iv

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent IX

 

 

Kyungsoo walked to the empty hall wondering why did Kai choose him. Is it because he has the highest grades? But Luhan said to him last time that he doesn't really care about his grades. He didn't even want to go to school in the first place.

Passing on the lockers, Kyungsoo noticed that there was a guy leaning at the wall beside the lockers with arms crossed. He wasn't wearing the uniform, he has earrings on his ears. Obviously, it's Kai. Kyungsoo's heart beats faster than the usual. He didn't know what to do. Maybe he should just walk pass him. Choosing that choice, Kyungsoo walked pass him, but Kai talked. 

"Library, 12:00. Lunch time." He coldly said, and left the smaller guy.

 

"Hey, Kyungsoo! What are you doing there? I've been looking anywhere from you— Oh my god, is that Kai?! Did he do something bad to you?!" Baekhyun asked.

"N-no. I'll tell you when we meet Luhan, and Chanyeol." Kyungsoo said, looking at his friend.

"O-okay. Come on, they're already at canteen waiting for us." Baekhyun said as he grabbed Kyungsoo's hand.

 

"So what happened?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo when they were able to sit on their usual table with Chanyeol, and Luhan.

"Huh? What's going on?" Chanyeol, and Luhan asked.

"I don't know either. I think Kai talked to Kyungsoo earlier." Baekhyun said, not leaving his eyes on Kyungsoo's.

"What? Really?" Chanyeol asked, and Kyungsoo nodded.

"What did he say?" Luhan asked right away.

"He said, 'Library, 12:00. Lunch time.'" Kyungsoo quoted Kai.

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" Baekhyun asked as he sips his drink.

"Tutor. I'll tutor him later." Kyungsoo said as he shrugged. All of his friends choked on their cola when they heard Kyungsoo's sentence. 

"What the hell?!" Luhan shouted.

"What kind of joke is that?" Baekhyun asked as he rolls his eyes at Kyungsoo, and started cleaning the mess on his shirt.

"Are you serious?" Chanyeol asked, and Kyungsoo just nodded as he took a bite on Luhan's sandwich.

"You're doing it?" Luhan asked.

"Yep. The teacher said I have no choice. He was the one who chose me." Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Weird. Why would that guy study? Do you think he likes you?" Baekhyun guessed, and this time Kyungsoo choked on his sandwich.

"Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo shouted.

"What? It's just a guess." Baekhyun shrugged.

"You're unbelievable." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"That's possible though." Luhan muttered which cause him to receive a glare from Kyungsoo.

"I don't think it's possible. Did you do something that pissed him off? Did you get him mad?" Chanyeol asked which caused his friends to look at Kyungsoo. Did he do something bad?

"I- I don't know." Kyungsoo whispered.

"Oh god, Kyungsoo." Luhan and Baekhyun gasped.

 

 

The bell rang about 10 minutes ago, and now, Kyungsoo finds himself walking inside the library, finding the guy he's tutoring. After a few minutes of finding Kai (which he failed), he decided to walk to the exit. When Kyungsoo was about to move his feet forward, a palm was placed on his mouth. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, and then the next thing he knew is he was dragged behind the tall and big shelves.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes, revealing Kai, who's an inch or two closer to him. Kyungsoo widened his eyes, and his heart started to beat faster, he didn't know Kai was this attractive, and his small cuts made him look even more alluring. Kai smirked which cause the smaller to gulp. This is not good. Kyungsoo bites Kai's hand which caused the latter to widened his eyes, and let go of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo then realized what he did.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I d-didn't mean it! I-I was having a hard time b-breathing so—"

"It's okay." Kai cuts him off.

"O-oh. T-thanks, I guess. Anyway, where were you? I've been looking for you." Kyungsoo said while dusting his uniform.

"I was watching you looking for me the whole time." Kai shrugged, and Kyungsoo blushed, but he didn't answer. His heart is beating faster again.

"Y-you were watching m-me?" Kyungsoo asked Kai while pointing at himself. Kai then gave him a nod while putting his hands on his pockets. Kyungsoo blushed at Kai's action. 

"C-come on, l-let's find a seat." Kyungsoo suggested, but Kai shook his head.

"Let's just sit here." Kai ordered.

"O-okay. B-bring out your books out now."

"I don't even have a bag with me." Kai scoffed.

"Then why did you want to study?" Kyungsoo asked him with a sigh.

"I don't know. Stop asking, let's just use yours."

"O-okay." Kyungsoo said while rubbing the back of his neck. He then took out his things, and started discussing Korean Literature. Kyungsoo talked the whole 40 minutes without asking Kai any questions about what he is discussing. Maybe Kai didn't understand a thing. He was just staring Kyungsoo the whole 40 minutes with a slight smile on his face, and his chin resting on his palm. Kyungsoo felt very uncomfortable the first 5 minutes but then he brushed it off, and continued discussing. But then, Kyungsoo lost it.

"So basically it started because of— Kai are you even listening?" Kyungsoo sighed.

"Uhm hmm." Kai said while nodding, his eyes never left Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo let out another sigh, and proceeded to the next subject. Mathematics. Again, he was just staring at Kyungsoo, while Kyungsoo was talking about formulas and numbers that Kai didn't even give a about. He lost it for the second time.

"Do you like me?" Kyungsoo asked out of the blue.

"What?" Kai scoffed. His eyes now wide open.

"If you do like me, just stop." Kyungsoo explained, and Kai just gave him a loud snort as a reply. Kyungsoo swear he saw Kai laughed at him. Kyungsoo suddenly felt embarrassed. What were you thinking. Why would he even like you. Kyungsoo thought.

To Kyungsoo's luck, the bell rang after a second.

"Thankgod." Kyungsoo whispered as he immediately arranged his stuff.

"What did you say?" Kai said as he raised one of his eyebrows. He completely heard what the smaller guy said.

"N-nothing." Kyungsoo stuttered. "I'm going now." Kai then stared at the opened window beside him.

D-don't tell me..

"Kai!!" Kyungsoo shouted as he tried to grab Kai's arms to prevent him from jumping off the window but he failed. He then peeked at the window and watched Kai jumping, and climbing on the windows as he finally arrived on the ground. 

 

 

"So, how did the tutor thing went?" Baekhyun, and Luhan asked Kyungsoo. It was already their free time, and the three of them decided to stay at Luhan's place first to chat and rest. Chanyeol was not with them though. The giant still has his dance class.

"It's okay, but I don't think Kai learned something today."

"Why do you say that?" Luhan asked as he opened the door of his apartment.

"He was just staring at me the whole time, and he's not paying attention. What a waste of time." Kyungsoo said with a puff.

"He was what?!" Luhan and Baekhuyun asked in unison.

"Staring at me?"

"Was he smiling?" Luhan asked.

"Now, that's impossible." Baekhyun scoffed.

"Kind of? Not sure." 

"Oh my god!! Did he say the reason why he chose you? Did you do something bad?" 

"I don't think so. Well actually, earlier I accidentally bit his palm, I was about to explain but he said it was okay. So yeah, I don't think I did something wrong. And! He's not bad as you guys told me! He actually seems nice." Kyungsoo explained, sitting on the small couch.

"Are you serious?! You bit his palm and he said it was okay?! He didn't punch you or something?!" Baekhyun asked, shouting. Kyungsoo gave him a shook of his head as an answer.

"Why do I think he likes you?" Baekhyun suddenly said.

"I was about to say the same thing." Luhan agreed. Kyungsoo let out an obvious blush, which made his friends stare at him, jaws open.

"Why are you blushing, Do Kyungsoo?! Don't tell me you like—" Kyungsoo immediately cut his friend's sentence off. 

"I don't, okay?! You guys shut up." Kyungsoo shouted as he hid his flushed face. 

"If you say so. Anyway—" Luhan's sentence was cut off by a loud ring of phone, which happened to be Kyungsso's. 

"Hello?"

"Saturday, tutor. 8:00 am. In front of the school gates. Don't be late," The unknown guy talked, and hanged up immediately after, not even letting Kyungsoo talk.

"Who is that?" Baekhyun asked.

"I think it's Kai." Kyungsoo shrugged.

Luhan and Baekhyun's jaws dropped.

 


 

Author's Note: I'm very sorry for the late update. We don't have wifi for about a month now so yeah. Thankgod for the pocket wifi. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Thank youuu!