Chapter 18 - Confusing heart.

What is "Perfection"?

Kai entered the house while humming a song. He was so cheerful because the exam's ended. Now he could enjoy the upcoming christmast in peace. Kai then dashed to the bathroom and preparing himself a hot bath.

Christmas is coming~ let it feels like christmas~

When the tan guy walked out of the bathroom, he spotted Sehun also had just come out from his bed room.

"Yo, Sehun-ah!" Kai grinned happily.

"H-hei." Sehun replied with an awkward tone, mostly because Kai suddenly pop out infront of his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Me? I'm baking cookies." Sehun said while show Kai some packs of ingredients on his hand.

"Hmmm..." Kai nodded. "What cookies? Choco chip cookies? Corn flakes cookies?"

"What kind of cookies do you want?" Sehun asked back.

"You are going to bake me some cookies?" Kai asked happily. "Hmmm... Cookies... Cookies... Ah! I want you to make me some christmas cookies!"

"Oh?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of cookies?"

"I want a snowman-shaped cookies!" Kai exclaimed happily. "And can you put chocolate chips inside? I'm gonna love it to the max!"

Sehun bit back his lip when it's about to part open.

Cookies? Snowman-shaped?

Well... Such a childish request.

But... anything for Kai.

Sehun nodded and watched as Kai entered the bathroom. He then took out his phone. And made a call.

"Luhan-ah, how to make cookies? The one with snowman-shaped."

 

 

***

 

 

Kai inhaled his chocolate-scented bodywash deeply. It smells damn good. Kai sighed as he played lightly with the bubbles.

Bubble bubble bubble~

Kai smiled as he blew the bubbles on his hand happily. What on earth the thing that made him so happy?

Of course...

...

...

...

...

Cookie?

Of course it's cookies!

Kai loves to eat so much, right?

Of course it's cookies!

Kai rinsed his body off from all the soaps on his bath-tub.

Omo, it's almost an hour! Kai spends too much time to bathing! Kai dried himself, wear clothes and then walked out from his bathroom and froze when he saw Luhan was standing at the kitchen, standing close to Sehun.

Making cookies.

"Hi," Luhan flashed a sweet smile toward Kai. "Long time no see."

"H-hi." Kai awkrwardly answered back.

What is this? Were they finally made up?

"Hun-ah, don't make it too small! Look, they are not balance each other at all!" Luhan protested while hitting Sehun's shoulder.

"Too small? Are you serious?" Sehun asked and then groaned. "Troublesome cookies! How to make it looked pretty? Gosh, I don't want it to be ugly!"

"Roll the dough like this." Luhan said while grabbing Sehun's hands and guided it roll the cookie dough into a pretty ball.

Kai watched them in silence, observing their every movements.

If they're finally made up, that'd be good.

But why Kai didn't feel good?

"-i... Kai?"

Kai snapped off his head and turned it to faced HunHan couple again. "Yes?"

"Do you want a strawberry-filled one? Or the chocolate one? We will make a filled-cookies." Luhan smiled brightly.

"E-eh... Err... C-chocolate..." Kai stuttered out nervously. "Chocolate?"

Luhan hummed in approvement. "Got it. I will bake it for you. Just wait, okay?"

Kai smiled and nodded.

He didn't know why but his heart suddenly felt heavy. He sighed and approached the sofa. He lightly sat himself down and stared at the two boys who were making cookies.

"I told you that it's too big!"

Kai couldn't help but turned his head when he heard Luhan's groan.

"Tch! Troublesome!" Sehun sighed but he kept rolling the cookie dough heartfully. "I couldn't keep it up anymore!"

Luhan huffed and grabbed the cookie dough away from Sehun. He then rolled the cookie dough in a professional way then put it on the tray.

"Okay, it's all done! Now time to bake it!"

Sehun took some steps backward and letting Luhan to take the hold control of his kitchen.

Luhan should make a yummy cookie! Because Kai will be the one who eat it.

Sehun bit the inside of his cheek and blushed bright red.

Omo, look at him! So much in love just like a highschool girl!

Sehun sighed and glanced at Kai who was sitting on the sofa, playing with his phone with pout on his face.

What's up with that pout?

Did someone do something wrong?

Or that stupid Park Chanyeol hurt Kai...again?

Well let me punch him to death!

Sehun felt a jolt on his stomach when Kai turned his head and caught his eyes. He looked away almost immediately, body movements become so awkward. Sehun then walked to approach Luhan so he wouldn't looked weird or something like that and almost tripped himself on way there.

He didn't look back to Kai.

And he didn't know a spark of jealousy flashed on Kai's eyes.

No, he didn't see it.

 

 

***

 

 

"Does it tastes bad?"

Kai snapped his head to caught Luhan's eyes staring at him worriedly. "Why don't you eat them all?"

"A-ah..." Kai let out a nervous chuckle. "N-never mind. I... I just wondering around for a bit. I-it tastes super good!"

Luhan nodded his head, a little suspicious of Kai's answer. He didn't know why but Kai didn't looked too happy today.

"Is there something bothering you?" Luhan asked lightly.

Both Kai and Sehun seemed startled with Luhan's question.

"E-eh?"

"You daze off a lot, Kai." Luhan said with a slight hint of worry on his voice. "Something is off?"

"N-no..." Kai shook his head and chuckled again. "I'm all okay! It just tastes so good! Hmmm... The cookies that made with love is totally different, huh? I bet this tastes even better because you guys have made up! Such a love-filled cookies!"

Sehun and Luhan blinked their eyes for a second.

"No, we are not coming back together." Sehun shook his head lightly.

"Huh?"

"Me and Luhan, are not coming back together." Sehun explained again. "Luhan has gotten Xiumin as his boyfriend now."

"Really?" Kai turned his head, surprised.

"Well, yeah..." Luhan nodded. "I'm just coming for help, since Sehun really wants to give the best cookies for you. Since he couldn't bake any cookies, I'm the one who do it. I hope you wouldn't mind, Kai."

Kai blinked confusedly.

"...and I wouldn't risk you got poisoned if you eat his handmade cookies. You know he had almost dropping blackpepper instead of sugar before."

"It's because you put it on the same box!" Sehun protested.

"Can't you just open it first and smell it?" Luhan groaned.

"If you put it on the different jar, I wouldn't get so confused!"

"Tsk! You!"

Kai watched the two of them argued each other.

But with a very much lighter heart.

 

 

***

 

 

After an hour of munching the cookies and watching television, Xiumin then came to fetch Luhan.

"My boyfriend is here." Luhan murmurred while heading to the front door with super big smile.

Kai and Sehun followed behind in silence.

Luhan opened the front door and his boyfriend was leaning on the door frame. Xiumin smiled sweetly when he saw his boyfriend's face.

"Hi, honey."

"Hi baby!" Luhan hugged his boyfriend tightly. "I made some cookies for you! Here give it a try!"

Sehun and Kai watched as Luhan fed Xiumin a bite of his cookies.

"Yummy!" Xiumin smiled happily. "You are the queen of the kitchen, baby."

 

Kai stole a glance at Sehun who was staring at the couple infront of them with a flat face.

Sehun's jealous?

Of Luhan?

Sehun still love Luhan?

Really?

Kai sighed lightly and kept his head down.

Luhan and Xiumin finally bid their goodbye and went out of the house.

"T-They are such a sweet couple aren't they?" Kai asked with a light voice. "Aren't you jealous with them?"

"Yes..." Sehun muttered and made his way to the living room.

Of course, who's not jealous? Sehun really wants Kai to treat him that way!

Feeding him cookies, call him baby, love him...

"...of course I'm jealous..."

Sehun sighed and went to the living room.

Kai on the other hand fell silent. Sehun still loves Luhan.

And somehow Kai's heart fell again.

 

***

 

Someone smirked as he took his eyes off Kai's house. He had been watching it since days ago.

A stalker?

Yeah, you may say so.

After a while, he drove off to left the house. And he make sure to comeback on the next day.

 

 

A/n

 

 

Please please please don't kill me! DX

I promise I'll update frequently from now on! *pinky.promise*

It's just... The exam had just ended and I had to go for 4 days of training in my college and after that join 2 days of holiday.

Trust me, I'm trying hard to update but it just couldn't work! DX

This chapter maybe short. That's ok, I will write the new chapters tonight! Asap! X)

Have a nice time reading!

 

*kisses from Indonesia, fallenenigma*