Lee Taemin

It's Business

 

Jinki was having a coffee with Zyra when Taemin pushes open the front door.

Taemin look at them and went to hug Jinki.

“You are home hyung?”

“I thought you weren’t in Seoul.”

“Sorry hyung,I just got back yesterday.  I stay in Japan two months ago with my friend.”

Taemin chuckles.

“I’ll make sure to tell you wherever I went after this hyung.”

“I didn’t say that you make you tell me kid.”

Taemin smiles and bows to Zyra.

“Annyeonghaseyo hyungsoo.”

Shocked by his greeting; Zyra flinched but still she smiles a bit.

“Annyeong.”

She said a bit stutter.

Taemin chuckles.

“I’m going in my room hyung.”

“Ah yeh.”

Both of them then follow Taemin with their eyes until he disappeared into his room.

“I don’t understand him oppa.”

“Me too.”

Jinki said while his eyes were still on the closed door.

He sighs and looks at Zyra who was wrinkling her forehead.

“Believe me, I don’t understand him too. He is unpredictable lately. He was different when I was still living in UK.”

“How different?”

“So different.”

Jinki drinks his coffee and smiles at Zyra.

“Let’s go somewhere else, I’ll tell you about Taemin.”

Zyra nods and brought the empty cups to the sink. She took a last glance on Taemin’s door before she walks out of the house.

                                                                                                ***

“Do you know who I met in Japan?”

“Who babe?”

“Taemin.”

“Really? How?”

“He is everywhere I think.

Jonghyun chuckles when Luna glare at him.

"He is a helping a friend with the presentation since his friend is new to this sector.”

Luna puts the now sleeping Joonie in his cot before she sits in front of Jonghyun.

“Did you both talks?”

Jonghyun nods.

“He greets me first.”

“What did you talk about?”

“We talk about work at first but then he asks me about Minho, about Sulli.”

“Sulli? Why?”

“He said that he knows Sulli too.”

“Chinca?”

Jonghyun nods.

“Do you remember Mr. Lee Jinki?”

“Yes, Sulli’s boss.”

“He is Taemin’s brother. So, Sulli and Taemin met in a party.”

Luna nods few times.

“What else did you talk about? What did he said about Mr. Minho?”

“He just wants to know about his marriage with Sulli. I said they know each other since they are still in school. He seems not believe me.”

“How does he respond to it?”

“He asks more about his school and Sulli’s. He just knew that Sulli’s appa is the school’s president.”

“The shocking thing is he asks me if they get married out of love.”

“How dare him.”

Jonghyun nods.

“I said yes, they love each other, and Sulli is pregnant now.”

“So, what did he says?”

“He looks shock babe. Then he left without saying anything. Just a simple bye.”

Luna sighs.

“I hope he won’t do anything to them. I hate Taemin more now. He ruined my friend’s life before.”

Luna started to frown.

“I don’t want to talk to him too but he asks to talk to me, out of old relationship. Mianhe.”

“Kenchana babe.”

Luna rubs Jonghyun’s hand while assuring him that she is okay.

“Tell Mr. Minho about this.”

“I will later. I’ll be a bit busy this week and next week. Can you say it to Minho instead?”

“It’s better if you tell him babe. Since you are the one who talk to Taemin.”

“Arasseo.”

                                                                                                ***

“He is a good kid.”

Jinki started when they sit on a bench while staring at the Han River.

“He is likeable, has good manners, and caring to others.”

“His ambitiousness and competitiveness changes him big time.”

“Competitiveness is a good thing oppa.”

“But not in Taemin case.”

Jinki sighs.

Unable to comprehend, Zyra wrinkles her forehead.

“Why?”

“He can’t fall second in anything. His weakness if I may say it. Taemin is a genius little kid. His IQ level is higher than me too. I was into writing, books and stuffs but he is a math genius. He loves numbers. He is creative. He chooses to follow dad’s footsteps too. Since his preschool, he was first. Maybe it’s a big shock to him when this new boy beats him in everything.”

Zyra sighs.

“Why does he choose to be a bad guy that people hate? He should just do his best and get first.”

“Easier said than done chagiya.”

“Did something happen?”

Jinki shakes his head.

“It’s not a big deal actually. The guy was his friend at first. He told me about him helping the boy and another friend of him in a café for part time job. They spend time together during freshman. He was happy when he talks about his friend, he was happy when he shares his experience on part time. Suddenly he said that boy is not his friend anymore. I was shock. I wonder how that friendship turns to being enemies.”

“He doesn’t say why?”

“He said it. He said that it is because he never fall second, I understand he is a bit down, but I never expected him to hate that boy for that.”

“Did he say what his name is?”

“I didn’t ask.”

“Why?”

“His mood change when we talk about it.”

“Sounds bad.”

Jinki nods.

“I told my mom, he should be treated. He was depressed. But mom doesn’t want it. Mom said he just throwing some tantrums. But he wasn’t a kid anymore. Why throwing tantrums. But mom doesn’t want him to be treated like a mental illness patient. And I choose to keep quiet.”

“How bad his depression is oppa?”

“He doesn’t go to college for days. I flew there just to talk to him. You know, men suffering from depression are four times more likely to commit suicide than women. I was worried. He is a bit okay after I brainwashed him and he started to go to college, but he chooses to befriend with bad boys who were taking drugs, alcohol and stuff.”

“Omo, did he take drugs?”

“He didn’t, but he comes to be a lady killer. He is not depressed anymore, but he is not him anymore. I see a different Lee Taemin.”

“That’s why he lives as a Casanova. He got the women, but not love.”

Jinki sighs once again.

“He said to me, he can’t stop because it’s the only thing that he can surpass the boy, women.”

“I don’t know if I should pity him or not.”

“Don’t Zyra. He chooses wrongly. What’s the big deal in being second or two? He still becomes a successful man and takes over my dad’s company. He brought it to a higher level too.”

Zyra nods. She knows about it. Jinki had told her when he brought her to his parent’s house in UK once.

“Maybe because he likes to be the center of attraction.”

“I think so. He is pampered since he was little. I grow up in Korea with my grandparents; I just went there during holidays. I admit that he is popular, even though he got the Asian look.”

“He got the look and brain. He has to be satisfied with that.”

“I know.”

Zyra sighs.

“What do we do about him oppa?”

“I don’t know chagiya. He needs to help himself.”

“We can help him right?”

“Do you think so?”

Zyra nods, smiling.

“I don’t like him, yes, but I can’t stay still after I know why he became like this.”

Jinki laughs.

“Why? We should let him know that he is wrong. We have to heal him with love and care oppa.”

“Okay. I know why mom likes you.”

Zyra smiles.

“I’m straightforward oppa, but I’m not a bad person.”

“I know you aren’t.”

“So, did he still have the depression?”

“I don’t know.”

“What did you know oppa?”

Jinki grins and scratch his head.

“It’s because he wasn’t home most of the time. He just come home once in a while.”

“I think he still had a bit of it oppa. Look at his room.”

“Do you think he did something in there?”

“Aniyo. It’s too dark. Dark curtain, dark bed sheets, as well as the paints and furniture. It’s very creepy in there.”

Jinki chuckles.

“I’ll talk to Taemin. I’ll ask him if he still have the grudge on the boy.”

“You should do that. And now, I have to go home. It’s late.”

“Okay, kaja.”

                                                                                                ***

Sulli wipes her hand when the door bell ring.

“Finish this ahjumma, I’ll take the door.”

Sulli walks to the door with slow steps.

He opens the door and was greeted with a bouquet of flower.

The person was hiding his face with the bouquet which makes her cocked her head to see him.

“Who?”

She asks when she fails to guess who the person is.

“Hi.”

Sulli widens her eyes.

“Oppa.”

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, an update…

Taemin suffers from depressions…

Depression is not a good thing; so, one had to get treatment…

When you’re depressed, it can feel like you’ll never get out from under a dark shadow. However, even the most severe depression is treatable. So, if your depression is keeping you from living the life you want to, don’t hesitate to seek help.

Stay healthy and be happy..

Love you all…

^__________^