B E T R O T H . L O V E

Betrothed Marriage
NG’S MANSION
`
“Morning, dad”

Upon hearing the voice of his only son, Henry turned over and looked up. “Morning”

“Young master Ron, your breakfast.” Marie, the maid of the house served him immediately with his breakfast.

“Thanks Marie.” Ron smile. “Dad, I have heard from Uncle Pete that you have something to tell me.”

Henry sighed. “Yes, but I hope that you would prepare yourself first.”

“Um, O… Okay.” He nodded. “Is it very serious?”

“Yes, very serious.”

“Okay, then say dad.”

“Um, alright” Henry nodded putting away his newspaper; he took off his spectacles turning his head looking at Ron. “Ron, I have agreed on the betrothed marriage of our family and the Wu family.”

“O…Okay. So…”

“You are …is the only son of our family and we are betrothing you with Uncle Wu’s eldest daughter, Myolie.”

He enlarged his eyes staring at Henry after hearing the word. “What? You are betrothing me with Myolie. But we are only friends.”

“I know, but I have no choice. I need the help of your Uncle Wu.”

“What help?”

“Our company is in debt and we owe the bank HK$24 millions.”

“Why do we owe the bank such a huge sum of money?”

Henry sighed. “Your uncle failed to deliver the job well and on time for NOEL enterprise. So we have to compensate their lost.”

“So we have to pay them HK$24 millions. But I thought we have enough finance to backup us. Why did we get the loan from the bank?”

“We did have but … I used the money to pay off the debt your brother-in-law owes for losing his shares.”

“What? Dad, why do you want to do that? The money belongs to the company, not ours.”

“I have no choice.” He sighed. “Ron, you are my only hope.
Once Myolie and you get married then Uncle Wu would buy
off our company shares and pay off the debt for us.”

“But dad… you know that the one I love is Tavia. How could I?”

“I am sorry my son. But I am at the end of wits. If not for this, I won’t agree to it.” He taps his hand onto Ron’s shoulder. “Myolie is a good girl. Both of you could work it out.”

Ron sighed shaking his head. “But Tavia… How do I tell her about this?”

“I am sorry.”

“Is not your fault either” Ron smiles. “I will find my way.”

“Thanks Ron” Henry forced out a smile looking at his son. “Tonight, we are meeting Uncle Wu’s family 7 at Sts Dell.”

Ron nodded. “Okay. Dad, I am meeting Tavia. So I shall see you tonight.”

“Okay.” He nodded.

`

DONE!
Pardon me if any grammar and spelling mistakes
I will try to change and make it better
`
xiaojo production
tuesday,19 october,2010