vii

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent VII

 

 

"Hey Kyungsoo! Let's go to class together!" Baekhyun greeted his best friend, when he saw him entering the school gates. Kyungsoo greeted him good morning.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun.

 

Kai was still not around as the teacher checks the attendance. He didn't care though, because apparantly, Kai doesn't really attend his classes.

But deep inside, Kyungsoo cared. Kai told him that he will take notes and bring his books so has to attend his classes.

The teacher finished the attendance, and was about to close the attendance sheet, when someone entered the door, revealing Kai. Kyungsoo smiled. Kai was still not wearing the proper uniform, but there was a small bag hanging on his shoulder, books on his hand.

"S-so, I g-guess Kai-ssi i-is present t-today." The teacher stuttered, but Kai didn't care. He didn't even give his teacher a glance. The students started whispering about Kai attending his class, and bringing books. Kai then glared at the guy seated in front of him who was whispering something about him.

"What? You have a problem?" He said in a cold tone with his poker face. The guy immediately shuts up, and faced his book. Kai scoffed, and made his way to his seat, beside Kyungsoo. Baekhyun became worried, Kai is mad and he can punch his seatmate any time, which happens to be Kyungsoo. Baekhyun didn't want this to happen so when Baekhyun caught his friend's attention, he mouthed to his friend that he should transfer seat immediately. Kyungsoo smiled, and shook his head. 'It's okay' he mouthed back.

The teacher was about to start the discussion, when suddenly another loud bang was heard. Kai slammed his book on his table which cause all of the students, including the teacher to look at him. What he did next is what the students (except Kyungsoo) and the teacher didn't expect. They all widened their eyes when they saw Kai opened his book, and then his blank notebook. 

"What?" He groaned when he noticed the different pair of eyes focused on him. The students immediately avoided Kai's gaze, and the teacher started writing stuffs on the board. For the first time in his life, Kai wrote something on his notebook.

Kyungsoo smiled as he look at the busy Kai making notes, and listening to the teacher. 

Kai looks really handsome when he's focused. The way he rests his chin on his palm looks really cool. When his eyes are shifting from the board to his notebook makes Kyungsoo smile even more. How is this possible? Just by his simple moves makes Kyungsoo....

Kyungsoo shook his head at his thought. Why was he thinking those things? Could it be... he..

Kyungsoo mouthed 'no' and shook his head again. He looked at Kai, and suddenly Kai looked at him too, letting out a smile. And then it hit Kyungsoo.

He definitely likes Kai.

 

It's lunch time, and Kyungsoo finds himself in the library, specifically in front of Kai. The smaller was currently checking the taller's notes, and Kyungsoo smiled at Kai in satisfaction. Kyungsoo was about to hand Kai's notebook back to him when he noticed something. 

"What's this?" Kyungsoo asked, pointing at the bottom part of Kai's notes. Kai immediately pulled his notebook away from Kyungsoo. "Nothing!" Kai shouted. Kyungsoo definitely saw his name written on Kai's notebook.

"Hey, can we first have a break?" Kai asked. Kyungsoo tilted his head to the right, thinking about what Kai suggested.

"Okay then, just this once, because you really did take your notes, and you listened to the teacher earlier." Kyungsoo said as he started to arrange his books. He was about to leave when Kai suddenly grabbed his arm causing him to sit again. Kyungsoo's heart then started to beat faster. Oh, not again.

"W-what?" Kyungsoo stuttered.

"Don't leave though." Kai smiled, and Kyungsoo felt blood rushes up his cheeks. No, no,no. Stupid Kai, making me feel like this!

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to." Kai said, and Kyungsoo coughed as he try to hide his red face.

"O..kay. So what are we going to do?" Kyungsoo said, not looking the latter in the eyes.

"I have some questions." Kai said, and Kyungsoo suddenly felt uneasy.

"Okay." The smaller said.

"Okay, first.. tell me the things you hate in a guy." Kai suddenly said, making Kyungsoo choke on his own saliva.

"What?!" He managed to say.

"Just answer!" 

"O-okay... well, I don't like guys who smoke. I don't like guys who wear earrings because I think it's not necessary. Especially when you're in school. I don't like arrogant guys too. I hate straight faced, and cold guys too. I hate guys who doesn't study..." Kyungsoo was about to finish his sentence, but then he remembered something. "Oh, and I don't like it when guys don't wear proper attire in school." What he said would surely describe Kai. True, Kyungsoo didn't like those kind of guys, but with Kai it was different. He was fine with it. He still like Kai in spite of those things.

"Wow, you should have just said you hate me, that would summarize all of it." Kai sarcastically said as he crossed his arms, annoyed.

"Uhh, I'm sorry?" Kyungsoo muttered, not knowing what to say.

Why is he curious? Does he... No way, that's impossible.

He's just curious.

That's it.