iii

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

 

Evanescent III

 

 

"What were you thinking?!" It was already their lunch break, and Baekhyun immediately grabbed his new friend away from his seat.

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked him as he let Baekhyun drag him. Maybe they're going to the canteen.

"What did you choose that seat? You should have chose the vacant seat at the center!" Baekhyun lectured without Kyungsoo knowing why.

"What's wrong? I wanted to sit beside the window, but all was taken so I decided to chose the closest one." Kyungsoo explained to his new friend.

"But your seat mate is Kai! Ughh!!" Baekhyun said as he ruffle his hair in frustration.

"Kai?" The new student asked as he tilt his head side wards. Baekhyun sighs.

"I'll tell you later. For now, let's go to the canteen, I'll introduce you to my other friends." Kyungsoo grew excited because of that.

 

"Hey guys, this is Do Kyungsoo, our new friend. Kyungsoo, these are Luhan, and Chanyeol." Baekhyun introduced Kyungsoo. The new guy smiled at them, and gave them a bow. Kyungsoo's two new friends smiled back. The Luhan guy who has a doe-eye like him, palmed his cheeks saying that he looks so squishy and cute. Kyungsoo blushed at the compliment  which made his new friends laugh. He felt so happy, satisfied, and wonderful. This is what he wanted, friends that he can be with, friends that he can laugh with.

"So what about Kai?" Kyungsoo opened the topic. Chanyeol choked on his banana milk, Baekhyun stopped eating, and Luhan rolled his eyes. Their reactions made Kyungsoo more curious.

"How did you know that bastard?" Luhan asked, giving Kyungsoo a disgusted look.

"He sits next to me, and uh he jumped off the window while the teacher was discussing." Kyungsoo explained.

"Baekhyun! Why did you let him sit beside Kai?!" Chanyeol shouted at Baekhyun.

"Yah! Don't shout at me you giant! I did not let him sit beside Kai, he chose his seat himself. I was shocked too okay?" Baekhyun explained grinding his teeth at the giant beside him. Setting aside the fighting friends, Luhan decided to talk.

"First, Kai's real name is Kim Jongin, but don't call him that, he hates it. If you call him that, he's going to end your existence in this school, because basically, he can do whatever he wants because his the only son of the owner of this school. So just call him Kai. Second, call this cliche, but Kai is a leader of a gang, so frankly he's a gangster- ugh I hate that word- so, don't try to messing with him or something if you don't want to get beaten up, and lastly if he's mad or not in the mood he'll punch the guy beside him right away, without hesitating, and that is the reason why that chair remains empty, but you, who doesn't know a single thing about him, chose to sit beside that bastard. So yeah, that's why we are worried. Just be careful." Luhan explained while eating his panini sandwich. Kyungsoo wondered, is he that dangerous? Jongin... Jongin sounds better than Kai, so why does he need to change his name?

"But why are you so mad at him?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Ex... best friend." Luhan simply said, his face became blank.

"O-oh." Kyungsoo nodded.

 

 

Two semesters passed, and Kyungsoo remained top 1 over all. His parents were so proud. True, he didn't disappoint his parents, plus they even thought they made a very good decision in making their son enter school again. 

About his seatmate, Kyungsoo didn't really mind him that much, but sometimes he will feel uneasy because the guy was staring at him. When Kyungsoo first saw Kai jumped the window, he didn't really know that that was also the last time he will see the mysterious guy jump so far. His friends told him that he always jump off the window though. Kyungsoo's friends adviced him to stop being curious about Kai. So he did.

But there was this day or two that Kai wasn't really paying attention to the teacher. He was just staring at Kyungsoo the whole subject, and that made Kyungsoo feel uneasy, but he didn't mind him, and continued to study. He wanted to face the guy and asked what is his problem, but Kyungsoo was scared he refused to make a scene with the guy. He was scared that if he asks, Kai will get mad, and do something bad to him, so he remained silent even if he felt so uncomfortable with Kai staring him the whole subject.

"Kyungsoo, I need to talk to you later, recess." The teacher said to Kyungsoo, being a good student he is, he nodded and continued to lecture. He looked at his left, Kai didn't attend his class today. Kyungsoo sighed thankfully, because no one is staring at him right now.

 

"Sir? You wanted to talk to me?" Kyungsoo asked the teacher. The teacher nodded, and pointed the chair in front of him, signaling Kyungsoo to sit. Kyungsoo sat and looked at the teacher.

"Kyungsoo, I'm very sorry but I really need you to do this. I have no choice, and please know that you don't have any choice either." The teacher said as he massaged his temple. Kyungsoo became nervous. He definitely didn't know what is happening. All he knows is he didn't do anything wrong. All he did in this school is to study, make friends, and eat during recess, and lunch.

"W-what happened, sir?" He asked nervously.

"You are the top student in our class, so I need you to tutor someone." His teacher said, Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh, and smiled. He thought it was something serious.

"It's okay sir. I'm sure it won't affect my grades if I tutor someone. I'll do my best." Kyungsoo said with a huge smile on his face. the teacher bowed his head.

"He's not just someone." The teacher said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"What do you mean sir?" Kyungsoo said, still smiling.

"I-its... You're tutoring Kai." The teacher sighed.

"K-kai?" Kyungsoo asked, his smile fading.

"Yes, Kyungsoo I'm sorry."

"C-can't you assign somebody else?" Kyungsoo asked.

"No, I'm so sorry. He said he wants you to tutor him, so I can't do anything about it." Kyungsoo then wondered, he wants me to tutor him? W-why does he have to choose me... I'm scared.

"I-I guess I'll do it." Kyungsoo shrugged nervously.

"Thank you, Kyungsoo. You may take your break now."

 


 
Author's Note: -