Chapter 23 - The Perfection.

What is "Perfection"?

After much forcing, Chanyeol bursted into Baekhyun's room. He almost fell when he finally could see Baekhyun's sleeping face. Sehun, Kai and Hyuna followed from behind. They were both leaning on the wall of the patient's room, letting Chanyeol had their own privacy with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was lying on the bed. The monitor that showing Baekhyun's heartbeat is weakening each seconds.

But Baekhyun's still alive.

"Baek?" Chanyeol called with a soft voice.

There's no response from Baekhyun, of course.

"..." Chanyeol tried hard to not cry himself out at that time. He reached out for Baekhyun's hand, gave a weak squeeze.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol whispered while giving light kisses on Baekhyun's hands. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Chanyeol then repeatedly whimpered. "Please... Baekhyun..." Chanyeol's tears were flowing all out of his eyes. He kissed Baekhyun again, this time with so much love and gentle. The warm tears fell on Baekhyun's hand.

And a twitch.

Chanyeol's opened his eyes and widened. He looked up to saw the sudden increased heartbeat of Baekhyun. "B-baek?"

Sehun, Kai and Hyuna looked up in surprise. They were gasping when they saw Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes. With so much force.

"B-b-baek..." Chanyeol blurted, tears kept flowing out. "B-baek? I-it's m-me."

Baekhyun turned his head slowly, blinked. "C-chanyeol..."

"B-baek!" Chanyeol shouted. "C-call the doctor! N-now!"

Hyuna rushed out from her spot and called out for any doctor that passed by.

"B-baek! It's m-me!" Chanyeol cried out. "C-can you he-hear m-me? S-see me?"

Baekhyun let out a weak smile and nodded with so much force.

"B-baek..." Chanyeol gripped Baekhyun's hand tightly. "B-baek... Y-you will l-live, r-right?"

Baekhyun didn't answer. He just stared at Chanyeol with half-lidded eyes.

"Baek...?" Chanyeol put Baekhyun's hand on his cheek. "Hiks...baek...baek..."

Chanyeol was loss at word. He kept on calling Baekhyun's name. The name feels just right on his tongue.

Baekhyun smiled again. And along with that, the heartbeat suddenly going down.

"B-baek! Baek!" Chanyeol choked in surprised as he saw Baekhyun struggled to catch his breathe.

"I..." Baekhyun whispered lowly. "I love you..."

Chanyeol widened his eyes and grasped Baekhyun's hand. He couldn't focus since Baekhyun's heartbeat keeps going down.

"B-be... H-happy..." Baekhyun whispered again.

"B-baek! I! I love you! I love you! I love you to the max! I love you with all my might! Please! Please! Please!"

Baekhyun's tears suddenly flew down his eyes. "I love you, Baek! Don't go! Please!"

Baekhyun smiled once again.

"Baek!"

The monitor then let out a long beeping sound. The straight line appear.

"B-baek?" Chanyeol widened his eyes. "B-baek? Baek?"

The doctor and nurses appeared as they dragged Chanyeol away from the bed.

"Baek! Baekhyun! Baekhyun, please!"

Sehun and Kai bursted in tears.

"BAEK! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!!!"

The nurses closed the door as the nurses and doctors took their places.

"I love you..." Chanyeol dropped his body on the floor infront of Baekhyun's ICU room. "Baekhyunnie, I love you... I love you... I love you..."

Chanyeol sobbed harder as he clutched his chest tightly.

"I love you, Baekhyun-ah..."

 

 

***

 

 

A gloomy day in December.

The weather is cold. Kai shivered while tightening his coat closer to his body. Sehun walked closer to him, hands dug down on his warm sweater's pockets.

"It's cold, hm?" Sehun sighed and scouted himself closer to Kai.

Kai nodded and drowned his face under his scar, tried to hid his blush when he felt Sehun's body touched Kai's.

They were both walking in silence, following the steps of a tall boy infront of them.

Park Chanyeol was walking in a fast speed. His eyes were fixed on one object.

Baekhyun's grave.

It's been a week since Baekhyun's dead. Since the petite boy had lost his family when he was a little kid, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Luhan, Kai, Sehun and Hyuna had been visiting the grave almost everyday. Sometimes Taemin and Minho came along. Sometimes Hyunseung comes too.

And Kris.

Kris never thought that this thing would happen. He only do as what he was told to. He never expected Chanyeol will kill someone. Especiall Baekhyun.

Sehun was so angry when he heard the whole story. He wanted to hit Chanyeol so bad, but the guy had looked so much in sadness already. So he released his anger on Kris instead. Kris understand, of course. He's too guilty in this accident.

Kai himself, is also in shock. For days he kept blamming himself for Baekhyun's death. That's when Sehun pulled him into a tight hug, telling him that everything is okay.

Everything happens for a reason. And so does Baekhyun's death.

Chanyeol finally stopped his feet infront of a grave with Baekhyun's name written on it.

"Baekhyun-ah?" Chanyeol whispered as he laid a bucket of flowers on the grave. He smiled. "I come again to visit you. And this is maybe the last day on this month. I have to go for a while."

Kai and Sehun stood behind Chanyeol, waiting for the other boy to finished his words.

"Back then you recommended me to meet a psychiater. I take your advice now." Chanyeol whispered while rubbing the grave's stone. "I'll go to America for a few session before going back here again to meet you."

Chanyeol went silent for a while.

"I love you, Baekhyun-ah..." Chanyeol whispered and kissed the stone. "Be happy there. Okay?"

Chanyeol blinked away the tears that hung on his eyes.

"Annyeong, nae aegi..."

Chanyeol sighed and stood up. He turned his body toward Sehun and Kai. He gave a smile and went to hug them.

"I'm sorry for what I've done..." Chanyeol whispered. "Maybe you guys won't forgive me...but..."

"Chanyeol-ah?" Kai called out.

Chanyeol shut his mouth, waiting for what Kai is going to say.

"No need to apologize, bastard. We've forgiven you already." Sehun gave a friendly slap on Chanyeol's back.

Chanyeol pulled away and stared at the two. He's been so cruel, yet they could forgive him.

Chanyeol blinked away the tears that gathered on his eyes again. Gosh, why his tears kept on flowing out these days? They then walked back to the road and Chanyeol waved his hand to a taxi that passed by.

"So are you ready?" Sehun asked.

Chanyeol turned his face to saw Sehun and Kai. He smiled and nodded his head.

"Time to go, then."

Chanyeol tidied himself and sighed. "I will miss you, guys."

Sehun nodded while Kai couldn't help but grabbed Chanyeol's shirt.

"Are you really okay?"

"Don't worry." Chanyeol smiled. "I've get over of that already."

The driver helped Chanyeol to put the suitcase on the taxi.

"Comeback safely." Sehun added.

Chanyeol smiled. "I will."

With that Chanyeol hopped on the taxi. He sighed and looked outside, waving at Kai and Sehun.

The two looked perfect together.

The driver then started the engine to warm up the car.

Chanyeol opened the window and smiled. "You two, stop wasting time and get together already."

Before the two could react, Chanyeol had closed the window. "Let's go, sir."

The driver nodded and drove away, left the two confused boys by theirselves.

Chanyeol blinked as emptiness came back on his heart. He touched his chest. An image of Baekhyun flashed through his mind.

Chanyeol smiled.

Byun Baekhyun has gone, and for some people he had turned into a memory.

But for Chanyeol...

Chanyeol closed his eyes.

Baekhyun will always be here.

 

 

***

 

 

"What does he mean?" Sehun let out a nervous chuckle. "The two of us together... That's... Quite impossible."

Kai turned his head to Sehun and blinked as a sudden pain flashed through his chest. His face fell. "That's impossible..."

Sehun glanced at Kai who was now bowing down on the ground.

"I..." Sehun started. "...can't just take you away from the one that you love, right?"

"Huh?" Kai looked up in surprise. "What?"

"Nothing..." Sehun shook his head and walked faster toward his car. "Get in into the car."

Kai followed close from behind, heart thumping at the words.

Ah, Sehun-ah. What are you talking about actually?

 

 

 

***

 

 

Kai walked around his house. The house has been changed slightly. Sehun had moved some of the desks so it could make a bigger space. New knives were hung on the kitchen. Some new mugs were placed on the dining table. They are new. From Sehun.

Kai's eyes caught the glimpse of calender. He walked toward it and touched them.

"A month more to go..." Kai said to himself. He sighed. "...why my heart feels this heavy?"

The door suddenly being swung opened.

"Oh, hi Kai-ah." Sehun said when he saw Kai. The two stood in the awkward position.

"A-are you going somewhere?" Kai asked.

"N-no." Sehun shook his head. "Luhan and the others are busy minding their own businesses so..."

"You've been so close to Luhan lately..." Kai hummed.

"Huh?"

Kai blinked as he felt his heart raced. "...sehun-ah?"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"...do you still like... Luhan?"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows even deeper. "No."

Kai widened his eyes. "No?"

"No. I've fallen for someone else."

Kai felt his heart jolted out from his place.

"Do you want to know who is it?"

Kai didn't answer.

"He is someone who's perfect to me."

Kai had given up once he heard that. He'd never fit in Sehun's definition of 'Perfect'.

"Oh? I think I have something to do." Kai awkwardly excused himself from Sehun and walked passed him.

"That's you."

Kai stopped his walk when he heard Sehun's faint whisper. He turned his head to Sehun. "What?"

"It's you." Sehun said with a determination on his face. "The one that I love. It's you."

Kai couldn't say anything. He just stood there, frozen and silent.

"I don't care whether you like me back, or not." Sehun whispered. "I like you. And I won't give up even though you like someone else."

"Sehun-ah I..."

"No no, Kai-ah. Don't reject me yet. I don't accept rejection." Sehun said while holding his hands up. "If you don't like me, it's okay. I'll leave. I-"

"Stupid." Kai mumbled.

"Mwo?"

"You. Stupid." Kai said while glaring at Sehun.

"M-me? Stupid?"

Kai took a step closer at Sehun. "You are the most idiot, insensitive and a total jerk."

Sehun felt his forehead twitch at the statement. Did Kai has to say explain of them?

"The perfectsionist freak, arrogant spoiled baby..."

"Hei, hei! Don't curse me that muc-"

"But I love you."

Sehun's word stuck on his throat.

"You are a crazy weird person, but I love you."

"..."

"I don't know why I like you, you can't even be compared with Bi Rain my idol!" Kai shook his head.

"Hei hei..."

"And also-"

Sehun leaned his body roward Kai. "If you speak again, I will kiss you."

Kai smirked. "Do it."

Sehun closed the gap between them and kissed Kai.

Slowly and gently.

The two drown in their own world.

Where there's only the two of them. 

Together with their loved one

And for Sehun...

It's a Perfection.

 

 

 

 

A/n

 

Wuaaa~

It's almost ended! *sigh*

I'm sorry for killin Baekkie DX. But he needs to die so Chanyeol could realize what he'd done.

Well yeah, lessons learned. "Everything happens for a reason".

I'm updating this right before I get my accounting test early in the morning, duh.

Pray for me, nae? XD

Have a productive day!

 

*kisses from Indonesia, fallenenigma*