vi

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent VI

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up wondering why the sunlight didn't wake him up today, and then he realize the sun wasn't shining. Did I wake up too early? He asked himself. He then checked his wall clock, 9:00 am. Kyungsoo tilted his head on the side wondering why it was dark. Kyungsoo glanced his window, and he almost fell on the bed in shock.

Something's blocking the sunlight. More like someone's sitting on his window, blocking the sunlight.

Kai.

"W-What are you doing there?!" Kyungsoo shouted at Kai.

"Squishy." Kai muttered.

"What?" Kyungsoo looked at him weirdly.

"You look squishy." Kai said as he stared at the smaller boy. Kyungsoo immediately blushed, and looked away.

"W-why are you h-here?!" He changed the topic.

"Do you remember what time we're supposed to meet?" Kai asked him, and Kyungsoo gulped.

"E-eight?" He answered the question like he wasn't sure.

"Uhm hmm. And what time is it now?" Kai asked again while going inside the smaller's room.

"N-nine. But you didn't have to go here!" Kyungsoo said while pointing the taller guy in front of him.

"I hate waiting, so I decided to just go here." Kai shrugged as he sat on Kyungsoo's king sized bed, the smaller sighed, giving up.

"Alright, wait there. I'm going to prepare, and we're going out—"

"We're going out?" Kai teased.

"N-no! I- I mean, we're going out to study." Kyungsoo explained, his face turning scarlet again.

"That's exactly what I meant. What were you thinking?" Kai smirked, teasing Kyungsoo again.

"N-nothing!" Kyungsoo defended.

 "Can we just study here?" Kai suddenly suggested.

"What?! No way!" Kyungsoo shouted.

"Kyungsoo? Are you talking to someone? Are you with someone?" Kyungsoo's mom suddenly knocked. Thankfully, Kyungsoo always locks his door before he sleeps. Kai was about to talk, but Kyungsoo clasped his hand on Kai's mouth.

"N-no mom! Just talking with my friend over the phone!" Kyungsoo shouted.

"Okay. Anyway, come down for breakfast." His mom replied.

"Alright." Kyungsoo said.

Youbcabletgobofmebnow (You can let go of me now)." Kai tried to talked properly despite of Kyungsoo's hand that is still clasped on his mouth. 

"Oh. I'm sorry." Kyungsoo blushed. There was a minute of silence.

"I think you need to go downstairs for breakfast." Kai suggested.

"A-ah, right. How about you, did you eat your breakfast?" Kyungsoo asked, and the taller shook his head.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Kai smiled.

"I- I'm not worried! J-just stay there and wait for me." Kyungsoo stuttered, and exits his room, leaving the chuckling Kai inside.

 

"Soo, slow down, the food won't leave. Why are you in a hurry?" Kyungsoo's mom asked when she noticed how fast her son was eating.

"A-ah. I'm just... I have a lot of home works today, so... yeah." Kyungsoo said as he continued eating, and his mom nodded as she looked at her son.

"I'm done!" Kyungsoo almost shouted when he finished his last spoon of rice, which caused his parents to look at him in shock.

"A-ah.. I'm mean, I'm done eating." Kyungsoo said more calmly this time as he bow his head. His parents nodded while looking at him. Kyungsoo stood up, and was about to turn around, but then stopped. He then grabbed a few breads, and a glass of juice.

"You're not full?" His father asked as he eyed the breads on Kyungsoo's arms.

"N-no— I m-mean... you know, I might need some snacks while doing m-my h-home works." Kyungsoo reasoned, stuttering.

"You eat breads for snacks, honey?" His mom asked.

"W-well, breads are delicious." Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Okay, then. Study well, Soo." His mom smiled. Kyungsoo smiled, and went upstairs.

 

"Here." Kyungsoo said as he throw the food on his bed, and placing the juice on his table.

"What are these?" Kai asked as he eyed the breads.

"Food. Duh." Kyungsoo sarcastically replied.

"I know, they're food. But what are those doing here?" Kai asked.

"I just thought you haven't eaten your breakfast yet.. so there." The smaller explained. Kai chuckled.

"And you said you're  not worried about me." Kai said as he grabbed one bread, and ate it.

"I- I am not! I'm just.. uh... kind. Yes, I'm a very kind person. Who cares about a lot of people." Kyungsoo defended.

"Sure, squishy." Kai teased while eating.

"Stop calling me that! I'm going to shower now. Just wait there, and we're leaving after." Kyungsoo explained, but Kai didn't pay attention to him instead, he focused on eating the bread that Kyungsoo gave him. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at the person in front of him before entering the bathroom.

 

"And you said you were not hungry." Kyungsoo scoffed as he gets out of his bathroom (fully clothed of course), looking at the last bread Kai was holding, while rubbing his hair using his towel. Kai on the other hand choked on his juice, because of Kyungsoo's action.

"What happened? You okay?" Kyungsoo asked walking closer to the taller.

"D-Do not come closer!" Kai managed to say while holding his one palm in the air, and the other punching his chest.

"O-Oh... are you okay though?" Kyungsoo asked, and Kai nodded.

"Okay." Kyungsoo said. "Hey, stand up now. We're leaving." Kyungsoo muttered when he noticed that the taller was already fine.

"We are going to study here." Kai pointed out.

"No, we.are.not." Kyungsoo said, giving his 'visitor' a glare.

"Yah! Do you seriously have the guts to glare at me?" Kai scoffed, his arms crossed while looking at the smaller unbelievably.

"I- I... I... Fine! We're going to study here, but you need to behave!" Kyungsoo gave up which cause Kai to let out a satisfying smirk. The taller then held out a cigarette stick, and a lighter from his pocket.

"Hey, hey, hey!"  Kyungsoo immediately stole it. "When I said 'behave' that also means 'no smoking'." Kyungsoo explained while throwing the stick on the trash can.

"Fine, whatever...squishy." Kai teased as he rolls his eyes.

"I said stop calling me that!" Kyungsoo took a deep breath. "Now, get up and bring out your books, and notes." Kyungsoo ordered.

"Hey, can I ask you some questions?" Kai asked, and Kyungsoo nodded.

"Did you ever see me bring my bag? Did you ever see me took some notes? Did you see me listen to the teacher?"

"Okay, so we're using my things again, I understand." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Kai, and started pulling off his things from his bag. "Next time I tutor you, I want you to bring your books, and have your notes." He said as he started to open one of his books.

"You're joking right?" Kai lauhged at the smaller guy in front of him.

"Nope. I'm not." Kyungsoo said.

"You can't make me. I won't do it." Kai crossed his arms.

"Then," Kyungsoo closed the book. "I'll stop tutoring as well." 

"And why would you?" Kai raised his eyebrow.

"You obviously don't want to study. You don't bring books, and you don't take notes, so let's stop this okay? We're just wasting eachother's time." Kyungsoo explained.

"Fine! I'm doing it." Kai said, giving up.

"Are you sure?" Kyungsoo said as he eyed the taller suspiciously.

"I said I'll do it!" Kai shouted.

"You're shouting at me?" 

"No. I said I'll do it." Kai whispered and rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo laughed.

"Why do you always roll your eyes?" Kyungsoo asked, curious.

"Why do you always have questions?" Kai smirked.

"Shut up, let's just start this thing." Kyungsoo shifted his gaze to the book, and held out a notebook, and a pen. He then started discussing, not giving Kai a single glance.

 

"Use this formula for—" 

"Seriously though, can't we take a break? You were talking there for like hours already." Kai cut his tutor off, complaining.

"If I..." Kyungsoo sighed. "What time is it?" Kyungsoo asked. Kai  rubbed his eyes, and checked his wrist watch.

"11:30." Kai muttered.

"Wait for me here." Kyungsoo said, and Kai nodded, resting his chin on his palm, and then slowly closing his eyes. Cute. Kyungsoo thought, but then he shook his head. 

 

"Kai..." Kyungsoo called when he came back to his room, revealing a sleeping Kai.

"What?" He groaned.

"My parents are not around, they'll be back later evening." 

Kai covered his body and teased Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo what do you want us to do. I-I can't-"

"Yah!!!! That's not what I'm trying to say!!" Kyungsoo shouted when he realized what was Kai doing.

Kai started laughing. "I'm joking I'm joking." Kyungsoo blushed.

"Let's eat lunch down stairs." Kyungsoo said. Kai stood up, and both of them headed downstairs to have their lunch. Apparently, Kyungsoo's mom didn't cook for him, so he ended up cooking their lunch.

 

Kai fell in love with the food Kyungsoo made.

 


 

Author's Note: -