i

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent I

 

The ray of the sun hit Kyungsoo's face which caused him to open his eyes, he rubbed his eyes to be able to adjust from the light in his room. Kyungsoo carefully stood up from his bed to wash his face, and brush his teeth. He got out after, and stayed on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

After a few minutes inside his room, Kyungsoo decided to have some breakfast. His mom, and dad are already there, having their breakfast. When his mom spotted him in the stairs, she immediately stood up and helped her son walk downstairs.

"Kyungsoo, it's only 6 in the morning, why are you up? Is there something wrong?" His mother asked looking at her son in worry. Ever since Kyungsoo's parents knew his condition, they became strict.

When Kyungsoo was on his 12th grade, he started having severe headaches. He vomits almost 3-4 times a day. His parents wanted him to schedule for a check-up, but he refused, saying that they don't have to worry, and it will probably be okay in a few days. But it didn't stop. Instead, it became worse.

Kyungsoo was a very good tennis player. He was the best out of all the members in the tennis club. But he was getting sick, he started losing his high stamina. He was easily getting weak and tired. Small bruises started appearing on his skin, and he didn't even know where he got those.

Few weeks later, his parents decided to take their son for a check-up. This time, Kyungsoo didn't say anything, he didn't protest, because at this point, he was also worried.

At the age of 19, Kyungsoo is suffering from a terrible disease, leukemia, stage II. His parents had a break down after hearing it from the doctor, but Kyungsoo remained silent, his face remained blank, and impassive. He looked at his mom who's now on the floor, crying, and then his dad who is hugging, comforting his mom. A tear fell from Kyungsoo's eyes at the sight, but his face remained blank.

Deep inside, his heart shattered into pieces.

He doesn't deserve this. Kyungsoo had always been a good guy. He's friendly, and treat everyone fairly. He's smart, and helps the people who need his help, it doesn't matter if it's about their studies or personal problems. He is always there to help anyone.

Kyungsoo's parents didn't even let him finish his last year of high school. When they found out their son's state, they immediately pulled him out of his school, and forced him to quit tennis. Kyungsoo became lonely. Every single day, he wakes up staring at his white, boring room, not knowing what to do next. He always ended up watching movies that he already finished watching for the nth time. He studies, and eats inside his room. Kyungsoo rarely leaves his room, that's why his mom was shocked when she saw her son having his way downstairs, alone.

"Mom, dad, I want to go back to school." Kyungsoo whispered, but both of his parents clearly heard what he said. His dad looked at him, and his mom stopped eating, but she still didn't look at her son.

"Kyungsoo, we already talked about this." Kyungsoo's mom said as she wipes the side of her lips using the napkin. True, they already talked about this. Kyungsoo should remain only in this house. It's dangerous for him to go outside. Kyungsoo is their only child, and his mom is so afraid of losing him, but Kyungsoo wants freedom, and that freedom would make him happy again.

"I know mom, but I really want to study, I want to make friends like before. Mom, dad, please allow me to go back to school. I promise, to focus only on my studies, and I will not play tennis. I won't make my self tired." Kyungsoo explained. His dad looked like he was convinced but his mom was far from that. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't like her son away from this house, away from her.

"Mom, I spent a year here in the house alone and lonely, waking up with nothing to do but to watch movies I already watched a hundred times. Please." Kyungsoo pleaded.

"Then continue doing that. It's safer for you to be here than outside." His mom said, looking at his son directly to the eyes.

"Mom, please. You know my life wouldn't last long, so please, help me do what I want to do while I'm still here. Staying here would kill me." Kyungsoo said, tears slowly running down his cheeks. For a moment, seeing his mother face, he thought her mom would already agree, but she didn't.

"You will not go back to school, and that's the end of our conversation. We're done talking." Her mom said, as she stood up from her seat. Kyungsoo stared at his mother's back as she got upstairs. Kyungsoo's mom rubbed her cheeks, wiping the tears away from her face as she gets out from Kyungsoo's sight. Kyungsoo felt a pang of guilt because of his choice of words earlier. You know my life wouldn't last long. 'I'm sorry mom.' Kyungsoo muttered with tears.

"Hey son, I'm not against with you, going back to school. Just keep the promises you said earlier okay?" His dad smiled at his son as he pats Kyungsoo's back.

"What about mom?" Kyungsoo cried.

"Don't worry about your mom, I'll talk to her. Just don't make me regret my decision okay?" His dad said. Kyungsoo, nodded with a smile on his face. After a whole year, he smiled again, and it felt good for his father to see that smile again. He knew his son will never disappoint him.

"Thank you very much dad."

 

Kyungsoo heard a couple of knocks in his door when he was about to fall asleep, he got up again from his bed to open the door, but he wasn't expecting to see her mom outside, waiting for him to open the door. Kyungsoo's mom hugged him tight and started sobbing. Kyungsoo didn't talk, and hugged his mother back. They stayed like that for a while.

"Mom, what happened?" Kyungsoo asked his mom as he wipes his mother's tears away.

"I'm sorry, Soo." Her mother said between his sobs.

"Mom, it's okay now. If you don't really want me to go to school, it's fine. I won't go. I know you're just worried about me. Just please stop crying mom, I don't want to see you crying." Kyungsoo pleaded as he continued brush his mother's tears away.

"Your dad and I decided to enroll you back to school—" Kyungsoo didn't even let her mother finish her sentence because of happiness.

"Really?! Mom?! Thank you very much!!!" Kyungsoo squealed between his huge smile, his eyes started tearing up because of gaiety as he gave his mother a tight hug. His mother smiled at the sight. She finally saw Kyungsoo, her son, smiling again.

"You're smiling again." Her mom said as she began tearing up again. She suddenly felt that she was the reason why his son suffered, and became lonely for a year, It was all her fault. She should have done this earlier.

"Thank you, Mom." Kyungsoo hugged his mom with a smile on his face. His mom hugged back with a smile.

"Always smile, okay? You look good when you smile." His mom said, and Kyungsoo nodded.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello! Hope you liked the first chapter :-)