xi

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent XI

 

"It was 10 in the evening when someone knocked on the Do's house. Mrs. Do was the one who decided to open the door, revealing an unfamiliar tanned guy standing behind the door.

"Uh, can I ask who are you?"  Mrs. Do asked the guy politely as she can.

"Good e-evening Mrs. Do, u-uh you don't really know me but I'm Kai. Kyungsoo's..... uh... K-Kyungsoo has been tutoring m-me." Kai stuttered.

"Oh.. Well, Kyungsoo is.. uhm.. not hom— I mean he's sleeping. Yes, he's sleeping already. I suggest you just talk to him tomorrow." Mrs. Do said as she repeatedly looks inside the house, and then to Kai. Kai noticed this and sighed. Maybe Kyungsoo really doesn't want to see him today. 

Kai nodded, and bid his good bye to Kyungsoo's mom. As Kai walks outside, he can't help but take a glance on the window. He knew Kyungsoo's still awake because of the light in his room, and he was also sure that Kyungsoo doesn't want to talk to him, but he really do want to talk to Kyungsoo.

Kai waited for some minutes, and then when the other room's lights was switched off (Kyungsoo's parents room), Kai grabbed a rock, and threw it on Kyungsoo's window. 

Kyungsoo clearly hears the rock hitting his window, and he knew it was Kai, but he didn't want to open it. He didn't want to see Kai. At least not today. He was scared.

When the rocks stop hitting Kyungsoo's window, he stood up to checked the window. Kai was gone. Kyungsoo sighed, he didn't know why, but he was disappointed. 

Kyungsoo opened his window, and walked to the balcony for a better view. He tried to let out a smile, because of a beautiful sight as he remembers the day Kai confessed to him.

He almost shouted when arms were suddenly wrapped on his waist, but then he settled down when he realized who it was. Kai.

"K-Kai." Kyungsoo stuttered as he tried to let Kai's arms off him, but he failed. Kyungsoo gave up let Kai's hands go, and then Kyungsoo felt Kai's chin resting on his shoulder.

"I miss you." Kai mumbled out of no where.

"Kai, let go."

"Don't want to." Kai stubbornly whispered on the latter's ear.

"K-Kai—"

"Please tell me you love me too."

"I do love you. And that's why I don't want you to fall in love with me." Kyungsoo whispered. Kai smiled,and turned Kyungsoo to see him face to face.

"You asked me earlier if I can love someone like you." Kyungsoo stays silent.

"Well, you see, I already fell in love with you the day I met you." Kyungsoo didn't respond, instead he let his tears roll down his face. Not because he is sad, but because he was so happy that Kai is there with him, telling him that he loves him.

"Kyungsoo, will you spend your life with me?"

"You do know that you're not going to be with me forever, right?"

"There's no such thing as forever anyway, everything has an end." Kai said as he tightened his grasp in the smaller's body.

"But you won't havee a happy ending with me. Is that okay with you?"

"I will. We'll make our own happy ending."

"Luhan didn't told me you can be so cheesy." Kyungsoo said as he let out a small chuckle, while trying to wipe his tears.

"Only for you Soo." Kai smiled widely as he grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and kissed the back of his palm.

"Let's have a date tomorrow. What do you think?" Kai asked the smaller making Kyungsoo let out a blush on his face.

"T-tomorrow? We have our classes tomorrow."

"Well it's not bad to skip one day at school right?" 

"But—" 

"Please?" Kai whispered as he caress Kyungsoo's cheeks with a small smile. And for the nth time Kyungsoo blushes.

"F-fine."

"You're so cute when you blush." Kai comments making Kyungsoo blush even more. Kyungsoo softly hits the taller's chest before leaning his head in. Kai liked the way Kyungsoo rests his head on his chest so he took the opportunity to grab Kyungsoo back by his arms, and hugged the smaller again.

"I love you." Kai mumbled, hoping for an answer.

"I know." Kyungsoo laughed.

"Yah." Kai pouted and pulled away from the hug, which made Kyungsoo laugh.

"I love you too." Kyungsoo replied.

He grabed Kyungsoo again for a hug and smiled widely with his eyes closed. 

 

Both guys hoped for the time to stop.

 

 

"Mom, Dad, I'm not going to school today." Kyungsoo said as he bit his lip hoping that his mom and dad won't get mad at him.

"What's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" His mom panicked and started touch her son's face.

"N-no mom, I just have to—" Kyungsoo's sentence was cut off when the door bell rang.

"I'll just go check who's outside." His dad said as he started walking away.

"Are you sure you're fine?" His mom asked again.

"Yes. I'm fine." Kyungsoo nodded and smiled at her mom.

"Kyungsoo, someone's here looking for you. He said his name is Kai. You know him?" His dad shouted from the door. After hearing his dad, he immediately ran over until he reached the door. When he spotted Kai's figure from afar, he began to ran faster, facing the handsome tanned guy outside the door. 

When Kai saw Kyungsoo, he immediately let out a smile, and waved at him. Kyungsoo blushed at the action.

"Go back inside." Kyungsoo's father said and closed the door when Kai entered.

"Why are you here? Don't you have any classes?" Kyungsoo's mom asked the tanned guy when they were able to sit on the couch.

"Uhm. I'm actually here to take Kyungsoo out." Kai explained while scratching the back of his neck.

"Out? What do you mean?"

"I wanted to spend some time with him. If you allow me, I'd like to take him out.." Kai hesitated, but continued anyway. "On a date." Kai started to blushed after saying the words. So does Kyungsoo. While on the other hand, both of Kyungsoo's parents looked at their son in shock.

"Are you my son's boyfriend?" Kyungsoo's father asked Kai, breaking the silence. At this point Kai was shocked by the sudden question. What if Kyungsoo's father does not like him? What if his father hates him? He didn't know what to do, but he nodded anyways.

"Kyungsoo, is it true?" His mom asked this time.

"Y-yes." Kyungoo said as he gave his mother a nod. When Kai heard the word, all the worries inside him earlier were gone. He felt so happy. It was just a simple yes but it meant everything to him. Kyungsoo didn't deny him, and at the same time he admits that he is now Kai's. 

"I'll promise I'll take good care of him." Kai said as he give Kyungsoo's parents a smile. He then turned to Kyungsoo and gave him a bigger smile.

"Kyungsoo, does he know—"

"Yes, mom. He does."

"And you're willing to stay with him?" Mrs. Do asked Kai.

"Of course. I'd be morethan willing. I want to spend the rest of my life with him." Kai said, his gaze not leaving his boyfriend's eyes. 

Kyungsoo smiles with tears started to form in his eyes.

"Do you really like him?" Kyungsoo's dad questioned Kai.

"I love him. So much." Hearing those words, Kyungsoo let out a sob and immediately hid his face.

"Can I take him out on a date?" Kai finally asked Kyungsoo's parents.

"Just don't hurt him." Kyungsoo's father said. "And please, make him happy." Kyungsoo's mother continued.

"I promise." Kai said as he stood up and grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

"Thank you, Kai." Kyungsoo's mother smiled.

"No, Mrs. Do. Thank you." Kai smiled at Kyungsoo's parents. "I'll take him out now." When the adults nodded Kai gave them one last smile, and they both headed outside.

 

 

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked Kai while glancing at the unfamiliar places they were passing by.

"It's a secret. Sleep, I'll wake you up when we're there." Kai smiled to his boyfriend, and focused on the road.

 

After 2 hours of driving, they finally reached the place. Kai turned to face Kyungsoo, revealing the sleeping figure. Kyungsoo was sleeping peacefully, he's so beautiful and so fluffy. Kai didn't want to wake him up but he has to. So he did.

"Kyungsoo, we're here." He whispered as he softly caressed his boyfriend's shoulder. Kyungsoo stirs in his sleep but didn't wake up. Kai chuckled, his boyfriend's just too cute. He wanted to pinch the latter's cheeks, and kiss at the same time.

"Kyungsoo-ah." He whispered again, and started to caress Kyungsoo's fluffy cheeks. Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open, and widened when he saw Kai an inch closer to his face.

"I-I'm sorry." Kyungsoo sat up straight and started arranging his hair in embarrassment.

"No need to be shy." Kai chuckled.

"I-I'm not shy!" Kyungsoo denied.

"Okay, if you say so." Kai said as he gives Kyungsoo a teasing smile.

"Y-yah." Kyungsoo blushed.

"What?" Kai said with a laugh.

"N-nothing. Where are we anyway?" Kyungsoo asked as he averted his gaze outside the car. Kai didn'd answer instead he let Kyungsoo figure out where they are. "Park?" Kyungsoo asked, but when he turned to look at Kai, he was nowhere to be found. Kyungsoo was about to open the door to get out when suddenly Kai appeared and opened it for him. 

"Thanks." Kyungsoo chuckles. 

"So, what are we doing here?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Well..." Kai mumbled while holding up a basket and a big blanket. 

"Picnic?" Kyungsoo laughed.

"Is it too cheesy? Should we just go to a restaurant or..."

"Picnic sounds nice." Kyungsoo smiled.