RKRS | The Republic of Korea’s Royal School

A Princess Love Story

Goong OST; Crystal Flower

----
 
Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – Gyeongbokgung; Seja’s Bedroom | 1:00 AM

----

I lay on my bed as still as a statue, facing the ceiling and counting the amount of ceramic flowers I could find on the wallpaper.  “150, 151, 152…” I sighed and started counting from zero again.  “0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…” I tossed from side to side and finally, sat up straight, knowing that I wasn’t going to be able to sleep tonight. 

Since Seja is close to his coming of age, will his wedding be planned anytime soon?”  At that very moment, out of the corner of my eye I caught Ahbamama and Uhmamama exchanging glances.

“Aishhhh, damn it.”  I kicked my Pororo sitting at the edge of my bed and it fell over.  “They always keep secrets from me…” I heaved a sigh and bent down to pick up my Pororo, then embraced it.  “I can only trust Pororo right?”  I smiled at the miniature penguin and tucked it underneath the blankets, so that it was sleeping right beside me.  “I’ll have to ask Jungshin-ssi to assist me in monitoring the communication lines of the palace tomorrow.” I whispered softly.  Then, I drifted off into dreamland. 

----

Goong OST; 복장 불량! 

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – Gyeongbokgung; Seja’s Bedroom | 7:00 AM

Outfit

----

“GONG CHANSHIK, you stupid, idiotic Crong face!” someone yelled into my ear. 

“What the hell!” I muttered some gibberish and turned the other way, pulling the covers over my face. 

“Yah, Crongchan can you stop being a lazy pig?  We have school today, it seems like you forgot.”  The voice teased in a singsong manner.  Then, the boy slipped under the covers beside me. 

“CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?” I whined. 

“Oh, would you look at that, our baby is mad!” he laughed. 

“I’m serious.” I growled. 

“Make me.” he snickered.  I started kicking back and forth like mad, until he fell off the bed. 

“Okay, okay… I surrender!  All hail Prince Gongchan!” he knelt on the ground, hands placed together elegantly, bending his waist at a perfect ninety-degree angle.  I peeked behind the covers and slowly slid off the bed. 

“How did you even get in here?” I questioned. 

“Who, me?” he replied. 

“Yeah, you.” I smirked. 

“Well, I’m just kind of related to you.  Also, the palace maids that guard your door… they kind of fell in love with my undeniably charismatic, cute and cuddly charms.  Hmm, what else?  Oh, I also coaxed Daebimama into giving me a spare key to open your door and since she knows how close we are, of course she agreed wholeheartedly and I always have m-” he babbled on without taking a breath. 

“Okay, okay.  I got the point!” I laughed. 

“Lastly, I’m none other than Prince Sandeul.” he attempted to make a y face and winked. 

“Ew… Deullie, those charms most certainly do NOT work on me.” I wrinkled up my nose in disgust and pushed him out the door, locking it behind me.  Oh Sandeul, he’s so bizarre… but I love my cousin. 

After changing into a plain white dress shirt and navy blue trousers, I gently opened my tie rack filled with ties of different colours, designs, and brands.  I reached for the navy blue tie with golden embroidery, the initials RKRS engraved in the bottom left corner. RKRS is an acronym for “The Republic of Korea’s Royal School”, a prestigious school only for the elite class; the children of the top businessmen, doctors, and lawyers in the nation.  Of course, it’s a school for the royals as well… but only Sandeul and I are of royal descent. 

I quickly flung on my grey cardigan, grabbed my blazer and walked down the narrow hallway leading to the entrance of Gyeongbokgung. 

“Wow, accessorizing with all Gucci today Channie?  When did you get that sleek Gucci watch?” Sandeul eyed it with dreamy eyes and bent down to get a good look when he saw the time on my watch.

“Hurry up, hurry up!  We’re late!” Sandeul exclaimed.  He sprinted down the hallway and ran outside.  I maintained my steady pace, ignoring his persistent whines.

“Gong Chanshik, you are deliberately being slow!” I laughed as my security guards eyed Sandeul for calling me by my full name. 

He sulked a bit and rolled up his car window.  Sandeul and I have separate cars; however they’re identical jet black Rolls-Royce Phantoms.  Why the separate cars?  Apparently, it’s to ensure our safety from berserk students at school. 

The last time we went to school in the same car, was last September.  I can still distinctly remember everything that happened that morning.  Sandeul persisted on saving gas as he had joined some environmental club at school.  Daebimama thought it was a splendid idea and thus, Sandeul and I went to school in one car.  When we arrived, we could barely step out of the car, because there were literally people in every single direction.  We had security guards they were just incompetent.  Sandeul, being the sly fox he is, was able to climb out the window.  However, just as he did, a fangirl roughly the size of a sumo wrestler barged her way through the security guards and hugged Sandeul so tight, that he got a nosebleed.  That’s why we don’t go to school in the same car anymore, it’s too hectic. 

“Seja, we’ve arrived.” my chauffeur said. 

“Okay.” I replied.  I gazed outside the window.  “Oh wow.” I muttered. 

----

박신혜; Lovely Day

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – RKRS; School Entrance & Hallway | 8:00 AM

Outfits

----

Just like any typical school day, everyone crowded around the school entrance and chanted “SEJA!  DAEGOONMAMA!  SEJA!  DAEGOONMAMA!” I stepped out of the car, my security guards extending their long arms, defending my body. Bouquets of flowers and love notes showered the air, but Sandeul and I are prohibited to receive any of them.  I walked quickly, trying to avoid the crowds of people at the entrance.  On the other hand, Sandeul flashed eye-smiles and waved pleasantly at the crowd. 

As soon as I arrived at the entrance, I spotted the usual crew.

“Good morning Seja, how are you?” two students chorused, while greeting me with a deep bow.   Shinwoo, the student with a tall figure, long hair, and glasses reached for my backpack and slung it onto his back.  Baro, the student with blonde hair and straight-cut bangs draped his arm around Shinwoo’s shoulder.

“Shall we protect our Seja?” Baro smiled while winking at Shinwoo. 

“Cut it out guys, I’m not a baby and stop calling me Seja please!” I rolled my eyes. I hugged Shinwoo’s back in an attempt to grab my backpack, but he maintained his firm grip on the handles.

“Shinwoo Hyung, why are you so strong?” I grumbled. 

“I work out.” he grinned and flexed his biceps. 

“Seems like flab to me…” Baro poked at his biceps and burst out laughing.  Shinwoo flicked Baro’s forehead and gritted his teeth.

I hate it when they call me Seja and treat me like a prince… I get enough of that at the Palace. The only way I can get them to stop is when I pretend to be angry with them, and so I came up with a quick plan.  

I shook my head disapprovingly and began walking down the corridor heading towards our homeroom class.  I could sense that they weren't following close behind, as they’re always scared of approaching me when I’m irritated. 

"Yah, look what you guys did!  Now, Gongchannie is mad!" Sandeul whispered.

"Seriously?  I'm scared of his furious side!" Baro gulped.  

"It's all your fault Baro!" Shinwoo narrowed his eyes.  Baro sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, while Sandeul ran up to Gongchan.

“Gongchannie, don’t be mad!  They’re so immature sometimes right?  They don’t understand that we, royals, only want to be treated like normal people.”  Sandeul began massaging Gongchan’s shoulders and in response, Gongchan looked the other way.

Baro and Shinwoo swallowed hard, as Sandeul motioned for them to apologize to Gongchan.  Little did they know that Gongchan was trying his best to refrain from bursting out in a fit of giggles.   

“How dare you call the great Seja by his nickname?!” Shinwoo gaped at Sandeul, but was really mimicking one of Gongchan’s guards.

Baro quickly caught on and began imitating Gongchan’s fangirls. “SEJA!  Ottoke, why are you sooo handsome?  What will we do when you need to get married?!” Baro poured out his aegyo, topping it off with a fake cry.   

Gongchan couldn’t hold his laughter in any longer, and burst out laughing. 

“Yay, you’re not mad anymore!” Sandeul jumped up and down gleefully.

“Honestly, I was never mad… I just wanted you guys to treat me like Gongchan, and not Seja Gong Chanshik you know?  I just want to be normal,” Gongchan sighed, while looking at the floor.

There was a short pause before Baro, Shinwoo and Sandeul gave each other sly smiles.  “Okay, you asked for it Gongchan!” they shouted.  Then, they pounced on him, tickled him, messed up his hair and hugged him tightly.   

“O-Okay hyungs!  I get it!” Gongchan said while hitting Shinwoo’s arm lightly, which encircled his neck.  They all walked to class laughing, while helping Gongchan tidy up his uniform and fix his hair.

“It’s so hard to live peacefully with royal blood running through us right Gongchan?” Sandeul asked dramatically with the back of his hand against his forehead and his eyes closed.  The others stared at Sandeul’s emotional expression, quickly hit him on the head, and ran inside the classroom laughing.

“How could you guys be so inconsiderate?  You know I’m royal too!” Sandeul pouted and ran in to join them.

----

Chocolat; Syndrome

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – RKRS; Homeroom Class | 8:15 AM

Outfits

----

As soon as the four boys stepped into the classroom, all the girls started squealing, screaming, and hugging each other. 

“Omona, I still can’t believe that I’m in the same class as Seja Oppa and his friends!”  A girl named Minah whispered to her friend Hyeri, who was utterly speechless; her eyes popping out of her sockets and wide open, trying to take in all of their charisma at once. 

Suddenly a loud “bang” made them wince and hug each other, their eyes shut close. 

Hyeri slowly opened one of her eyes and looked up to see Tia, Julianne and Melanie standing in front of her, arms crossed.  They weren’t your average rich girls… they were the Queenkas of the school.  Rumour has it that the three mixed race sisters are somehow related to the royals of Britain and thus, they immediately became the Queenkas of the school.  No one really fancied them, however they wouldn’t dare defy the three powerful girls. 

“Oppa?  SEJA OPPA?!  Don’t you dare say that again.” Melanie snapped as she took her foot off the desk, which was the cause of the “bang”, sound earlier. 

“You!  Stop opening your mouth and drooling at Seja and his friends, it’s disgusting.” Julianne snarled while pointing at Hyeri.

“Now girls, no need to be so rough…” Tia smiled and walked up to Minah and Hyeri, both shaking uncontrollably.  She gently patted their heads. 

“They just made slight mistakes… shall I teach them a lesson?” she continued, a small smile curved up her lips, her eyes gleaming.  Now, her hands were slowly making their way down their cheeks, but her nails clawed down leaving noticeable scratches. 

“Next time, you won’t be so lucky.  My nails will be replaced with something sharper, so be good from now on okay?” Tia finished with a bright smile. 

“I must leave now, Seja is impatiently waiting for me.  If you’d excuse us.” She flipped her hair aside and left the two girls shaking while she strutted towards the other side of the classroom with Melanie and Julianne following close behind, smirks plastered onto their faces.

----

손담비; Queen

----

Seoul, South Korea | Present

Setting – RKRS; Homeroom Class | 8:20 AM

----

On the other side of the classroom, Gongchan, Sandeul, Shinwoo and Baro were still joking around.  Gongchan was sitting at his desk while Sandeul, Shinwoo and Baro were doing another impersonation, this time of the three Queenkas. 

The three linked arms and stood in front of Gongchan full of attitude.  They each struck a pose and introduced themselves.

“Hi Oppas!  I’m Melanie, the short and tough one.” Sandeul spoke in broken Korean and grabbed a chair, stamping his foot on it and running his hand up and down his leg, trying to be y. 

“Hello Namjas!  I’m Julianne, the pretty and exotic one.” Baro cooed while putting his hands on his hips and sticking his rear to the side, once again in broken Korean.  

“Hey there, Seeja!  I’m Tia, the Queenka leader and the most beautiful one.” CNU squealed while twirling his long hair and sticking out his long legs. 

Gongchan doubled over at CNU’s accurate impersonation.  Tia honestly calls him Seeja instead of Seja.  He was about to speak when he felt a shiver up his spine.  He glanced up and saw the Queenkas coming, quickly telling the others with his eyes.  They all sat down and pretended to be occupied with something. 

“Good morning Seeja!” Tia squealed loudly.  Gongchan looked at her, emotionless and immediately went back to his work.

“Aww Seeja… you make me blush so early in the morning!” Tia shyly tapped her foot as she cupped her cheeks with both hands.   Gongchan remained unconcerned and didn’t respond, but Sandeul pretended to puke.

“Oh Sandeul Oppa!  Are you sick?” Julianne shouted.  She reached out to touch Sandeul’s forehead but he quickly dodged to the side and Baro came to his rescue.  

“Yes he is, don’t go near him or you’ll get sick too!” Baro warned her.  

“Baro Oppa, you’re so sweet!” Julianne sighed.  Baro couldn’t help but scrunch up his face in disapproval.  

“Shinwoo Oppa, your muscles are growing everyday!” Melanie was about to touch Shinwoo’s arms, when he faked a sneeze.  

“Seems like I’m catching the cold too…” Shinwoo lied in a muffled voice.  

“Let me give you a hug to make you feel better!” Melanie murmured.  She ran up to hug Shinwoo, when he put his hands in an “X” position. 

“I’m tough… I don’t need a hug,” Shinwoo responded avoiding eye contact.

“I absolutely love tough guys!” Melanie screeched.  Shinwoo sneezed again, in order to keep from choking. 

Tia glanced at her newly acquired Cartier Ballon Bleu watch.  “Aw, class is going to start soon!  We’ll return to our seats, but we’ll meet at the cafeteria during lunch okay?  See you later boys!” she winked and hopped back to her seat. 

“When will they ever leave us alone?” Baro, Sandeul and Shinwoo groaned while putting their heads on their desk. 

“I guess it’ll be another long and dull day…” Gongchan sighed.

----

Glossary

daebimama(대비마마) - the highest ranked 'woman' in the palace, in this case, the grandmother of Gongchan and Sandeul 

daegoonmama(대군마마) - another prince, the cousin of the Seja, Sandeul

----

Sorry for the long wait, Chapter 3 is finally up!  How'd you like Prince Sandeul?  Ahahaha, hopefully it was a surprise!  For those of you who are anticipating the meeting of Jinae/Gongchan, they'll be meeting each other really soon!  Anyhow, please comment & subscribe if you're a new reader.  사랑해 ㅎㅎㅎ~ ♥