Keep Calm and Await the Crazy

A Princess Love Story

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – RKRS; Cafeteria | 12:00 PM

----

Outfits

----

Can You Hear My Heart OST; Play With Me

----

The school bell went off signaling the start of lunch.  Jinae glanced around the room and saw that everyone had already grabbed a friend and started to head to the cafeteria, happily chatting about their plans after school or what they were going to have for lunch.  Most of the girls in the classroom quickly rushed out and giggled about how it was their favourite time of the day, being able to admire the Crown Prince and his friends from afar.  Soon, everyone had left the classroom.  Although Jinae loved to eat she decided to skip out on lunch today.  After what happened this morning, she felt that she should avoid the crowds for a while.  She sighed, laid her head on her desk, and closed her eyes, hoping to get some rest.  

Meanwhile at the cafeteria, most students had already settled down after buying their lunch.  As one would expect, the type of food they ate wasn't what the typical high school student ate for lunch.  A regular lunch meal for students at RKRS consisted of New York Strip Steak exclusively made by award-winning chefs from five-star hotels around the world, with simple side dishes such as salad or vegetables.  Fountain pop and juice were replaced with carbonated water or a small glass of red wine.  Occasionally, they would finish off their meal with a premium dessert.  These meals rendered for ₩100,000 to ₩200,000 per person, not something that an average person could afford to spend on lunch everyday.  Moreover, the cafeteria was no ordinary cafeteria.  It resembled the banquet hall of the renowned Lotte Hotel, boasting a magnificently grand atmosphere.  The school had requested a global architectural firm to design the cafeteria as an open concept, where windows were placed at the top and sides, so a natural sunlight shone in while they ate in peace.

In the cafeteria there is a dining table reserved solely for the Crown Prince and his friends that is placed in a separate room.  All of their food is brought out at once to them personally, served by the top chef at their arrival.  The room isn't used only as a dining area, in fact, it's filled with leather love-seats and Samsung Smart TVs, anything one could ever imagine.  As this room was especially designed for the Crown Prince, it has the ambience of the modern palace.  

----

Girl’s Day - 나 어때 (Inst.)

----

At this time, they walked into the cafeteria with their perfect formation, emitting virtual rays of light, while all the girls jumped and squealed, pushing each other while trying to get a better view.  Crown Prince Gongchan was in the centre of the posse, standing slightly in front the others.  He displayed strong charisma and smiled politely.  Prince Sandeul was to the right of Gongchan, wearing his trademark sunny smile, while waving to everyone.  Baro was on the other side of Gongchan, looking somewhat tough and unapproachable.  Although he looks a bit vigorous, when he smiles, his aegyo comes pouring out.  Shinwoo was beside Baro, he doesn't care much about attention and usually wears a straight face.  However, when girls scream his name he feels embarrassed and awkwardly smiles in response, as he brushes the back of his neck with his hand.  When they finally went inside their room, the girls retreated and went back to their own tables, as they knew that the Crown Prince valued privacy.

“Ahhh, I honestly can’t stand all those girls with googly eyes.  I would tell them to stop bothering me if the royals didn't have an image to keep,” Baro groaned while surrendering to the comfort of the love-seat, pouting at Gongchan and Sandeul.

“I agree, shivers run down my spine when they scream over us like that,” Shinwoo sighed, while joining Baro on the love-seat and taking off his glasses to wipe them.

“Aww really?  It does get annoying but I think it’s sweet of everyone to give us so much love,” Sandeul replied cheerily.

Instantly, Gongchan glared at Sandeul.

“Seriously, I don't understand you, Gong Sandeul.  Can’t you be less jovial and more refined like the rest of us?  Stop waving to the girls, you act like you’re a celebrity!  I'm so embarrassed that you’re my cousin.” Gongchan lectured.

“My baby cousin is embarrassed of me?  How cute,” Sandeul cooed while patting Gongchan’s head, only to have his hand swatted away in seconds.

Everyone burst out in laughter.

“By the way, I didn’t see the girl from this morning in the cafeteria when we walked in... I wonder where she is.” Shinwoo started.

“Oh yeah, I wonder where she is!  Jinae, right?  She’s pretty cute... what do you guys think of her?” Baro’s eyes sparkled as he talked about her.

Gongchan rolled his eyes as Baro mentioned her name.

“I think she’s shy, sweet, polite, and quite adorable... like a lady.” Shinwoo commented, while flipping through a book.

Gongchan had to fake a cough to refrain from laughing.  They have no clue how she’s really like, he thought, while rolling his eyes.  

Sandeul saw Gongchan’s expression and smiled.  Abruptly, he took out his cell phone.   

 

To:  Jinyoung

Guess what?  I think that everything will be fine.  Our Crown Prince seems to have interest in Jinae!

- Sandeul

 

To:  Prince Sandeul

Seriously?  That’s great!  But how?  

- Jinyoung 

 

To:  Jinyoung

Well, the other guys were "fanboying" about Jinae and he seemed sort of bothered.  He coughed and rolled his eyes, as if he didn't like how they were interested in her.  

- Sandeul

 

To:  Sandeul

Wow, I never knew my dongsaeng could attract so many guys, haha!  Then, I guess we’re progressing well.  Thanks for the update!

- Jinyoung

----

Goong OST; 닿지 못한 마음

----


Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – Gyeongbokgung; Gates of Back Entrance | 12:30 PM

----

“Thank you so much for dropping by again,” a woman wearing a hanbok said, as she bowed deeply to the young man who stood in front of her.

“No, it is my pleasure.”  He returned the bow, full of grace and manner.

As he looked up at her with a gentle smile, she touched his cheek softly with a sad smile on her face.

“Thank you for growing up so well.  I still remember when you were a young child; despite being only a year or two older than the others, you always put them first before yourself.  You were selfless, and you still are now.  You would have been the best role model for them while growing up… why did that have to happen?” she responded, while a glistening trickled down her face.

“Please do not cry as they have grown up well, and so have I.”  He replied, while offering her a handkerchief.

“I am deeply sorry that I could not do anything to protect you and your family,” she whispered, as she dried the tears off her face.

He smiled at her, full of understanding.  

“You did the best you could and we'll always be grateful for that.  I shall take my leave now, but we will meet again next week, when their first official meeting will take place.”  He said, while giving a last goodbye bow.

“Please take care, Joongjunmama.”  

Then, he went inside the car with tinted windows and left the palace gates soundlessly through the back entrance. 

----

APLS readers, alksdjfalksdj.  We haven't updated in months, OMG {and we're really sorry for that}.  But at least we haven't given up on APLS, right?  A few things to make note of, for those of you that aren't sure how much  ₩100,000 to ₩200,000 is, it's roughly $90 to $180 USD.  Also, just to clarify, we know Sandeul's surname is Lee, but as he is Gongchan's cousin in APLS {his dad is the King's brother}, they have the same surname.  So, can any of you guess who the young man is?  Please remember to leave some feedback!  We'll be sure to reply to your lovely comments. :3  Btw we have tons to tell you guys [since we went to Korea this past summer], but we'll save that for next time. (8  Once again, sorry for the immense lack of updates, but do expect this story to be [slightly] active from now on.  We love you guys haha.