Reassurance

A Princess Love Story

IU; Boo

----

South Korea, Seoul | Present

Setting – Ritz Carlton Seoul; Entrance | 1:00 PM

Outfit

----

Jinae stepped inside the taxi and headed straight for the hotel that she was currently staying at, with her family.  She was too exhausted to do anything else.  After the heated argument with a rude boy, that she didn’t even know the name of, her hair was in a mess, her clothes were all wrinkly, her feet ached from the heels, and her makeup was runny.

“Today was the worst day of my life…” I mumbled, taking out my handheld mirror to examine my horrible state.

“Never going on these stupid blind dates again.  How could Jinyoung Oppa do this to me?  I thought he would at least choose someone with manners,” I wondered aloud. 

“Never in my life, would I marry someone like him!” I shouted, while kicking the driver’s seat in front of me.

“Um, sorry to interrupt Agashi, but do you mind keeping it down?  It’s hard to drive around with you shouting, not to mention kicking,” the taxi driver chuckled.  

“Ah… sure, sorry about that,” I replied quietly, as I slumped down in my seat.

I looked out the window and watched the scenery go by.  As much as I like Korea, I do miss the States, where I grew up.  I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes.  Before I knew it, I drifted off to a deep sleep.

----

Goong OST; Goong

----

My eyes fluttered open and I saw an exquisite building standing directly in front of me.  I looked down and to my surprise, I was clothed in a piece of Korea’s finest traditional clothing, especially made for the royalty.  I smoothed out the delicate fabric and cautiously entered the building.  I explored every corner of the room, which was decorated with many traditional Korean patterns, painted flowers, ancient artifacts, and classical instruments.

I walked over to the display case and let my fingers sweep across the artifacts.  Why does it seem like I’ve been here before? Unable to come up with a logical answer, I continued to absorb every detail inside the room.

Everything was made of the most expensive resources including platinum and gold.  As I walked further, I reached a balcony with two magnificent chairs, ones especially furnished for the royals. 

In front of one of the chairs stood a male, also dressed in traditional clothing; but I could only see his back.  Down below, there was a huge crowd of people cheering for him, celebrating and throwing confetti in the air, while he waved in response. 

I continued to scan the crowd in awe, until a voice broke my gaze.  The gentleman had turned around and extended his arm towards me.  “Come and join me, my wife,” he said in a gentle voice.  I looked at his hand and just as I was about to place my hand in his, I glanced up and his face came into view.  Despite his attire… he was familiar.  I took a closer look and realized…

----

Secret Garden OST; Secret Garden

----

“NO!” I shouted, immediately jumping out of my seat, only to hit my head on the roof of the taxi.

“Agashi, we’ve arrived at your destination,” the taxi driver replied. 

“O-Okay, thank you.” I laughed nervously and handed him the taxi fare. 

----

South Korea, Seoul | Present

Setting – The Westin Chosun | 2:00 PM

----

As I was making my way back to the hotel room, a flood of thoughts rushed through my head. 

“That was a recurring dream… but why did I replace that woman this time?  Why, why, why?” I couldn’t help but wonder aloud, while walking down the winding hallway. 

“That guy in my dream… that stupid boy.  It’s him! Ew, I can’t believe he was in my dream, so embarrassing.  What is wrong with you, Jung Jinae?” I hit the side of my head, while opening the door.

“It must be because he was saying all that crazy stuff about being the Crown Prince of Korea and he was the last person I saw… yes, that’s why.  I must be going insane since I loathe him so much.” I concluded, kicking off my heels and surrendering to the comfort of the couch. 

“But just maybe, what if he is the Crown Prince of Korea?” I pondered, sitting up. 

I grabbed the remote and the widescreen Plasma.  Just as I turned it on, a commercial of the Prince of Korea came up.

“Ritz Carlton, brought to you by Prince Sandeul of Korea!”

I shuffled in my seat and bit my lip, waiting for the Prince to show up.

“Come visit Korea and live in Ritz Carlton.”

The Prince walked into the hotel and he was greeted by rows and rows of employees.

“Experience first class service…”

The setting then switched to him sitting in a Jacuzzi.

“Luxurious facilities…”

And what I thought was the most exorbitant hotel room I have ever seen.

“And the best hotel room, fit for royalty.”

The commercial ended with him flashing the viewers a bright smile.

I sighed with relief. 

“See Jinae?  That’s the Prince of Korea.  Relax…” I smiled to myself.

I got up to raid the hotel fridge, when I heard the theme song of one of my favourite dramas playing.

I quickly grabbed an apple and jumped onto the couch.

“OJAKGYO BROTHERS!” I shouted in delight.

“Joowon and UEE are a match made in heaven.  He’s so insanely handsome and she’s so pretty.” I sighed.

I sat down and made myself comfortable while watching the drama.   

After finishing an episode, I trudged towards the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed.  I didn’t even care that I didn’t change or wash up; I was too tired to care.

----

Secret Garden OST; Guardian Angel

----

South Korea, Seoul | Present

Setting – The Westin Chosun | 11:00 PM

----

A few hours later, the hotel door clicked open, as Jinyoung and his parents made their way in.  They were exhausted from the long day, it was tiring and they didn’t even have any spare time to contact Jinae.

“I wonder how her blind date went,” Jinyoung thought. 

“Jinae!  Jinae?  We’re back,” Jinyoung walked into the living room but she was nowhere in sight. 

He made his way to her bedroom and saw her sleeping face-first on her pillow, her body still on top of the covers.

He chuckled to himself and quietly approached her. 

He flipped her around so that her face wasn’t in her pillow, and he noticed drool on her pillow and messy makeup.

“How typical of Jinae,” he laughed, covering his mouth to keep the volume down.

He tucked her under the covers and took a seat on the side of her bed.

Although the lights in the room were turned off, the bit of light streaming in from the hallway was clear enough for Jinyoung to have a good look at Jinae.

He looked at her sleeping peacefully and carefully brushed loose strands of hair out of her face.

“What should I do with you, Jinae?” he murmured.

“The biggest phase in your life is going to come soon… will you be able to handle it?” he questioned quietly, his hand still on her cheek, a worried expression visible on his face.

After staring at Jinae for a bit longer, Jinyoung stood up and placed a small kiss on her forehead.  Then, he quietly exited her room and shut the door.

“If it’s Jinae, she can do it.  If it’s our special girl Jinae… I know she can do it.” Jinyoung whispered softly.

----

APLS READERS!  We haven't written an A/N in a while haha, 'cause we're lazy like that.  Well, just for your information... we'll be quickening the pace as we realized that it was a bit slow OTL.  Expect a whole lot to happen in the upcoming chapters, ahaha.  Jinae will be entering Gyeongbokgung soon!  Also, the long-awaited arrival of the second lead is also set to come up soon, yes, behold the great No Minwoo LOL.  That should captivate your interest haha.  Before I forget, although this is kind of trivial... all the song links have been uploaded on another server (box.com), as we are aware that some of the YouTube links are broken.  However, you must click on the song for it to play - it won't automatically play by itself once you click on the site.  Okay, we have too much to say hahaha.  Expect an update soon, we're almost done Chapter 8. ;3  Comments are much appreciated.