Getting Worse

It's Business

 

Minho was walking calmly to his wife’s room. He tries to erase the pictures of Taemin caressing her tummy at the mall that he recieves this morning.

“I better ask her.”

He said as he turns the knob of her ward’s door.

Minho was pushing the door open when he saw Taemin holding his wife.

With clenched jaw, he curls his fist when he saw Sulli leans her head on Taemin’s shoulder with closed eyes.

Minho walks angrily to them and throw a fist on Taemin’s face which makes him stumble on the floor.

Sulli almost fall when Taemin quickly stands up and holds her to keeps her from falling.

“What the hell Choi?”

“What the hell? What the hell are you both doing behind my back?”

His tone is high, his face was full of anger.

"Oppa!"

Sulli shouts while she tries to find her balance.

Minho ignores her while he fixed his eyes on Taemin who was glaring at him.

Minho was about to raise his fist once again when Sulli holds his hand with all her might.

"Stop it oppa. Stop."

Minho releases his wrist from Sulli’s grip easily.

“Leave us Taemin oppa.”

Taemin wipes the blood from his swelling lips and walks out of the ward.

“Trying to help him?”

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

Sulli holds the wall for support while her other hand suport her lower abdomen that was in pain since the impact from Minho earlier.

“I ask you to be loyal to me woman. I ask you if you have a man before I married you.”

“Oppa.”

Sulli starts to shed tears.

“What are you talking about?”

“I received pictures of you with him this morning. I ignore it, believing that you won’t do disgusting thing behind my back but you prove that I’m wrong.”

“How could you oppa?”

“Don’t say anything Sulli. Don’t make me hurt you.”

He said without looking at her face.

Minho turns to the door when he heard a knock.

He carries Sulli and makes her lie down on the bed.

“Wipes your tears.”

Sulli did as she was told too and put up a smile when Minho opens the door.

“You have to feed him Mrs. Choi. Do you want any help?”

“You can leave, I can help her.”

The nurse bows to him.

“Mr. Choi, the doctor wants to see you.”

“I’ll be there in a while.”

Minho said with a smile.

The nurse left them and closes the door.

“Feed my son.”

Sulli lay down on her side, showing her back to Minho as she pulls up her shirt.

“You won’t let me see that now?”

Minho hissed and left the room.

Sulli sobs silently while she looks at Yoogeun, patting his back and hopes that Minho will come back with a smile. She has to explain.

                                                                                        ***

Sulli was discharged after two days.

Minho brings her back to their house and hires a nurse to tend to her.

He felt betrayed, but still, she is the mother of his son.

Minho walks to their room one night and stands by her bed.

Looking straight to her face makes him hesitant, so he walks to his working table and looks at his PC instead.

 “As I said before we get married, this marriage is just a plain business. Starting from this day onward, you are my wife, plainly on paper. Try filing a divorce if you want to see the worse me.”

“But oppa, I don’t have special feeling with Taemin oppa.”

“No?”

Minho laughs.

“You stand for that damn Taemin instead of your husband Sulli. And you want me to believe you aren’t having a special feeling for him?”

Minho grits his teeth.

“I’m not stupid.”

“Oppa.”

“I know now why you wants to go everywhere on your own. So that you can meet your boyfriend easily right?”

“Aniyo oppa. I just don’t want to burden you.”

“Shut up.”

Sulli bites her trembling lips while she looks at Minho.

“I suspect you with the hyung, but you are having a scandal with the young one?”

Minho let out a sigh.

“Why do you want to marry me then Sulli? You can just freaking tell me.”

“I love you oppa.”

Minho stands up abruptly and punches the table.

“Stop saying things I don’t like.”

“Oppa.”

“Shut up.”

He walks out of their room and slams the door close.

                                                                                        ***

It’s been two month after Sulli give birth. She had become healthier than her first month.

Minho stops hiring nurse and maids to avoid people know about his marriage live.

Sulli walks to the garden with Yoogeun for some fresh air after she cleans the house.

Minho still won’t let her explain anything.

She tries to write to him but he tore the letter in front of her before he burn it.

She tries recording her explanation which makes him slams the voice recorder to pieces.

“I don’t need any explanation. I believe what I want to believe.”

He said that when she tries to converse with him.

Sulli kisses Yoogeun and walks inside the house.

She places him in the cot and starts walking to the kitchen to cook lunch.

Luckily Minho still eats at home.

They sleep in the same room and bed, but she can’t even dream of having his strong arm wrapped around her body like he used to do.

All she got is his cold back facing to her every night.

He comes home at lunch and early after office hours but they did not converse much.

Just a simple order will come out from his mouth.

He still cares for his son, he told her several times that Yoogeun is his son; he won’t doubt it since he knows she never slept with other men before marriage.

But he doubts her now, because of Taemin.

Sulli sighs as she took out the meat from the fridge.

Only time can change him.

All he needs is time.

                                                                                                ***

Sulli was sitting in front of her PC when she heard the door bell.

She walks passed Yoogeun’s room towards the door and opens it.

Sulli steps back, shocked.

“Taemin oppa.”

“Hi.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Visiting. You don’t want to let me in?”

Sulli shakes her head.

“Sorry oppa. I can’t.”

Taemin smiles.

“Kenchana. I just want to see if you are doing well. I haven’t seen you since the incident in the hospital.”

Sulli lowered her head and composed herself before she look at him.

“I’m fine oppa. Nothing is wrong with me.”

“Tell me if anything happen. I know Minho. I know he won’t let it slide just like that. I care for you.”

Sulli sighs.

“Sorry oppa. I know I sound rude, I will never forget your favor. I’m grateful. But, I hope you stay away from me for this moment.”

“Why? Did Minho say anything?”

“It’s not about my husband. It’s about me. I don’t want him to make me choose. I can’t.”

Taemin smiles.

“I hope to see your son.”

“Sorry oppa.”

“Kenchana. I’ll leave first.”

Taemin raise his hand and caresses her hair which makes Sulli flinch.

“Sorry.”

Sulli nods.

“Take care of yourself.”

Sulli closes the door when Taemin droves away from her lawn.

                                                                                        ***

“Ah, Minho. Good that I see you here.”

Minho glances at him before he walks away, trying to walk faster to his car.

Taemin pulls his arm which makes Minho turns to him while gritting his teeth.

“What now?”

Taemin smirks.

“Give this handkerchief to Sulli. Tell her that I say thanks.”

Taemin pats his shoulder before he walks away while shoving his hand in his pocket.

“Are you testing my patience Sulli?”

He rushes to his car and starts the ignition.

                                                                                        ***

She was 5 steps away from Yoogeun’s room to check on him when the front door was opened roughly.

Sulli turns around and widens her eyes when she saw Minho, flaring with anger.

“You still can’t stand without looking at him huh?”

“Oppa. What do you mean?”

Minho let out an unbelievable laugh.

“Trying to act innocent Sulli?”

Sulli’s tears starts to pool in her eyes.

What did she do wrong this time?

“What did he do here?”

“Deh?”

Sulli blinks her eyes unable to understand his words.

Minho grabs Sulli and starts kissing her exposed skin roughly.

“You want this?”

He attacks her lips and it hard which makes Sulli pushes him.

Minho wipes his lips and puts his hand on each side of his hips.

He glares at her fragile wife with full of anger.

He takes out the handkerchief from his pocket and throws it on her face.

“Having fun while i'm at work?”

Sulli stares at the handkerchief and looks at Minho in horror.

He clenched his jaw and walks out of the house before he slams it shut.

                                                                                        ***

Sulli tries to reach for his hand but he shoves her hand away.

Minho did not even look at her.

“Oppa, I never did you wrong.”

“Then why is he in our house?”

Sulli choked a tear.

“He just came to visit.”

“What a joke.”

“Oppa. I did not even let him in.”

“You want me to believe it?”

He looks at Sulli in disgust.

Minho soften his expression when he heard his son cries for attention.

He turns his back from Sulli and walks to the door.

He stops and holds the knob.

“Go tend to Yoogeun.”

 

 

 

 

 #PrayForPalestine#