The Challenge

A Life's Dream

 

          Donghae’s POV:

 

          “Now the two of you are going to go to that girl over there”, he said while pointing at the new waitress “and introduce yourself as EunHae , then ask to take a picture together.”

         

          Argh! Why do we have to do this? It is so embarrassing. We are world stars after all. What if she doesn’t recognize us?! We’ll look like crazy people. NO! That…that can’t happen!!! Wait! I am stressing over this little thing while Hyukkie has an even more difficult task.

 

          “And you, chicken head!... You have to talk with her for 5 minutes. If she doesn’t recognize you, you fail. And if you fail, you get a ddakbam from each of us.”

          Heechul hyung has been a little too harsh, maybe.

 

          As I looked over to my side, where Eunhyuk hyung was, I saw him smirking. I wonder if he has a plan or something!? Even though the others picked him as the least good-looking member, he IS handsome and, believe me, he knows how to work his magic. He seemed to enjoy it too.

 

 

          Amy’s POV:

 

          Huh?! What are they doing coming this way?! They stopped right in front of me. Donghae looked me straight in the eye and kept staring. Then we heard someone coughing.

         

          “Ah, … that’s right”, he said after he dropped his lost puppy expression.

          “Do you know English?” (in English) he asked in a really cute voice.

         

          Only the I realized that my mouth was still opened and gave a quick nod after closing it, still trying to regain my composure. I couldn’t help it. I really liked cute boys(/men).

 

          “OK!” he beamed happily. “1, 2, 3”

          “We are Eunhae.” (in English) both of them said in one voice while making the hand sign of Super Junior.

          “Can we….pic-picture?” (in English) Donghae asked a little worried about his question. “Please?” (in English) he said while batting his eyelashes.

 

          I couldn’t help but giggle a little and gave a nod. Eunhyuk then lent Donghae his phone and I got squeezed in between while taking a selca with two handsome (and cute at the same time) guys. After we finished, he ran to the other members while jumping up and down, the smile never leaving his face.

 

 

          Eunhyuk’s POV:

 

          I decided not to interfere at all and let Donghae convince her. Meanwhile I could observe her closer. She wasn’t wearing any make-up, but that made her even prettier in my eyes. Her curly hair was quite long. It was a rare thing to see in South Korea, even at foreigners. Maybe that’s why it fascinated me. Her little giggle was so cute. I just couldn’t stop staring… Donghae left. It was finally my time to talk.

 

          “You are so gorgeous!” (in English) It just came out naturally.

         

          This seemed to get her attention. Our eyes met… Beautiful green (going to blue) eyes were looking at me now in disbelief. But I meant it, so I said it one more time:

 

 

          Amy’s POV:

 

          “You are so gorgeous!” (in English)

         

          OMG! What has he just said?!

          Then I realized we were staring at each other. He had the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. I smiled and looked at the floor. (One thing that I learned is to never look a Korean straight in the eye if you don’t know him/her, or it could cause you trouble.)

 

          “What’s your name?” (in English) he then asked.

 

          “Amy ... imnida (/I am Amy.)”, I said barely audible.

         

          His eyes grew big and he showed his famous gummy smile.

 

          “You speak Korean!?” he said still not fully convinced.

 

          “Yes, I’ve been learning it for quite a while”, I said still wondering what made him so happy.

 

          “Could I ask you for a favor?” he suddenly asked.

 

          I looked at him, trying to find out what was in his mind.

 

          “Please keep the fact that you know the language a secret from my friends. Could you help me with that? Just this time?” he asked cutely.

 

          What could I have said to this “little” cute thing in front of me?!

 

          “OK. I understood. But you have to give me an autograph in exchange.”

 

          “Oh! You recognized me?! Who am I?!” He sounded curious.

 

          “Of course. You are the most handsome dance machine and rapper, Lee Hyukjae.” The words came from my heart, but he still looked unsure.

 

          “Then, what group am I from? And…who is your favorite member?”

         

          “I prefer not to talk about this. I’m sorry. Super Junior has a lot of members, so there is where to choose from.”

 

           Although I was trying to erase the tension between us with this witty comment, I think I broke his heart a little, as I was the only one smiling. We stayed in silence for a bit, when he suddenly said:

 

          “What about that autograph? Do you want one from your favorite as well?”

         

          Ah, yes. He asked me if he was here at least. After I confirmed …it became awkward between us.

 

          “No. I’m fine, thank you”, I said giving him paper and a pen.

 

          The other members called him, so he hurriedly said goodbye and left with them. This is what the signed piece of paper said: “I’ll make sure to be your favorite from now on and for eternity!^^” I could only smile in anticipation.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:  credit for the picture: scandal [www.hyukjae-donghae.com]