viii

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

Evanescent VIII

 

The next day, Luhan was sitting beside Kyungsoo, talking about some random stuff when Kai entered the room, everyone was shocked, everyone's jaw literally fell and everyone means Kyungsoo was shocked as well.

Kai is wearing his uniform neatly matching it with a pair of black school shoes, his bag hanging on his shoulders, his earrings were gone, his long hair (now straight, and fluffy) fell straight down to his forehead, and slightly covering his eyes.

Guys looked at him in awe, and girls were containing their squeals, afraid that Kai might get mad. It was like a school flower boy had just entered their classroom. 

"Here." Luhan handed Kyungsoo a piece of tissue, his gaze not leaving Kai.

"What's this for?" Kyungsoo asked his friend, but still staring at Kai.

"Wipe your drool." He muttered, still looking at Kai. Kyungsoo then stopped looking at Kai, and tried to wipe his mouth using his hand, but there was no drool. Kyungsoo then looked at his friend to complain. "Hey—" Kyungsoo scoffed.

"I think you need this more than I do." He said when he noticed the drool falling on his friend's mouth. Luhan was taken aback so he shook his head, and touched his mouth to see if there really is a drool. And there is. 

"What the hell?! Ew." Luhan cursed as he immediately wiped his mouth with a tissue. "Oh god, I need water." Luhan said as he grab his metal tumbler below his table.

"Good morning." Kai greeted the smaller which cause Luhan to choke on his water.

"U-uh, good morning." Kyungsoo greeted back, and then Kai sat beside Kyungsoo.

"Yah, yah, what was that? Did he just greet you?!" Luhan whispered as he nudges Kyungsoo's side.

"I guess." Kyungsoo said. Luhan, was about to ask more, but the teacher entered the classroom. The teacher's eyes (widened) was on Kai for a second but then he shook his head, and greeted the students. He checked the attendance after that.

The mathematics teacher started discussing stuff, and then he gave some exercises after. Kyungsoo was focused on his paper when suddenly someone poked his arm.

"Yah, squishy, how do you solve this part—" Kai's question was suddenly interrupted by a loud series of laughter, causing everyone to look at the owner of the laughter—Lu Han.

"What's funny, Luhan?" The teacher asked him. Luhan immediately coughed, and stopped laughing. When the teacher turned around Luhan started laughing again, but this time, there were no sounds. Kai then glared at him, and stood up to punch him. Luhan's eyes widened as he stopped laughing, he then closed his eyes, and waited for the punch...but there was none. 

"Yah, Kai. Stop it. He's my friend." Kyungsoo muttered as he hold the taller's wrist. Kai then gave Luhan one last glare, and sat down.Luhan's eyes widened as he gasps.

"Oh my god." Luhan whispered to himself.

"What happened to you?" Kyungsoo asked.

"D-did you... d-did Kai... oh my god!" Luhan stuttered, and then he started laughing silently again.

"What's funny?" Kai glared at him again, but Luhan was not scared anymore, because Kyungsoo is beside him.

"Whipped." He mouthed to Kai. Kai got what he said, and was about to attack him again, but Kyungsoo gave him a glare. Luhan started laughing again while his tongue stuck out to Kai. With no choice, Kai gritted his teeth, and sat down.

 

"Hey, hey guys! Guess what?" Luhan shouted when he and Kyungsoo arrived on their usual table. There they found Chanyeol, and Baekhyun already having their lunch, without them.

"I'll guess. You're still in love with Oh Sehun." Baekhyun muttered, making Luhan rolls his eyes.

"Sehun? Isn't that the guy in our chemistry class?" Kyungsoo tried to remember the Sehun guy's face. "Oh yeah, I remember! The cold looking guy, who kept on glancing at Luhan! Are you guys...." Kyungsoo didn't finish his sentence when he glanced at  the tomato red Luhan.

"Sehun kept on glancing at him? Are you sure?" Chanyeol asked, tilting his head on the side.

"Yeah, I'm pretty much sure." Kyungsoo shrugged, "Are you guys dating?" he asked Luhan, and Luhan just shook his head as a reply to the smaller.

"You see, Luhan likes Sehun a lot, since.. who knows for how long, but yeah, Sehun kept on shoo-ing him away, and of course Luhan being the usual Luhan, didn't want to give up, although we already told him to. And then one time... uh.." Chanyeol didn't know what to say next.. okay well maybe he knows but he was not sure if Luhan was okay sharing his one sided love story, so Chanyeol looked at Luhan for a permission, and he got a sigh from Luhan. Luhan decided to continue Chanyeol's story. "One time, he shouted at me in front of all the students saying that he hates me, I irritate him and that I should stop following him." Luhan explained, and shrugged.

"O-Oh, so you..." Kyungsoo tried to asked something.

"Yeah, I kinda gave up. It's pretty tiring too you know. I always follow him around, and he just keeps on shoving me away. He doesn't seems like he's ever gonna care. It's always been like that." So what's the point right?" Luhan laughed, but the pain was pretty obvious. 

"BUT! That's not what I was trying to say earlier. Yah! Byun Baekhyun, why didn't you attend class earlier? You just missed the best part of the class." Luhan beamed, pushing all aside his 'Sehun' thoughts.

"Well, I have to accompany Chanyeol for something. Best part of the class? please, there's no fun in class unless it's free time." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Well, not exactly class, but hey! Kai likes Kyungsoo!" Luhan said, and clapped.

"WHAT?!" The three of them shouted at Luhan (yes, that includes Kyungsoo).

"Yah! What are you saying?!" Kyungsoo scolded Luhan, but Luhan rolled his eyes, and shoved Kyungsoo away from his face.

"Explain!" Baekhyun shouted in excitement.

"Well okay, it's like this... First, since you ditch Kyungsoo, I decided to join him, and sit next to him. We were chatting about things, when suddenly Kai entered the room, wearing his complete uniform! Can you even believe that? And as much as I hate to say this, I drooled over him! Like ew! And then, his hair, oh my god, he put down his hair! It was so fluffy. To summarize all, he was so handsome I hate to admit it, he was like a school flower boy and—" Luhan's story was stopped when they heard a loud bang at their back, the four of them stopped on what they were doing, and looked back. It was Oh Sehun.

Oh Sehun slammed his fist at the table, getting almost all the attention of the students inside the cafeteria, including Luhan. When their eyes met, Luhan immediately looked away. Sehun scoffed, and stood up, leaving the cafeteria. Feeling the awkward situation, Baekhyun coughed, and asked something.

"Uh, so how does your story connects about Kai liking Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked, as he stared at Luhan weirdly. Luhan then sipped on his water, and started again.

"O-Oh yeah, I'm not yet finished! Second, Kai sat beside Kyungsoo. Third, Kai was lecturing! May I repeat, Kai was lecturing. Then, the teacher left us some exercises to answer, and then Kai answered, I repeat, Kai answered, can you even believe that? I know you can't, so moving on, Kai asked Kyungsoo for a little help about solving something, and- this is the funniest part, Kai called Kyungsoo squishy!!" Luhan stopped talking to laugh. Chanyeol, and Baekhyun erupted into laughter too. Kyungsoo just glared at them. 

"Wait I'm not done, and then fifth, I laughed my off, the teacher caught me so I stopped, and then I laughed again, Kai caught me and he got mad. He was about to punch me, when suddenly Kyungsoo told him to stop because I'm his friend. AND GUYS! Kai actually stopped and sat down! I laughed again at Kai's action, and he was about to punch me again but Kyungsoo glared at him so he sat again. I just laughed at him the whole time! I called him whipped, but he was defenseless because Kyungsoo was beside me! Oh my god, I feel so happy seeing Kai so defenseless!!" Luhan finished while laughing.

"Yah, that doesn't mean Kai likes me. So stop making things up, okay?" Kyungsoo punched Luhan on his side.

"Actually Kyungsoo, Luhan's right. I think Kai likes you." Baekhyun laughed at the clueless guy.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked, confused.

"Nothing. Hey, I thought you're supposed to be tutoring Kai right now?" Baekhyun changed the topic.

"Oh yeah, about that. I asked him to give me a break." 

"And he actually did?"

"Yeah."

"But why would Kai wear his uniform, and actually participate in class?" Chanyeol asked his friends.

"I don't know. Maybe someone told him to." Baekhyun smirked as he look at Kyungsoo.

"What? I didn't ask him to wear his uniform okay? But.. Okay, I did ask him to participate in class." Kyungsoo explained, and Luhan laughed.

"Kai is totally whipped." Luhan laughed while hitting the table with his fist.

"Yeah, totally." Baekhyun laughed too.

"Why are you guys..." Kyungsoo looked at them weirdly.

"Just don't mind them." Chanyeol said as he eats his lunch.

 


 

Author's Note: Hi readers! I hope you guys really like this update. Thank you for reading!