x

Evanescent [REVAMPING]

 

Evanescent X

 

 

Monday morning, Kyungsoo tried to avoid Kai as much as he can. Kyungsoo will enter the classroom at the same time the teacher does, and he will choose the seat at the very back, next to the back door, and when the bell rang, he will immediately exit the classroom, and hide between the bunch of students walking in the hallway. 

Lunch break came, and he was supposed to tutor Kai. Kyungsoo knew he could not avoid Kai this time, so he finds himself in the library, on his way to their usual place. There he finds Kai, leaning against the shelves. Kyungsoo sighed, and sat down, Kai does the same. Kyungsoo didn't mind Kai, and started to bring out his books, and discussing, but Kai didn't want this. He wanted to talk to Kyungsoo.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Kai started, but Kyungsoo didn't mind what he said, and continued discussing. 

"Kyungsoo..." Kai said in a soft, but sad tone. Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh, and looked at Kai, and he regretted doing it. His eyes were puffy, and dark circles were visible on the lower part of his eyes. 

"W-What?" Kyungsoo managed to ask.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Kai whispered, his eyes focused on the smaller guy. Kyungsoo immediately looked away.

"I-I'm not avoiding you. Let's finish—" 

"What you said last night, please tell me that's not true." Kai said, and tried to hold the latter's hand, but noticing this, Kyungsoo immediately moved his hand away. Kai's eyes widened a little bit, and then he let out a soft chuckle.

"I'm sorry." Kai smiled, and Kyungsoo swear he saw the sadness at it, which made his heart twist. It hurts.

"L-Let's just continue studying, quarterly exam will be next week—"

"Do you really not like me?" Kai interrupted.

I do. "I already told you my answer last night." Kyungsoo said, and then he bit his lower lip to keep his tears.

"Oh. Uhm, hey Kyungsoo, I want to rest today. Is it okay?" Kai said, turning around.

"B-But... o-okay." Kyungsoo replied, and Kai exits the library, leaving Kyungsoo alone. The tears he kept earlier were continously falling right now as he covered his mouth to hold his sobs. 

 

 

The following days, Kyungsoo did tutor Kai, but they didn't talk, Kai didn't talk. He would just stare at the smaller, and sometimes listen too, but he didn't attempt to start a real conversation. Every time the bell will ring, signaling that the lunch is over, Kyungsoo will immediately stand up, and leave Kai alone. It hurts, but Kai didn't mind it. If Kyungsoo doesn't want to talk to him, then fine. As long as he could spend time, and he can see him it was enough for him.

Eventually, a week passed, and the day of the exam came. Kyungsoo would look at Kai, and he wanted to smile, at the sight. Kai was so focused on answering his papers. Kyungsoo looked at him one last time, and averted his eyes to his papers, and started answering too. When Kyungsoo looked away, Kai turned to look at him. I miss you. 

 

Two days after the test, the teacher distributed the test results. As expected, Kyungsooo ranked first over all. 

"Congrats, Kyungsoo." Kai whispered, but Kyungsoo heard. He looked at Kai, and gave him a small smile.

"Uhm, c-can I see your test results?" Kyungsoo asked. Kai handed Kyungsoo his card, and his eyes widened for a bit at the sight, and then he let out a small smile.

"Congrats, Kai." Kyungsoo muttered, and Kai gave him a small smile as a reply. Kai actually got a high score, and Kyungsoo was so proud. He wanted to hug the taller to congratulate him, he wanted to celebrate with him, and he wanted to spend time with him, but he can't do that. Instead, all he need to do is to end their tutoring sessions. Kai learned a lot, and it was enough. Kyungsoo needs to distance himself to the taller now. 

That day, Kai waited for Kyungsoo inside the library, but Kyungsoo did not appear.

 

 

Few days, Kyungsoo started ignoring Kai again, and this time, he also didn't appear during their supposed to be tutor sessions. Kai was worried, so he tried to ask the teacher after their last subject for the day.

"What the hell?! You're not supposed to agree! He'll stop tutoring me when I said so!" Kai grew mad. The teacher told him that Kyungsoo talked to him, asking if Kyungsoo should stop tutoring Kai already since Kai already got high grades, and the exams are over. The teacher agreed right away, because as what Kyungsoo mentioned, Kai's grades were good, and he didn't need a tutor anymore.

"I-I'm s-sorry, b-but Kyu-Kyungsoo said—" The teacher tried to explain.

"No! You're not supposed to listen to him! You're supposed to listen to me, and when I didn't say he'll stop tutoring me, you're not going to make him stop!" Kai shouted at the teacher as he run his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

"I-I'm sorry." The teacher stuttered, and lowered his head.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Kai decided to go out, and find Kyungsoo. 

After 2 hours of trying to find Kyungsoo, Kai gave up and decided to go to Kyungsoo's house. On his way, he saw a very familiar back on the side street. Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo was not alone, there was four men surrounding him. Kai stood there doing nothing, but admiring the smaller, not giving a single care to the other guys. But when Kai saw one guy, touched Kyungsoo's neck as the others laugh, Kai's eyes widened. What one of them did next, made Kai run to them, and punched all of their faces. 

One guy started to kiss Kyungsoo's ear. Kyungsoo's eyes were watery due to the tears he has been avoiding to fall. His face was full of dread, and fear. Kai never wanted to see Kyungsoo like that. Never. 

Kai ran towards Kyungsoo, and started punching the guys on their faces, and bodies. Some of the guys seemed to notice Kai, so they ran away. When Kai finished the guys, he immediately turned to Kyungsoo.

"K-Kyungsoo, are you okay?" Kai asked, and held up his hand to caress Kyungsoo's cheeks, but the smaller flinched.

"I-I'm sorry." Kai apologized.

"I h-have to go." Kyungsoo trembled. He turned around to leave, but Kai grabbed his wrist preventing him to leave.

"Kyungsoo, please." Kai mumbled. Kyungsoo looked at Kai, and saw few scartches on his face. Kyungsoo wanted to cry at the sight, he wanted to touch Kai's face to know if he's okay, but then again, he can't. He has to avoid Kai. He has to avoid his feelings.

"K-Kai, I h-have to go." Kuyngsoo stuttered as he strains to leave at Kai's grip which he fails.

"Kyungsoo, it's okay if you don't feel the same way, but avoiding me is too much—"

"I told you not to fall in love with me." Kyungsoo cuts Kai's sentence off. 

"Is it a bad thing?"

"W-what?"

"Is it a bad thing that I'm in love with you?" 

"Y-yes."

"W-What? Why—"

"I'm sick! Kai, I'm gonna die. Probably in a year or two, or even less than a year. I have no idea. We have no idea. Now tell me, can you still love me inspite of that?" Kyungsoo shouted as tears started to form on his eyes, while Kai on the other hand was frozen because of the latter's confession. Kyungsoo turned his back to leave. For a second he stopped, hoping that Kai would grab his arm, and will tell him that it's okay, that he still loves him. But seconds passed, there is still no hand grabbing him to tell him it's okay. The tears that Kyungsoo was trying to hold earlier finally fell down his cheeks as he ran.