Chapter 15 - Observe

What is "Perfection"?

"Sorry"

Kai pursed his lips, eyes widened and eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Kai-ah"

"..."

Chanyeol bit his lower lip nervously. He stared at Kai's flat expression and bowed down to avoid the intimidating gaze.

"You..." Kai sighed. He always loses whenever Chanyeol stares at him like a kicked puppy. "You shouldn't have said bad things about Sehun."

Kai noticed a slight emotion on Chanyeol's orbs but the other immediately tuned it down.

"Sometimes your possessivenes really get into my nerve," Kai massaged his temple slightly. "I know you love me, Channie. I also love you, but I don't even mind when Baekhyun comes to you and play with you. Why can't you jus-"

"Aren't I give an exception to Taemin?" Chanyeol's eyes darkened almost immediately. "I understand Taemin completely because he's your best friend. Just like Baekhyun to me. But that Oh Sehun, he is dangerous. I can see it. He wants you in that way. I don't want to hand you to him. No. Not.ever"

"That's ridiculous, Channie," Kai siged. "Can't you see that Sehun has a boyfriend already? He wouldn't get any interest on me!"

"Well are you defending him, now?" Chanyeol raised his voice all of sudden, startled Kai. "I don't care whether he has a boyfriend or not! I don't like it when he's around you! You are mine! Mine! Mine only!"

"Chanyeol!" Kai almost shouted his words out, but kept it low. "You are too much! Now go, because I don't want to see you for a while until you fix your m-"

Kai gasped when all of sudden Chanyeol grabbed his arms and stepped inside of the house. Chanyeol's almost lifted Kai off the ground and it freaked out Kai. "Chan- stop! Stop!"

Chanyeol slammed Kai to the wall with a great force and brought his face closer to the tanned guy. Kai widened his eyes in fear and squirmed around.

"Y-you are crazy! Let me go! Don't do something weird!"

Chanyeol brought his face even closer to Kai's face. Their nose touched and Kai could clearly see Chanyeol's flaming orbs.

"Chan- stop-" Kai felt his breath hitched and he shut his eyes closed tightly. He froze in his place and...

Nothing happened.

Kai opened his eyes when he didn't feel anything and found Chanyeol had fallen to the floor.

"I'm a bastard" Chanyeol cried out. "I'm sorry, Kai-ah. I don't know that you hate I'm being close with Baekhyun. I-it's okay, I will put a distance between us b-but please forgive me"

Kai was completely loss at words. He could just staring at Chanyeol with eyes opened wide. What should he do? Comfort him?

"I will do anything but please forgive me" Chanyeol sobs softly and Kai's heart immediately clenched when he heard that.

"No, no... That's okay" Kai knelt down and brought Chanyeol closer to his chest. "I'm- I'm sorry. That's my fault. I-it's not like that...ermm.. I'm not forbiding you to spend times with Baekhyun. It just... Ermm..."

Chanyeol raised his head and stared at Kai with that most beautiful teary eyes.

"...that's...no matter" Kai whispered out his last sentence, too hypnotized with Chanyeol's eyes.

Chanyeol suddenly shot up and kissed Kai. So gently, slowly consuming Kai's lips.

"I love you..." Chanyeol whispered and sent a vibrant throughout Kai's body.

"I love you too..."

And Chanyeol smirked when he heard that statement.

Yes... I love you and you love me too...

I am completely yours...

And you are completely mine, Kai...

 

***

 

Sehun arrived at his and Kai's shared house after do a "serious" planning with Hyuna. He narrowed his eyes when he saw someone walked out from the house. A tall, big and-

Wait, Chanyeol?

Sehun froze when his eyes and Chanyeol's met. He could see Chanyeol's also surprised, and suddenly the other's eyes darkened.

"Oi, Sehun-ah"

Sehun looked past Chanyeol and saw Kai was standing at the front door and waved his right arm with a charming smile.

. They made up?

Chanyeol gave Sehun an icy cold stare before walked passed the blonde guy without any words. Sehun glanced at Chanyeol who made his way to the car and rolled his eyes.

Darn it, seems like that guy really hate him now.

Sehun sighed and approached Kai who was standing on the doorway. "Yo"

"It's so rare to see you going home this late" Kai pursed his lips.

"Well, what to do?" Sehun raised his shoulders. "Final exams are coming. I have to go for studying with my friends"

"With Hyuna?" Kai asked and almost bit his own tongue at the sarcastic tone that slipped off his tongue.

"Yes of course" Sehun said without noticing Kai's tone and walked straight to the living room. "It's getting really cold lately. It's just November. I don't know what will happen in December"

Kai trailed behind him, still pretty curious about who's this Hyuna girl.

"Hey, I'm going to make hot chocolate. Do you want some?"

Kai startled when Sehun suddenly asked him and just nodded quickly. The tan guy watched as Sehun made his way to the kitchen and started to prepared their hot chocolates.

"Who's Hyuna?" Kai asked bluntly while sitting on the sofa. "You mentioned her name many times"

"She's my best friend" Sehun answered while pouring hot water to the cup.

"Do You spend a lot of time with her?" Kai couldn't help but ask. "Wouldn't Luhan get jealous when he know this?"

Sehun's movement stopped and he glanced at Kai who stared back with an innocent clueless face. "He wouldn't"

"Who knows?" Kai scouted himself closer to the plushies. "Maybe he secretly feel that way but he doesn't bother to tell you anything. He looks like he wouldn't voice out any protest to you anyway"

"Wouldn't voice out any protest?" Sehun turned his head to Kai. "What do you mean?"

"I don't really know Luhan" Kai tilted his head a little. "But I don't think he's the type who talks about his own self a lot. He looks like hiding many things for his own self. B-but I don't know- I'm not close to him at all. H-he's a nice guy o-or maybe he just don't want to talk something private to m-"

"We broke up"

Kai froze and his jaw hung opened. "What?"

"We broke up" Sehun repeated while stirring the hot chocolate. "Me and Luhan. We broke up today"

Kai didn't know what to say, so he just kept his mouth shut. He watched intensely as Sehun made his way to him and placed one mug of hot chocolate infront of him.

"I don't think both me and Luhan have that kind of feeling" Sehun said while sipping his hot chocolate a little. "We are actually... More into a friend than a lover"

Kai didn't reply and just let Sehun continued with his story.

"But I think I've given him a freedom by letting this relationship fails. I can't give him the happiness that he wants. I can't give him that 'love'. He's not happy with me. So... Yeah. It's time for break up"

"Well" Kai winced at his hoarshe voice. "I... I don't know what to say"

"Luhan has gotten himself his real love anyway" Sehun gulped when a sudden pain hit his chest. Even though he doesn't love Luhan in that way, still he got hurt when he knew he couldn't be that perfect to comfort Luhan. Why can't he? What is he lacking?

Kai blinked. It must be the guy who Luhan told him back then. Yeah, Luhan's own friend. The one that Kai saw at Myungdong.

Well, Luhan looks happy with that guy. Sehun is absolutely losing here. Kai didn't know why but his heart suddenly clenched painfully at those thoughts. He gulped and raised his hand, moving it toward Sehun's back. He wanted to carress it and told him that it's okay. Something better is yet to come.

But he ended up slapping Sehun's back instead.

"Don't be so cloudy! It's not like Oh Sehun that I know!"

Sehun coughed when Kai's hand hit him hard. He turned his head to saw Kai's all smiling face.

"I bet you will find someone that matters to you soon. That's okay, breaking up is not that bad. It doesn't mean the world's coming to an end, right? It just a sign that Luhan is not the one for you and you have to keep moving forward to get someone that is meant to be with you"

Sehun gave Kai a weak smile.

What would I do...

If you are the one that I want to be with, Kai?

 

***

 

Sehun and Hyuna were now in the canteen of Chung Ang college, Chanyeol's college.

Well, don't ask how these guys know Chanyeol's college. It takes a lot of courage for Sehun to asked Kai. It's even more suspicious when Sehun asked Kai about Chanyeol's schedule.

Luckily Kai was too dumb to notice.

Well, scratch that. Sehun would never call the love of his life 'dumb'.

Well, what about...

Innocent?

Yeah, forget it.

"Park Chanyeol?" A girl with a short hair furrowed her eyebrows. "Well... That guy... I don't really know him... but he looks good, especially with those long legs. Well yeah, he's handsome"

Hyuna felt like palming her face. "Nicole-ah, you surely don't know anything about that man?"

"I don't" Nicole, the girl with the short hair, shook her head. "We are in a different major so I don't really know him"

Sehun watched intensely at Park Chanyeol who was eating his chicken while laughing with some of his friends. Beside Chanyeol, there's Baekhyun. The petite guy just smile cutely whenever his friends throw a joke.

"What major does that Chanyeol take?" Hyuna asked.

"He takes international business management. He goes to the same classes with my friend Kr- hei! Kris! Come here quickly!"

Sehun and Hyuna both turned their heads in confusion when Nicole suddenly went all excited.

A guy dressed in all white smiled and waved his hand at Nicole. He walked casually toward the three of them. "Hei"

Sehun blinked at the deep voice. It almost reminding him of Chanyeol's voice but this guy's voice is slightly crispier. His funny Korean accent also attracted Sehun.

"Guys, this is Kris. My friend who takes a major in International Business Management, the same major with Park Chanyeol" Nicole introduced Kris to both Hyuna and Sehun.

"Nice to meet you guys" Kris gave a slight smile who melted everyone...but these two persons infront of him.

"We have some questions about Chanyeol." Nicole changed her voice, almost whispering and she pulled Kris's shirt. "Sit, sit."

Kris sat on the chair with a confused expression. "Park Chanyeol? About what?"

"That Chanyeol and that Beakhie guy,-" Hyuna whispered.

"Baekhyun, Hyuna." Sehun corrected.

"Yeah, whatever his name is. Are they close? Like, so close?"

"Yes, they are best friends." Kris answered. "The two of them always stick around together no matter where they go. Always. Baekhyun is also take the same major with Chanyeol so... Yeah they two are inseparable."

"Are you two close? You and Park Chanyeol." Sehun asked curiously.

Kris turned his head and stared at Sehun's face for some seconds. "Err... N-not really. But I do spend some times with them. Just as a hangout buddies."

"Do you know that Chanyeol has a boyfriend already?"

"Of course," Kris nodded. "That Kai guy, right? Chanyeol talks about him all the time."

Sehun sighed, defeated. Chanyeol surely likes Kai, huh?

"I sometimes pity Baekhyun." Kris said while looking at Baekhyun. "We all know that he likes Chanyeol. But he himself doesn't have that guts to tell Chanyeol."

"Baekhyun?" Sehun widened his eyes. "Oh my God! That childhood friend of his?"

This is dangerous! Sehun should be really be extra careful with Kai's best friend. Luhan was stolen by his best friend. Now, Baekhyun, Chanyeol's best friend also loves Chanyeol.

Best friends are dangerous.

Sehun has to pay attention to Taemin!

"Does Chanyeol know about this?" Hyuna asked hesitatedly.

"Well," Kris huffed. "Chanyeol know it already, but he doesn't bother to accept Baekhyun's feeling."

"So sad..." Nicole commented.

"It's sad but Baekhyun doesn't leave Chanyeol at all even though he got rejected." Kris shrugged.

Sehun stared at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were giggling at each other. He scoffed and turned his attention back only to caught Kris's eyes were boring onto his.

"What?" Sehun asked, confused.

"Nothing." Kris smirked and turned his attention back to Nicole.

 

***

 

After asking here and there about Chanyeol to Kris, Sehun and Hyuna finally bid their goodbye.

Hyuna had to sacraficed herself when Kris asked them the reason why they asked a lot of things about Chanyeol.

"My friend here has a crush on that Park so she kinda dragged me here to spy on him." Sehun pointed at Hyuna with the most carefree expression in the world.

Hyuna couldn't say anything, just stared at Sehun with mouth hung open wide.

Okay, that's a sacrafition you know.

"Your friends are interesting." Kris grinned while he and Nicole made their way out of the canteen. "Especially the blonde boy. He's really cute."

Nicole furrowed her eyebrows when Kris said that. All the things that Nicole remembered about Sehun is that the blonde guy always throws flat expression whenever he talks.

How could Kris call that cute?

"That guy, is really my style." Kris smirked. "Are you close to him, Nicole?"

"Not really, actually we just met today." Nicole explained. "Don't say that you are after him, Kris. I don't think he's single"

"Would it be a matter for Kris Wu if that guy is not single?" Kris smirked while tilting his head to the right. "I'm Kris Wu, Nicole. Remember?"

And I...

Always get what I want...

 

 

A/n

 

New chapter is up, guys! X) Hehehe I'm so sorry for the super late update lately, guys :(

Guess what? I'm going to finish this story within this month and carry on with the new project story! X) I will need your guys's help later on So help me, please? *puppy.eyes*

So yeahh I was planning to stick Kris with Kai actually but I cancelled it and change it with Sehun instead keke

Errm.. Do you guys think it's weird?

So it's all for today's chapter X)

See u guys on the next chapter!

 

*kisses from Indonesia, fallenenigma*