed in fact, and handed a bouquet of flower to his mother, looking away. His mother kept looking at him.

I’m sorry I raised my voice earlier.

She could swear she saw a blush on his cheeks. He was adorable, and Seung Mi took the chance to squeeze his cheeks.

Ah! Ah! Ah! It hurts.

His sister giggled.

I’m the girl, how come you have chubbier cheeks? You’re even cuter than
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter