M E A N T . T O . B E . K N O W N

Betrothed Marriage
CHAPTER 7
`
WONG & CHAN PEDIATRICIAN CLINIC

`
“Hey bro, how are you? Great?”
“Bosco! Where have you been? I have been searching for you for two years”

“After that incidence at Kenya, I stayed there being a volunteer doctor with The Force.”

“You should let me know or let…Myolie know. Do you know she is damn worried for you?”

Bosco sighed. “Bro, promise me something.”

“What?”

“Don’t tell Myolie that I am back. Not even Nancy, okay?”

Samuel look at him puzzled. “Why? You should let her know, she your girlfriend.”

“Myolie and I will never have a chance to be together.”

“Why? What happened, Bosco? What happened to you?”

“Not…Nothing. Just don’t ask me anymore.” Bosco sighed. “Anyway Bro, is my office still in?”

Samuel laughs “Your office is obviously still in. It hasn’t become a store room yet.”

“Thanks bro, I will report to work tomorrow.”

“Sure, you can have your patients back now.”

Bosco smile “Didn’t you take all my patients?”

“Nope, you are sure that you don’t want to let Myolie know. But I need to let you know that Myolie is getting married. A betrothed marriage.”

“Re…Really, that’s great.” He sighed. “Bro, I have something else to do. I shall see you tomorrow.”

“Okay” Samuel nodded.
`
GRACIA CAFÉ
`
Ron parked his silver SLK at the curb side of the road. He alights his vehicle walking straight into the café situated just near the roadside, walking into the café he sat down at his usual spot ordered his usual drink. ‘Life will never be the same from now.’

“Sir, here’s your black coffee.”

“Thanks” He sipped off a sip of his coffee sighing looking at his watch on his wrist. “Another hour left.”

“Ron”

Upon hearing his own name, he raised up his head at the girl in front of him. “Leila”

“What are you doing here?”

“Coffee”

“Don’t you need to work?” Leila smile.

“Not now, I am going to the bridal studio in a while time.”
Leila’s eyes widen as soon as she heard bridal studio. “Tavia and you are getting married.”

“I am getting married but the bride is not Tav.”

“What? Why?” She exclaimed.

“A betrothed marriage between the Ng and Wu family”
“Betrothed? You mean you are getting married with Myolie.”

He nodded. “Yes”

“Does Tavia know?”
“Nope, I haven’t told her about it but I will.” He assured her. “So Leila do me a favor, don’t let her know Okays.”
“Sure.” Leila nodded. “Did Myolie agreed with it? What about Bosco?”

Ron sighed. “She has no choice too. As for Bosco, she doesn’t have his news yet.”

“Um”

“Where are you heading to?”

“Office”

“Do you need me to give you a lift? I am going off soon.”

Leila shook her head. “Is okay, I drove today.”

“Okay” He nodded and stood up from the chair with his cup of coffee in his hand leaving the café.

`
GRACEFUL BRIDAL STUDIO
`

Myolie pushed opened the transparent door that leads to the studio. She walks right into the studio to where Ron was sitting. “Are you here for very long?”

“No, 5 minutes before you.”

“Ok” She nodded. “What are we waiting?”

“The gowns and suit”

She nodded again as she sit next to Ron. “Tav came to me office today”

“Wh…What?”

“Yes, she told me that she can sense you are keeping something from her and wouldn’t tell her what it was. She was paranoid.”

“I plan to tell her but …” He sighed.

“She is really worried and paranoid. You love her isn’t it?”

“Of course”

“Then let her know. You don’t want her to be the last to know right? It will really hurt her a lot and Tav can’t take it.”

“Ok, I will tell her as soon as possible.” Ron sighed. “I saw Leila today.”

“Is it? Where did you saw her?”

“Gracia Café”

“Did you tell her?”

“Yes, but she promise not to tell Tavia and allow me to tell her myself.”

“Good”

As they were chatting happily in the bridal studio, the assistants walk out of the huge open closet with gown and suit in her hands walking over towards them. “Mr. Ng and Ms. Wu, this is the gown and suit selected for you. If it is alright then you may proceed to the changing room. The photographer is waiting at the studio behind.”

“Thanks” Both of them took over the gown and suit respectively then walk over to the changing room.

`

“Bosco”
Hearing his name, Bosco turned over looking at the petite lady in white top and jeans in front of him with a wide smile. “Tavia, how are you?”

“Gr…Great” She reply promptly. “When did you come back?”

“Just arrived yesterday”

“Oh, did Myolie know about it?”

“No” He shook his head. “Promise me not to tell her that you saw me.”

“Why?”

He sighed. “Just promise me. I have my own reason.”

“Al…Alright” She nodded with a smile. “So where have you been all these years?”

“I am in Kenya working as a volunteer doctor with The Force organization.”

“Oh, why didn’t you let Myolie know? Do you know she is worried?”

“I …I know” He sighed. “But … I …I got to let her down.”

“Why? What happened, Bosco?”

“Not…Nothing.” He smile “Where are you going?”

“Lunch”

Bosco nodded. “If you don’t mind, can we have it together?”

“Sure” She nodded and walk together with Bosco down the path of the street.

“How’s Ron?”

“He is good” She replies and stop immediately outside a bridal studio along the street looking at the mannequin gown. “This is nice”

Bosco stops immediately after hearing her comment, turning back he smile. “Yeah, it is really nice. You can hint Ron about it.”

“Um, not…not so fast I bet.” She sighed. “Ron” As soon as she saw Ron inside the bridal studio, she pushed opened the door entering into the studio. “Ron”

“Tav…Tavia, why are you here?”

“I met Bosco and we are going for lunch together. Why are you here?”

“I…I….”

“Wow! Ms Wu, you look gorgeous in this gown.” The assistant praises as soon as Myolie stepped out of the changing room.

“Thanks” She smile

Tavia move her attention over to the voice coming from behind Ron with widen eyes. “Myolie, why…why are you here and…you and Ron…”

“Tav…Tavia” She stood hard onto the ground as she sees Tavia with shocked expression and slowly shifts her attention to the familiar man beside her. “Bos…Bosco, you…”

“What was happening?” Tavia exclaimed.

“Tavia, listen to me.” Ron walks forward putting both his hands on her shoulder. “I am having a …a …betrothed marriage with Myolie.”

“What? What did you say, Ron?” Her tears filled her eyes as soon as she hears the news.

“I am marrying Myolie”

“N…No. Impossible, how could it be? Myolie loves Bosco and he is back.”

“Tavia, I am sorry. Dad’s company is in deep trouble and only Myolie’s dad could help us.”

“N…No, is a …a …is lie right, Ron. Tell me, is a joke.” Her tears finally flowed uncontrollably.

Ron sighed. “I am sorry”

She closes her eyes as her tears flowed taking a deep breath, she turned and dashed out of the bridal studio with tears still flowing.

“Tavia” Ron screamed.

“Go Ron, go chased her. What are you waiting for?” Myolie exclaimed.

“I …” With Myolie’s word, he dashed out of the studio running on the route where Tavia might have run before.

Seeing Ron running out of the studio, Myolie sighed and shift her glance to the man who she is always waiting and is now standing right in front of her. “Bosco” With that, she run into his embrace hugging him tightly. “Bosco, I ... I missed you, I really missed you.”

“Myolie” Hugging her into his embrace, Bosco sighed silently.

`

Thanks for reading.
Hope for your comments.

`

xiaojo production
monday, 22 november, 2010