B E T R O T H . M I S S I N G <3

Betrothed Marriage
INFINITY INTERIOR DESIGN GROUP
`
“Good morning, Ms Wu.” Receptionist, Shirley greeted as soon as a lady in pink top and black pants step out of the lift.

She nodded her head with a smile. “Morning, Shirley.”

“Ms Wu, CEO wants to see you in his office.”

“Okay, Thanks.” She nodded and walks straight into the office greeted by employees of the company; she finally reached the CEO’s office. She knocks onto the door waiting for the reply from inside, she enters. “Dad, are you looking for me?”

“Oh Myolie, you are here. I have something to talk you.” Her dad, Herbert raises his head up from the piles of document looking at her with a smile. “Have a seat.”

“What was it?” She sits down onto the empty chair in front of Herbert and beside her sister, Nancy. “Is it something urgent?”

“Sort of” Nancy replies.

“What happened dad?”

He sighed. “Myolie, you are my eldest daughter right?”

“Yes.”

“And you know that our family and the Ng’s family are best friends right?”

“Yes” She nodded. “What happened, dad? Can you please go straight to the point?”

“Okay. I betrothed you to Uncle Ng’s son, Ron.” He broke the shocking news straight without hesitation.

Hearing the news from her dad, Myolie laughs. “Unbelievable. Are you kidding?”

“No. I am serious.”

“Ron would never ever agree with this. He has a girlfriend and we all know who she is.”

“He has no choice but to agree with it.”

“What?”

“Yes sis, Ron has no choice but to agree with the wedding.” Nancy said. “Uncle Ng’s company is in deep now and they need the help of our company.”

Myolie turns looking at Nancy with a stunning look. “Deep ?”

“Yes.” Nancy nodded. “They owe the bank HK$24 millions.”

“Wow, that’s a lot. So we agreed to help them pay this 24 millions.”

“No.” Herbert exclaimed. “We bought over most of their company shares.”

“Then now our turn to be in debt.”

“Listen up Myolie, I hasn’t finished.” Herbert exclaimed. “The amount that we bought over their shares is to help them pay off their debt. From then on, we will be the actual boss of that company.”

“Oh, then why must I marry Ron? Isn’t this a way to solve their problem?”

“This is a way but grandpa said before in both grandpa Ng and grandpa’s pact that if any side of the family who needs help from the other. Then both families must become in-laws.”

Upon hearing what Nancy got to say, Myolie sighed. “Why did grandpa state this?”

“Beats us” Nancy shook her head. “You can ask grandpa at his tomb.” She giggles.

“Not funny.” She rolled her eyes.

“Myolie, I know this is a shocking thing for you but in order to help them you have no choice.”

“I know.”

“Good, that’s my girl.” He heaved a sigh of relief. “We are meeting the Ng’s family tonight 7 at Sts Dells.”

“Okay, I know.” She nodded. “Dad, do you have anything else to tell me? If not I returned to my office first.”

“Okay.” Herbert nodded. “Nancy, tell Myolie more about the project between us and Miracles.”

“Yes, dad” She nodded her head and stood up from the chair as soon as Myolie leaves the room. She followed her sister back to the office, sitting opposite of her she smile.
Myolie looks at Nancy with a stern expression. “What?”

“Nothing, what’s your feeling of marrying Ron? You know the both of you have been paired up by those uncles and aunties.”

“No feeling. What feelings do you want me to have?” She retorted.

“Happy?”

Myolie shook her head. “No.”

“Sad?”

“Sad? Why will I be sad when I am marrying to him?” She gave Nancy a ridiculous look of why would she be sad. “Okay Nanc, what do you want to tell me about the project?”

“Oh. I nearly forget about it.” She flips open the file that was in front of her then passing it over to Myolie. “We are collaborating with Miracles to build a new apartment at Happy Valley.”

“New apartment? What new apartment?”

“It will be something like our Melodic Heavens.”

She nods her head while listening and reading the proposal. “Okay. What about the land? Have we got one?”

“Um, dad says the Miracles will get it. We will just settle with the interior design of the building will do and they will do the outer design.”

“Okay.” She nods her head with satisfaction then passed the file back to Nancy.

“What?”

“This is your case, isn’t it?”

“But …”

“No but Nancy. My Melodic Heavens is not done yet. It has just finished selling. There is still lots of work to do.”

“Okay.” She sighed upon receiving back the file from her sister; standing up from the chair she leaves the room.

Seeing Nancy leaving the room, Myolie opens up her side drawing retrieving from inside a brown rectangular photo frame. She brings the photo frame right in front of her and sighed while looking at the frame. ‘How I wish it is you?’ As soon as she finishes her words, her tears flow down.

`

DONE!
pardon me for any grammar and spelling mistakes.
lastly,
your comments matters.
=)
`
xiaojo production
tuesday,19 october,2010